Domovoi anyone?

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Osean
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

Luna Lysithea wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:00 pm I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd reply as well. I recently answered a calling for one myself also & I'll be sure to share my experiences if she gives consent that I may do so. (In addition, you can ask CH support why treats aren't recommended for them.) ❄

However, as most people know about me I still offer treats even to my wraiths for example all of whom enjoy such things greatly even though their species generally doesn't. Doing this is just what's best for myself & my spirit family so I'm in no way suggesting you do what I do. Always do what's best for you, your companions, & your journey. ☃️

*>*

I grew up learning slavic culture as both my parents are at least part slavic. I was raised to give them milk and salted bread

Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Osean wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:30 pm
I grew up learning slavic culture as both my parents are at least part slavic. I was raised to give them milk and salted bread
Well, that is something new I have Iearned today. <3

Are there any particular Slavic folk stories that you know of that mention Domovoi and interactions with them?

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
Osean
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Osean
Zodiac:

Umbra_Arcana wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:59 pm
Osean wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:30 pm
Well, that is something new I have Iearned today. <3

Are there any particular Slavic folk stories that you know of that mention Domovoi and interactions with them?
I learned of domavoi from both sets of grandparents. Both my grandparents had them because they summoned them to their households. They are guardians of your household. Yes, they can be tricksters at times. A lot of the stories I was told as a child were scary as parents used them to scare children into behaving. Slavic practitioners are very nature based and we tend to believe in the duality in almost everything. For example some plants can both heal you and kill you depending on how they are used.

Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Osean wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:19 pm
I learned of domavoi from both sets of grandparents. Both my grandparents had them because they summoned them to their households. They are guardians of your household. Yes, they can be tricksters at times. A lot of the stories I was told as a child were scary as parents used them to scare children into behaving. Slavic practitioners are very nature based and we tend to believe in the duality in almost everything. For example some plants can both heal you and kill you depending on how they are used.
That's interesting. Do you know of any books or authors you could recommend to read more about Slavic folk traditions and practices?

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”