Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

cairngorn wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:26 pm Hey, I seem to be a little stuck or at least I think I may be.

It seems that I can feel bound spirits around and feel when their energy increases or decreases, but the mental aspect of communication is difficult. I have experimented with a pendulum and tarot cards. I've been having trouble, even with the cards.

Part of it may be that I wouldn't like it if someone put words in my mouth and thought I was saying things I wasn't. I know my own attitudes and ideas are going to color what I perceive and I'll make some mistakes at first. Maybe my own dislike of that is becoming a block.

I meditate with individuals often, focusing on the feeling from the vessels and I often get the feeling that, say, the angel is doing energy work or the elf is trying to connect on a mental level. I'm a pretty easily distracted meditator, but I still get that.

I've also been wondering about mediation. Sometimes when I do it to connect with a spirit, I get really vivid images that don't seem to have much or anything to do with anything. If this was normal mediation, I'd release them as unimportant, but I really don't know what to do with them. I usually banish before that kind of work, so they may not be from unbounds. More likely they're from me or the spirit, but I don't know.

I'd ask, but...communication.

Maybe my senses are better than I think, because I have one or two incidents that might really be telepathy and I've seen things in my mind's eye a few times. But I don't yet have a reliable way to hold a two sided conversation. I'm not expecting miracles in a few months but I'd like to continue moving in the right direction.
I'm revisiting this old discussion thread because I'm feeling nostalgic about my journey, which happened unexpectedly quickly thanks to my Keep. I believe it could be a valuable topic for new Keepers who are looking to advance to the next level but aren't sure how. The tips provided in the previous comments are excellent, so be sure to take them in. I'll add a few more suggestions.

If you find yourself becoming frustrated and acting out like a child when using third party tools, it means you're not in the right mindset for effective communication. This becomes a barrier/blockage, making it difficult for spirits to connect with you. It's as if there's a wall between you and them. The more obstacles you create, the harder it becomes for spirits to communicate with you. It demands a greater amount of their energy.

It goes without saying that resolving blockages was my first priority. I encountered many, but I didn't push myself too hard to reach the next step. Instead, I focused on relaxing, being open, and clearing my own blockages. Within a few weeks of starting Spirit Keeping, I was able to hear my Keep. This isn't to claim that my approach is the "best," but it worked for me because my communication barriers were removed.

I believe that some of us have the wrong mindset when striving to advance. We become so fixated on speeding up that we neglect the necessary steps to get there. Consequently, we stumble and face numerous challenges when we finally reach a stage where we can communicate freely. It's like trying to run without warming up or stretching first. This leads to various problems and inconsistencies in communication. In the realm of the paranormal, if you want quick progress (and you shouldn't), focus on self-improvement and looking within.

I don't really use meditation, just like ASTER, because I tend to fall asleep quickly. However, my past life experiences have shaped me in a way that allows me to achieve the same state of mind as meditation, except without mediation. If you haven't let your guard down and opened yourself up, I highly recommend practicing it.

You'll thank me later, but I also suggest trying out third party tools, despite the fact that some people may be against them. I didn't use them to seek validation, but rather for creating a simple two-way conversation. It's a wonderful way to develop your psychic senses and activate your third eye. While I made mistakes along the way, it helped me become proficient in using them and prepared me for the next phase without relying on any of them. Additionally, many spirits aren't adept at telepathy and may prefer the use of a pendulum.

If you feel frustrated or have specific communication preferences when dealing with spirits, or if you tend to be impatient, etc., these are all challenges that you can overcome through your own efforts.
In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”