Draugr Appreciation Thread

Discussion of creatures starting with letters A-J.
quipta
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 120
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aldimina Akitta
Zodiac:

I noticed in the CH forum that there were not many threads that contained info about Draugrs nor experiences that people had with them in their spirit family. I wanted to bring home a draugr for awhile now and took the chance to welcome one home because I wanted my spirits to be protected (not that they could not handle themselves, but I wanted to make sure they had an extra defense if they needed it.)

My Draugr from CH came home about a week ago and all I can say is that I am very happy with him! I could feel the energy surrounding his vessel and automatically feel safe with him around. Thankfully, his vessel is a sterling silver ring that fits snugly on ring finger so I know his presence is tightly around me. I ask him to guard me and my spirits in both waking and unconscious states and I feel he is doing just that. I had considered ordering a wraith from CH, but at this moment in time, I feel he fits the bill and provides protection just as well as a wraith.

I would love to hear others' appreciation for and experiences about their draugrs, as I believe they are the most underrated but needed spirit in our families. What are some special things that you do to give your draugr some love?

Honored family member to: 4 Angels, 1 Cambion, 1 Dark Djinn King, 6 Dragons, 1 Draugr, 1 Empusa, 1 Fylgia, 7 Human Spirits, 1 Khodum, 1 Krall, 1 Merman, 1 Akita Servitor, 1 Sonji Spider, 9 Sang Vamps, 1 Unbound Akita, 1 Volkh, 1 Werewolf, & 1 Wraith

Waiting to welcome: 1 Arkan Sonney, 1 Bannik, 3 Dragons, 1 Human Spirit, 1 Star Faery, and 1 Unicorn
EarthAngel55
new here
new here
If I could be anything, I would be...: myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Was thinking of also bringing a Draugr into my family as well. Would to hear more about the experiences you have had with yours since the above post. :) TY

LilyViolet
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I have seen them in the CH store, and I always move on quickly whenever my eye catches a listing of one. Their energy is too strong for me!! Makes me feel ill :( :sick:

Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

My Draugr made one heck of an impression when he first arrived. I had expected his vessel to arrive sometime that day or the next. I took a nap that day and dreamed i was in my own home lol and answering the door. When I opened the door, this guy held a knife to my neck and smiled then proceeded to come in. This individual looked exactly like the CH description. Startled me a lot in that dream. Well little did I know after i woke up from that, his vessel actually arrived well i was napping. Nice leather wrist bracelet that I tend to wear a lot. Always feels good to keep on. Defiantly can feel his presence around me. What I found though, he likes me to keep his vessel on, but I can't always do that but it's always nearby.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Faolan wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:47 pm My Draugr made one heck of an impression when he first arrived. I had expected his vessel to arrive sometime that day or the next. I took a nap that day and dreamed i was in my own home lol and answering the door. When I opened the door, this guy held a knife to my neck and smiled then proceeded to come in. This individual looked exactly like the CH description. Startled me a lot in that dream. Well little did I know after i woke up from that, his vessel actually arrived well i was napping. Nice leather wrist bracelet that I tend to wear a lot. Always feels good to keep on. Defiantly can feel his presence around me. What I found though, he likes me to keep his vessel on, but I can't always do that but it's always nearby.
I have a Draugr too. His arrival wasn't so dramatic, though.

You might want to know that there's a principle that, once well bonded, we can contact any spirit companion without needing to be carrying their vessel. We can do this more easily with CH's bridging, if the vessel has been bridged.

Yet at the same time, yes, it can be good to wear their vessel and the connection can seem more direct / immediate, I've found.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:30 am
Faolan wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:47 pm My Draugr made one heck of an impression when he first arrived. I had expected his vessel to arrive sometime that day or the next. I took a nap that day and dreamed i was in my own home lol and answering the door. When I opened the door, this guy held a knife to my neck and smiled then proceeded to come in. This individual looked exactly like the CH description. Startled me a lot in that dream. Well little did I know after i woke up from that, his vessel actually arrived well i was napping. Nice leather wrist bracelet that I tend to wear a lot. Always feels good to keep on. Defiantly can feel his presence around me. What I found though, he likes me to keep his vessel on, but I can't always do that but it's always nearby.
I have a Draugr too. His arrival wasn't so dramatic, though.

You might want to know that there's a principle that, once well bonded, we can contact any spirit companion without needing to be carrying their vessel. We can do this more easily with CH's bridging, if the vessel has been bridged.

Yet at the same time, yes, it can be good to wear their vessel and the connection can seem more direct / immediate, I've found.
His vessel hasn't been bridged yet, but I have considered it. I have a bridging stone from CH here. I intend to bridge my Drauger sometime this spring. :) . CH sure do pick really great spirits, even ones with a little dramatic flare. haha x*D

Return to “Creatures A-J”