Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: I don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sasquatch
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: NorthWind
Zodiac:

Weird question.
Are spirits that are bound to a pendant bound to the cord, also? I have a Bronwyn Angel from CH who came bound to a pendant. The pendant is fine, but the cord is kinked up and annoying. Can I safely put the pendant on another cord and dispose of the old kinked one? Or do I need a transmute bag and move her that way. That brings up another similar question. I have another spirit that is bound to a 2 part puzzle ring. When the ring is apart in 2 pieces, which one is the spirit bound to, or is that spirit "halved" between the two?
Does this even make sense?
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

NorthWind wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:19 pm Weird question.
Are spirits that are bound to a pendant bound to the cord, also? I have a Bronwyn Angel from CH who came bound to a pendant. The pendant is fine, but the cord is kinked up and annoying. Can I safely put the pendant on another cord and dispose of the old kinked one? Or do I need a transmute bag and move her that way. That brings up another similar question. I have another spirit that is bound to a 2 part puzzle ring. When the ring is apart in 2 pieces, which one is the spirit bound to, or is that spirit "halved" between the two?
It does make sense.

It's more about what the magical binding did and what that's attached to - the way I see it.

The standard answer is that you have to ask the seller/conjurer. Only they can confirm for sure, no matter what we speculate or what we think is usually, or often, the case. That's because bindings are done differently by different people.

Having said that, I think *usually* a cord or chain won't be the vessel and can be changed. What I think doesn't really matter though, as I'm not the person that did the binding.

I've often seen it said that, if a vessel is broken, the spirit will keep to the bit that's left. But again, it may depend on the conjurer and their methods. With a two part vessel like a puzzle ring - I think you do need to ask the seller.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

NorthWind wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:19 pm Weird question.
This is actually a very valid question and it's always best to seek clarification from the CH support desk. When a companion is bound to a pendant, they are typically not bound to a cord. However, if you're new to the shop, they may include a cord so that you have something to wear with the pendant. This is especially helpful for those who may not have a lot of accessories or cords lying around to pair with pendants.

If the cord doesn't suit your style, don't worry, you can easily change it to something more suitable for you. I would recommend keeping the old cord though, as it can be useful for charging purposes or for other things in the future. Personally, I always appreciate having extra cords or chains because I often find myself needing them. And often. Lol.

Regarding the 2-part ring, it's important to note that the spirit isn't split in half between the two pieces. Holding onto either piece will still allow you to connect with them. However, if you have concerns or uncertainties about this, you have the option to transmute the binding to something else. This can help alleviate any confusion and make things clearer for you.
In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
NorthWind
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: I don't know
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sasquatch
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: NorthWind
Zodiac:

Thank you, both.

I think I am just going to move them to new vessels with a transmute bag. For the first one (with the kinked cord), put the entire thing in, and move her (once I get permission from her) into a new pendant with no cord, and add the cord afterwards so I can keep her close to my heart.

I will likely do the same with the 2 part ring. Move her to a pendant in the same way.

I appreciate your thoughts on this, and have not asked CH Support at this time. I know they are busy folks, and I'd hate to trouble them when it's something I can fix myself.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

You're welcome. Sounds like you have it covered.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Spirit Keeping”