venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Thank you @Lewk that is exactly right and important for everyone to understand.

@madgar29 I get you. Honestly, I feel nobody here gave @Uxiameng any impossibilities to embrace.

I think 🤔, in an open forum, it's okay to bring our understanding and knowledge to the table as I am sure, in time, other Keepers will be going to read these lines. It's already many important points mentioned & seemingly maybe irrelevant inputs included for now, that will be very useful later on in time.

I do appreciate these clarifying little links that @Lewk 📎, and everyone's thoughts as it's rather touchie discussion and there's so much to learn when it's comes to spirit keeping and working with a child spirit.
Lewk wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:23 pm
ASTER wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:48 am [...]Unfortunately, spirit children are not ageing although I believe they do learn and can demonstrate maturity as the two of you spent time together bonding.[...]
I'm not the resident expert but I think this is an important point.

Progress

Spirits do seem to remain at the level they achieved while alive. They don't progress after death, in that sense. If I recall correctly, a CH article I've read gives the example that, if a being has not acquired magical abilities while alive, they won't be able to wield such abilities as a spirit companion. Their personality / character may be very similar to when they were alive.

Evolution

The point I mentioned about spirits being more evolved than when they were alive is a different thing. Spirits do see things from a different perspective than when they were alive. They also don't need to eat etc. Their actual needs are not the same as when alive. A spirit does learn and experience while with a keeper, for example, but this is as a spirit...it's not identical to life experience.

These two distinct things are both true at the same time.

This is based on what lessons I've taken from CH articles etc. That's probably the limit to how I can explain it.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

It's not that you all haven't said important things in response but I feel like nobody is getting that the original poster asked a very simple question and you're overcomplicating the answer for them.

They asked how to bond and what is liked by this type of spirit.

The answer is that it depends on the spirit who comes through. Like living kids, spirit kids have unique personalities and you'll learn about yours once they're conjured.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I suppose if you are getting a baby who hasn't transitioned in the afterlife and feels orphaned though, you best be ready for very sad energy to affect you.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Uxiameng
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: N/A
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Uxiameng/Qais

Thank you all for the feedback, I was embarrassed to post this, I appreciate the help and advice.

Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

Hello @Uxiameng,

I have a a non CH human spirit "H" that passed young. (Her vessel is a doll from the 90's) & the moment I saw her listing I adopted her since her calling was so incredibly strong. My case differs from yours however in the sense that I chose not to have children (or marry for that matter, not that there's anything wrong with doing those things, it's just not for me but I digress.) When "H" arrived she was very loving but a bit sassy which I knew she'd be from her listing.

I'm not so much a parent to her, I gave her the option to choose what she sees me as and she describes me more like an older sister, but each companion is different so yours might have a different opinion. As far as bonding advice, I bonded with her as I have with any of my other companions such as time spent with her for example. Even if you can't see or hear your companions mine all love that as most do I believe. ( "H" communicates with me through telepathy & tarot mostly but also enjoys my pendulum & flickering my lights in my room which I'm perfectly fine with her doing.) She loves children's movies, I'll be relaxing and all of a sudden a movie from my own childhood comes to mind so I'll pick her vessel up and hug her while we watch it. I'm also a fan of things like teddy bears, unicorns, dolls as a general rule so I'll put her vessel near them and then sometimes my lights will flicker which is her way of thanking me. As others have suggested, asking your companion what they enjoy is great and again even if you're blind & deaf to communicating with your companions, they sometimes can still let you know with random signs. Like if you suddenly think of a song, or putting a playlist on shuffle asking them to choose one (shufflemancy which I also use.) It might be them trying to communicate with you.

The signs can be very subtle, but like I said making the effort to bond is something they love regardless and appreciate very much. Another suggestion is to ask their conjurer to see if there's any information on what they liked if like my haunted doll, the companion was in someone else's home before the listing was created. What activities did the conjurer do with the companion etc?

I hope this helps❣

\:*

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi

Return to “Spirit Keeping”