Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:20 am
VanNocturne wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:10 pm 0x. Question;

But first some context.
Person A performs this ritual for themselves. But Person A has done something really heinous to Person B and Person B has been traumatised by Person A's actions. Person B casts a curse to rid themselves of the trauma of Person A's actions, and get revenge.

Will this protection spell still work to protect Person A? 0x.
My thought is the ritual is designed to do what it says it does. (See beginning of the original post at the top of this thread.)

"THIS IS SOMETHING ANYONE CAN USE. IT IS A MAINSTAY BLOCK AGAINST MANY OF THE COMMON & NOT-SO-COMMON THREATS IN FORMS OF MAGIC, ENERGY, SPIRIT, OR ENTITY.

PROTECTION RITUAL, PROVIDES ARMOR FOR PERSON PERFORMING RITUAL PERMANENTLY AGAINST ALL FORMS OF CURSES, HEXES, EVIL EYES, MALICIOUS MAGIC, EVIL OR DANGEROUS SPIRITS & ENTITIES, AND ALL FORMS OF NEGATIVE INFLUENCE. THIS IS THE ULTIMATE IN ARMOR PROTECTION & WILL KEEP YOU SAFE FROM ANY INTRUDING MAGIC, ENERGIES, SPIRITS, AND/OR ENTITIES."

As can be seen, it says 'provides armour permanently [...] against all forms of curses [...]'. It doesn't mention there are exceptions. And that armour doesn't seem to be transactional - ie based on whether or not you've ever done wrong to someone.

It also doesn't mention karma. My understanding of what others understand about karma is the effects one's actions are part of an entirely separate mechanism to what this ritual protects against.
Karma is an interesting topic but probably not for this thread. The best way to explain it would be reading sin eaters describes. They do not take your karma but they do take it's ill effects during sessions if it makes since. Even though person a did horrible things sheild is up doesn't mean it's forgotten

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

But first some context.
Person A performs this ritual for themselves. But Person A has done something really heinous to Person B and Person B has been traumatised by Person A's actions. Person B casts a curse to rid themselves of the trauma of Person A's actions, and get revenge.

You sound like person A. The protection ritual aims to shield anyone from curses and hexes. However, I must align myself with Lewk on this matter. It's important to acknowledge that even with the ritual in place, person A will still face consequences for their actions through the channel of karma. Let's remember that karma operates independently, serving as a separate channel for the repercussions of our deeds.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

Tarvos wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:48 am

But first some context.

You sound like person A. The protection ritual aims to shield anyone from curses and hexes. However, I must align myself with Lewk on this matter. It's important to acknowledge that even with the ritual in place, person A will still face consequences for their actions through the channel of karma. Let's remember that karma operates independently, serving as a separate channel for the repercussions of our deeds.
0x. I sound like Person A? Where did that come from? I wasn't including myself, nor anyone in particular in my question. I was providing an example because I didn't know any other way to ask. 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

Lewk wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:20 am

But first some context.

My thought is the ritual is designed to do what it says it does. (See beginning of the original post at the top of this thread.)

"THIS IS SOMETHING ANYONE CAN USE. IT IS A MAINSTAY BLOCK AGAINST MANY OF THE COMMON & NOT-SO-COMMON THREATS IN FORMS OF MAGIC, ENERGY, SPIRIT, OR ENTITY.

PROTECTION RITUAL, PROVIDES ARMOR FOR PERSON PERFORMING RITUAL PERMANENTLY AGAINST ALL FORMS OF CURSES, HEXES, EVIL EYES, MALICIOUS MAGIC, EVIL OR DANGEROUS SPIRITS & ENTITIES, AND ALL FORMS OF NEGATIVE INFLUENCE. THIS IS THE ULTIMATE IN ARMOR PROTECTION & WILL KEEP YOU SAFE FROM ANY INTRUDING MAGIC, ENERGIES, SPIRITS, AND/OR ENTITIES."

As can be seen, it says 'provides armour permanently [...] against all forms of curses [...]'. It doesn't mention there are exceptions. And that armour doesn't seem to be transactional - ie based on whether or not you've ever done wrong to someone.

It also doesn't mention karma. My understanding of what others understand about karma is the effects one's actions are part of an entirely separate mechanism to what this ritual protects against.
0x. To summarise your answer Lewk; this ritual is for basic protection. Anything that karma throws at Person A would still happen to them, because it's not any random feeder type Spirit, or an evil eye sort of thing. Got it! Thank you for answering my question! 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

VanNocturne wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:02 am 0x. To summarise your answer Lewk; this ritual is for basic protection. Anything that karma throws at Person A would still happen to them, because it's not any random feeder type Spirit, or an evil eye sort of thing. Got it! Thank you for answering my question! 0x.
You're welcome.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Thank you ASH for sharing from your BOS. I added it to mine.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
asuperfluousbow
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Watcher

I thought there's no reason not to bump this post in case someone needs this.

Return to “Protection”