Musings on the Eronal Muse

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I wound up writing almost 4,000 words on the 19th! I think it was the most I've ever written in a single day! Then I wound up not writing yesterday, because I wasn't feeling well. Just did some idea work instead... I think I had 7 new ideas for books or series in the past few days, some of them with worldbuilding and multiple stories etc. I am a bit overwhelmed and starry-eyed from all the inspiration. It's a bit crazy... I haven't had this much "writer brain" since my early twenties! Longer ago than I'd like to admit, lol. 8))

I'm feeling phenomenal. And also, like I'll be able to have a real career in writing. I have devoted quite a bit of time to learning about setting up an online presence and webpage as well. I'm not just feeling creatively inspired with writing, either... I've taken up crocheting again. I successfully made a granny square. I'm a bit scatterbrained though - it's like all the exciting things are happening at once! Today I think I'll try to focus...

Working with a creative spirit is interesting. I would say that the effects have been both subtle and powerful. I haven't had any visible apparitions or anything, but on the other hand, I'm definitely getting a lot of writing done. My inspiration hasn't waned at all this month, which is very unusual. And I've also had some surprising things happen in terms of knowing-what-to-do-next with my work. I've found good writer's guidebooks by experienced authors, specifically for problems that I've been having. Chasing after "whichever idea is most interesting today" may not have gotten me to finish any projects, but it has made it easier to reestablish writing as a daily habit, which I think is what I needed the most this month. I am surprised that that worked so well.

stargazerjournal
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 16
Your favorite spirit to work with: Incubus/cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Today's post isn't going to be very long. The inspiration continues! Yesterday I spent most of the day outlining a massive 200,000-word book, which I will hopefully write next year. Someday it may wind up being published on Kindle Vella! The day before that, I rejiggered the outline for the main project I'm working on this month and wrote a few words of prose.

There's only one week left in the month. I think I can safely say that I have already accomplished my main goal for this November - reestablishing a daily writing habit. Sure, it's not as awesome as actually winning NaNoWriMo, but I guess I can leave that for another year. I have also learned an incredible amount about writing in a very short time! My spirit hasn't exactly shown up in a full-bodied apparition, or held my hand while I was writing, but I definitely feel like she's been there.

The gerbera daisy bouquet that I bought for Z is still going strong, though I need to trim off a few dead flowers. Despite her not being a talkative or in-your-face spirit, I feel like we've established communication. Lately I've been dreaming of being in love. <3

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”