Is direct-binding better than having a vessel?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

MysticTranscendence wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:17 pm This is such a fascinating topic! I have a question about this idea:

If direct binding COULD be better than having a vessel (it seems to be the case for some people), is there a recommended way to have a spirit that was previously bound to a vessel, upgraded to also be bound to your spirit through CH?

Personally, my thinking now is to have spirits that I feel a strong calling to bound to spirit, and then ones I’m unsure about bound to my master vessel.

It would be reassuring to know that if there’s a way to upgrade them from vessel to bound to spirit down the road that this is a possibility.

Also, would it be strange to have a spirit bound to your spirit, a master vessel, and a regular vessel at the same time? This is the situation I’ll be in if I have my companion additionally bound to spirit.
Additionally bound to spirit?

General principle - ask the conjurer/seller what's possible, as it varies.

Mechanics - thinking it through, there will always only be one actual 'main' binding. Others will be copies. (I think.)

I've just posted on a similar topic in another thread. You may have noticed that I've been spirit keeping for only 5 years. I'm not a spirit keeping seller/conjurer, nor one with great experience. I'm by no means on a par with founders of spirit keeping like Magnolia & ASH, that's obvious. So I often hesitate to state opinions on spirit keeping unequivocally. My own instinct, however, is to consider the needs of my spirit companions when it comes to bindings. I suspect having too many copies could be confusing or unsettling for them. Strange for the keeper? Maybe not. Strange for the beings themselves? Maybe. Could be. Not sure.

Ask CH support?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Reflecting on my personal experience with spirit keeping, I've come to understand that the choice between direct-binding and using a vessel for a spirit largely depends on individual preferences and practical needs. I haven't found it necessary to opt for direct-binding over a vessel, except in specific circumstances, such as when traveling long distances. In such cases, carrying multiple vessels can be impractical, making direct-binding a more convenient choice.

In my daily routine, I often take some of my spirit’s vessels to work, while others remain at home. This practice has led me to realize that the spirits are not confined to their vessels; they are present around me, irrespective of whether their vessel is physically close. The vessel, in this sense, acts more like a focal point or a link — a GPS locator and a communication tool, rather than a restrictive home for the spirit.

This understanding is further reinforced by the fact that at home, I can communicate with the spirits anywhere in the house, without the need to carry their vessel with me. The spirits themselves have confirmed that their presence does not depend on the physical proximity of the vessel. This highlights their ability to exist beyond physical limitations, capable of traveling between realms and being present in multiple spaces.

Moreover, the bonding period with a spirit creates a connection that transcends the need for a physical vessel. This bond is more about an intrinsic link between the spirit and me, suggesting a deeper level of spiritual connection.

In making a choice between direct-binding and using a vessel, I also consider my own abilities and preferences. Factors like my skill in clairsentience, astral travel, telepathy, and the practicality of carrying vessels all play a role in this decision. Ultimately, for me, the decision is about what best fits my lifestyle, my capabilities in spiritual communication, and how I prefer to interact with my spirit companions. It's a balance between convenience, personal spiritual practice, and the nature of my relationship with each spirit.

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”