Can anyone explain this experience?

Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: It's a Secret

I woke up middle of the night. Went back to sleep but at some point wasn't actually asleep. I could see my room but over the top like a filter I saw several faces go by like a slide show. I think they were some of my spirits. But then it got weird an ex of mine i haven't talked to or thought of in years was talking to me as if through discord. The scene of my room altered a few times almost like changing a tv channel but it kept going back to me in bed in my room. I went back and forth like this for almost an hour. When it stopped I had a headache. I have had vivid dreams before but never experienced anything like this before. Any ideas? The headache reminded me of the ones I got when I first started spirit keeping.
Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte

It continued shortly after I posted this. Before I dozed back off i had asked my spirits to ensure nothing bad was about even though did not sense anything bad. The dream or whatever it was picked back up same half awake hazy thing. I "woke up" once briefly to loud growling or similar canine noise. In the end this ex turned into something else and was defeated. All very bizarre for me. Increased headache.

I got out of bed and it came to mind that a recent addition to my keep was an Amarok bound on the super blue moon. I chose an Amarok for help with dreaming. As I thought and walked it made sense since the moon is nearly the next full moon since. I did my daily tarot card pull and asked my Amarok to choose today. Its meaning was about letting go of inner fears and anxieties. Relationship fears definitely are that but other things in that "dream" referenced other deep seeded issues of my far past.

So in the end I think it all has to be a message to finally work on letting go of as much of that as possible.
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

You got it. Dreams can often reflect subconscious thoughts, feelings, and experiences. The altering scenes in your room could speak to the shifts and changes you're going through in life. The recurrent scene of you being in bed may signify a sense of stability or predictability amidst these changes.

Seeing an ex-partner in a dream could signify unresolved feelings or lessons. Such dreams aren't necessarily about wanting this person back in life, rather they can show that there's something from that period of your life or from that relationship you need to acknowledge or learn from.

The faces floating around you could symbolize the different identities or aspects of yourself you are engaging with. If you believe they were spirits, this could signify your spiritual journey or the spiritual messages you’re receiving.

The headache could relate to mental or emotional stress. You've mentioned it being similar to the ones you had when you first started Spirit Keeping, indicating that this experience, though seemingly strange, could be part of your spiritual journey, offering both challenges and potential for growth.

A continuation of this vivid dream might signal that your mind is dealing with unresolved issues or feelings, and they're playing out in your dreams.

Your request for protection from your spirits and the subsequent appearance of a loud, growling canine noise could symbolize a protective force or warning signal in your life, possibly stemming from your spiritual beliefs. The canine could represent loyalty, protection and threat detection, indicating that your plea for safety was heard and responded to.

The transformation of your ex into something else suggests a shift in perception regarding past relationships, or an evolution in your personal growth and understanding of those relationships. This transformation leading to defeat could mean you are metaphorically conquering past hurts, conflicts or unresolved emotional baggage.

The increasing headache again may symbolize stress or intense emotional processing. It is a reminder that while exploring these deeper spiritual and psychological aspects can offer insights, it's also crucial to balance this exploration with self-care and rest.

Highly vivid or lucid dreams can be tiring, and the headache felt upon waking might be a physiological response to your mental and emotional state. It's also quite normal to have strange or vivid dreams occasionally. But if headaches persist, it could be helpful to consult with your Keep.
In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte

Thank you for this reply @Tarvos it definitely resonates with the experience. It was definitely the first time I have experienced that kind of dreaming at least in a memorable sense. I'm going to take it as opportunity for growth both in healing the past and moving forward on my spiritual path.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”