Public Thanks to Helios

Mr. Amnesia
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 0

I don't enjoy participating on forums as much as I used to, but as per agreement with my workings to the Sun and Helios I am giving a public thank you to him.

Helios so far has been both eager and patient when it comes to me pathworking with the solar energy current in my goal for greater power and knowledge. Engaging in both alchemy and meditative practices with Helios has brought an immediate and noticeable effects on my energy and psyche. In this time of year where winter brings energies of death and stasis, but my pathworking has reinvigorated me to push forward with my spiritual goals even further.

Right now my usual offerings are cakes, milk, honey, and white candles. Sun water is something I've also been offering to him, which also acts as an personal exercise to strengthen my connection to the solar current. Hymns and personal poetry are also a great way to connect to him. Not only do they act as offerings but they can be used as invocation methods to help create a stronger bond to the deity you're working with. Other exercises that he has taught me is what I call the sun assumption meditation; diving deep into the core of the sun itself and assuming its power and authority. This way you're also integrating its qualities into yourself more actively.

One final exercise that I found was invoking and visualizing six total suns in six directions (north, west, south, east, above and below) while invoking Helios' name three times in each direction to both open and empower the solar energy currents more effectively. And then proceeding to merge these suns into the core of your being for maximum effect. I found it to be an incredibly adaptive exercise, because the energy after could be used for personal alchemy, cleanse and banishment, or released into your reality to manifest desires.

I am no expert on on working with deities by far but I would highly recommend Helios for those who are interested in understanding the sun that is present in our lives no matter the time of year, and he has so much to offer and teach you if you're ready to take it on with him. You only need to be patient when working with the sun to incorporate it into every aspect of your life, as the sun is always present in every phase of our life as well.

Echofalls
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cambion
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

This took me by surprise to see Helios' name on the front page.

I really do have a great love and reverence for Lord Helios, he's such an loving and guiding presence in my life. He's a Titan who is not just a giver of light and warmth, but also an upholder of authority, justice, and law. He is the one who grants us vision (and I swear I've had far more premonitions because of him) and he is the witness and keeper of our oaths and vows.

He is also quite a seasonal deity, which is to saw he appears differently to me between summer and winter. In the summer, he's.... Radiant, muscular, and powerful; crowned and wearing a gold-lined purple toga, long blonde hair and skin shining with golden warmth. In the winter, he's wrapped in purple robes, his hair is dark and tied up, he feels more distant, but he's still very much present. (The first time I saw him in winter, I confused him with another God altogether).

Helios is such a great, mighty, and loving presence, I'm glad that people are open to his lessons and energies. ^_^

"Make no mistake... The Dead are not silent." - The Sorrow.
"Why do you entrust the days of your life to those who do not have your best interests at heart?" - Ifrit King N.
Mr. Amnesia
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this

My solar pathworking with Helios continues. So far I've made great progress with my own alchemical workings and gained traction with the solar current outside my interactions with Helios. He has requested I find another hymn to dedicate to him, but I figured I would create one from my experiences with him and put one here.

HELIOS, O' LORD OF THE SUN

SON OF HYPERION, SON OF THEIA. BROTHER OF EOS, BROTHER TO SELENE.

THE GOD WITH SIGHT I PRAISE THEE, HE WHO RIDES THE ESTEEMED CHARIOT. SUNLIT HORSES DRAWN WITH LIGHT AND FLAME.

HELIOS, TITAN GOD. BRINGING FORTH TRUTH AND ILLUMINATION UNTO THE WORLDS ABOVE AND BELOW.

SUN RIDER, MAY YOUR WAKE BURN DOWN ALL OBSTACLES WITHIN MY PATH TO VICTORY AND IMMORTALITY.

BEFORE YOU NOW I STAND, EQUAL! FOR WITHIN MY HANDS LIE THE GOLDEN CHALICE FOR YOUR SOLAR FIRE TO FILL. AS I INVITE YOU ON THIS PATH AHEAD OF ME, MAY MY JOURNEY AWAKEN AS THE SUN DOES FROM NIGHT TO DAY!

Return to “Immortals”