Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I agree. There is absolute Justice upheld within the universe by various cosmic forces, of which Nemesis and Themis are a couple. I've reflected back on what I've said in this post often over the years and I still agree with most of my original points.

The first things to understand about forces in this Domain is they do not necessarily reflect our perspective and sense of time. We, with our finite lives, often believe justice must be doled out in our lifetime against specific individuals who have harmed us, and are largely emotional when we weigh this out, making matters very personal with a skewed bias. While this form of justice exists to a degree, the larger picture justice works over generations with a sense of purpose and logic, usually so flawlessly we've mistaken them as part of the machine and see them as natural consequences. But how natural are these consequences really? It has caused the rise and falls of nations and overall is literally the only reason we still have a society. At least, in my opinion and experience.

Let me explain this last point. Forces of Law and Justice have allowed our continued survival in the face of our overwhelming desire to self-destruct, and may be a key reason why we never erupted into global nuclear annihilation during the cold war. Think in terms of what hasn't happened rather than what has, or how very close disaster has come upon us several times but it has yet to. The Black Plague could have sent Europe back to the stone ages or even left it completely barren.

As for magickal justice and justice against magickal abuses, well, I would like to amend my previous points. Magick related to justice, revenge, retribution, and wrath is a complex area. It is overly simplified into "Good Karma" and "Bad Karma", in my opinion, but this is a good way to keep people who should not delve into it away from it. A casting in this area breaks down into individual circumstances and also depends on who you are, your various affinities, and your personality. There's no real "right" or "wrong", its just a whole lot of gray. It requires study, reflection, and temperance if you truly wish to go down this path, and understanding your role in the world and your purpose as given by the Universe is something to consider. But again, this is according to my opinion and experience and is a result of my education as a student of Nemesis.

According to my world view, this is how it works. However, this could also be largely relative, applying only to me and changing, whether slightly or largely, for the next person. Who can say with any form of authority? Nonetheless, hopefully I've brought up points to consider.

And then there was a thing, but not any thing, it was a thingy thing.
~~~~~~
Azure Echo, owner of Azure's Immortal Conjures.
https://azures-immortal-conjures.fwscart.com/

Return to “Immortals - Specific”