You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 44
Spelled Number: 23
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Onyx
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:I posted this in another thread, but it's worth repeating in this one.

I have been active psychically since age 12. I turned 50 last fall, and I still practice every day. Every. Day. No exceptions. So if the people who are experienced find daily practice a necessity, that should be an indicator that everyone who wishes to begin using their skills, or refine their newly-discovered abilities, needs to practice. Sitting and wishing doesn't get the job done. Only practice does.

So here are some ideas. Start with the meditation techniques of your choice (see my above post). There's a whole ton of meditation music, if that's what suits you, to be found on YouTube and on free streaming services like Spotify (my particular favorite for finding albums), Pandora, you name it.

Then, with or without the music to guide your meditation, try exercises like these:

When I got my first Cat Familiar spirit, Annika suggested getting her acclimated to her duties by having her predict just one lottery number, regularly. Just one digit or just one number, not the entire thing. So do this regularly.

I have been asking my Equines to predict race outcomes. They were correct in picking the winner of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness (and they are leaning toward a Triple Crown this year, as things stand now, provided California Chrome remains healthy). I am not recommending placing any bets on races or even the lottery, mind you -- we're just aiming for some straight-up predictions here. Ask your spirits to predict the winner, or to pick one or more of the horses who'll finish in the top three.

Take a deck of playing cards. Set the jokers aside. Draw the top card face-down. Ask your spirits if it's red or black, or ask them what the suit is. Write your answer down. Turn the card over and note the answer. Continue to do this exercise repeatedly. You might find it easier to start with just red/black if you are unaccustomed to receiving telepathic input.

Follow current news stories. Pick a current headline and ask your spirits what TOMORROW'S reporting on that story will be like. Write down your answer. Check your results when tomorrow's news comes out.

DO NOT berate yourself over wrong answers. They'll happen. Instead, pay attention to everything about how that answer "felt" and sounded to you.

DO be happy about correct answers. Those will also happen. But what's important is to pay strict attention to what that correct answer "felt" and sounded like, because THAT is the feeling that you are going to aim for every time, once you learn to recognize it for what it is.

Now, go and practice. Do something now. :) Heck, there's a "What's in the box?" thread currently on the Spirit Keeping subforum, so you can begin there.

Absolutely outstanding advice! Thank you so much Likes2Read! I must admit, I don't practice as often as you, not by a long shot, but it's my goal to make it a lifestyle.
I must admit, I've done some of these things in the past and got discouraged when things didn't turn out the way I wanted it to turn out. I eventually lost interest, only to come back to it again.
Now I know that's how it's supposed to be. :)
I can't thank you enough for your advice!!

:) 8)|* 8)

LOVE
Onyx51
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 44
Spelled Number: 23
Your favorite spirit to work with: Marid Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Onyx
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:When it comes to communicating with spirits you should learn not to overlook the subtle.

Telepathy is the most common form of communication and obviously the quickest! Remember not to overlook the thoughts, messages, and dreams that come to you. Especially if you feel they aren't exactly how you would normally feel/think.

Protection is paramount in all things paranormal, not just spirit communication. If you haven't already you should invest in casting spells yourself, having spellcast vessels, protective spirits, etc.

This is a protection ritual Ash posted: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 3&p=139646

Thank you Magnolia!! And thank you for the protection ritual! I appreciate it very much!! 8)|*

LOVE
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I was born psychically open. Now, I must regain my lost abilities. I lost them due to a stroke suffered in the temporal region. It has affected my ability to communicate and sense them. I will be working on this for the foreseeable future.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:47 am I was born psychically open. Now, I must regain my lost abilities. I lost them due to a stroke suffered in the temporal region. It has affected my ability to communicate and sense them. I will be working on this for the foreseeable future.

I am so sorry to hear that! How are you doing?

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

CH does offer in the shop a free book on how to use telepathy.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:47 am I was born psychically open. Now, I must regain my lost abilities. I lost them due to a stroke suffered in the temporal region. It has affected my ability to communicate and sense them. I will be working on this for the foreseeable future.
I am so sorry Huffette, I know where you are coming from, I had a Transient Ischemic Attack June of 2018, it was on the frontal lobe where mine was, but where I differ was, I never lost my ability, but was hindered for a short period! I guess being afraid can hinder some things! But one thing I noticed was once I got past my fear, or should I say work with my fear & try to make it a positive I found that seemed to help!

How are you doing now?

:3
divineseeker
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Hello,
Just saw this post today. I hope you are doing ok.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I am taking things one day at a time. I have to regain my memory and concentration before I can progress. I have been working toward that goal, with a little success.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Redstarbright
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: All

Huffette wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:22 pm I am taking things one day at a time. I have to regain my memory and concentration before I can progress. I have been working toward that goal, with a little success.
I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Sending you my thoughts and strength 🫂

VanNocturne
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: ...it's a secret!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ...it's also a secret.

Huffette wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:22 pm I am taking things one day at a time. I have to regain my memory and concentration before I can progress. I have been working toward that goal, with a little success.
0x. I'm sorry to hear that you had a stroke. However, I'm happy to hear you're having success! I'm sure your husband and Spirits are happy too! 0x.

|..| Hail Thyself |..|

Return to “Spirit Tasking”