new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hi all.

Much happened in my life in the past two years. I had sorrow, betrayal and regret. I understand why though. The universe needed me to be where I am now. I recently discovered art and it's filling my life.

My question is...Goddess Athena is the patron of the arts. Would building a shrine to her attract her blessings?

I have a book called Encyclopedia of Spirits and it says Offerings of Incense; candles; the fruits of your labor and creativity; images of owls, spiders and ships. Would it be beneficial?

I know many of you know a great deal and have experience with her.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Wisdom Seaker

... Where the ocean meets the sky, I'll be sailing...

Lonik
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lonik
Zodiac:

Sometimes building a small shrine altar is a good idea. But it is not necessary. Im a hidden witch - spirit keeper. And i work with dieties - spirits including Athena❤️. I have a small space where i leave my offerings hidden away (Athena never got mad to me for not having a shrine or that i leave hidden offerings). If a diety sees that the environment youre in is kinda difficult for you to build something like an altar they are not gonna be mad or look down upon you. The are understanding and see that youre doing what you can for them. The book you talked about is a great book by the way you should check the other books from the same author.

Follow your heart till it bleeds as we run towards the end of the dream. 8*8
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Wisdom Seaker wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:37 pm Hi all.

Much happened in my life in the past two years. I had sorrow, betrayal and regret. I understand why though. The universe needed me to be where I am now. I recently discovered art and it's filling my life.

My question is...Goddess Athena is the patron of the arts. Would building a shrine to her attract her blessings?

I have a book called Encyclopedia of Spirits and it says Offerings of Incense; candles; the fruits of your labor and creativity; images of owls, spiders and ships. Would it be beneficial?

Thank you in advance.
Reaching out to her doesn't necessitate building a shrine. Her presence isn't confined to physical structures like shrines and doesn't guarantee receiving blessings.

Ensure not to limit yourself to books when it comes to her favorite offerings. Only a handful listed in the book are genuinely favored by her.

If you're eager to connect with her, creating a channel to her could be a great idea. I personally don't have individual shrines for immortals. I maintain a portable altar for all entities, spirits, and immortals.

My experience with her has been quite impactful. She once conveyed a powerful message that moved me to tears. It aimed to nurture in me a sharper mental clarity, strong, warrior-like qualities, skills, instincts, and more. The personal significance of this message led me to have CH bind a channel to her afterwards.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

You know, I wouldn't myself see Athena as patron of the arts exactly.

Music, yes, as she's credited with inventing the flute. Weaving & embroidery, crafts. Apollo might be a better fit for art generally. (Dionysius is credited with the introduction of plays.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

If you get a conjuration & binding of an Immortal, I find that shrines are a personal choice, rather than a necessity, as spirit keeping simplifies things that way.

find it again.
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Tarvos wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:52 pm
Wisdom Seaker wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:37 pm Hi all.

Thank you in advance.
Reaching out to her doesn't necessitate building a shrine. Her presence isn't confined to physical structures like shrines and doesn't guarantee receiving blessings.

Ensure not to limit yourself to books when it comes to her favorite offerings. Only a handful listed in the book are genuinely favored by her.

If you're eager to connect with her, creating a channel to her could be a great idea. I personally don't have individual shrines for immortals. I maintain a portable altar for all entities, spirits, and immortals.

My experience with her has been quite impactful. She once conveyed a powerful message that moved me to tears. It aimed to nurture in me a sharper mental clarity, strong, warrior-like qualities, skills, instincts, and more. The personal significance of this message led me to have CH bind a channel to her afterwards.
I think Tarvos gave a great reply to you here.

The point I want to highlight is that blessings from Immortals are not guaranteed through anything, and Tarvos' own experience of being moved to tears by a message that was conveyed to him can be considered a 'blessing in disguise' simply because of how much that message meant to him.

Allow things to happen naturally instead of trying to plan out what you want right from the start. Be open to their teachings and show your genuine desire to create a connection and build a relationship with Immortals. Simply feeling their presence in your life is a blessing in and of itself.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Adair Aithne wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:49 am [...] with Immortals. Simply feeling their presence in your life is a blessing in and of itself.
Yes, I have to admit this is the main thing for me.

I confess that I don't much strive for outcomes. Maybe I'm influenced in that by having spent so many years prioritising Eastern mysticism practice, which tends to be more about being than having.

find it again.

Return to “Immortals”