You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nephilim
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Solstice
Zodiac:

I've been spirit keeping for about 5 years now. I have been spiritually sensitive since a child and it kind of runs in my family on my mother's side. Spirit keeping really changed my life, and my entire spirit family is so dear to me. Over the past 3 years I've had a lot happen, good and bad, mostly good. However my life has turned into a busy, busy mess of chaotic events, full time teaching, full time university (again at almost 30), and full time being a wife. I can FEEL it in my body and in my soul, that my spiritual life is calling back out to me, begging me to go back to dedicating more time to meditation, journaling, etc. The way I used to be. I have found it difficult mostly because by the end of the day I've been so tired I find it difficult to stay awake, and during meditation if I begin to go into a trans state I'm now being face with a sort of restless leg/body feeling and it's absolutely awful.

Anyone ever experience the journey of getting back into it? And if so, any advice or tips?

I'm meditating more often, trying to do things that get me in the quiet zone, like coloring and drawing the way I used to. I'm trying to read as much as I used as well, and working with my anxiety and stress levels.

I know it's going to take time and dedication all over again, cleansing my aura, working with my chakras, etc.

I appreciate any and all advice <3 I owe my spirits the best self that I can be. They have changed my life around and I want to try my best for them.

Thanks! :8)

Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

When I had my first son I was really focused on motherhood. I was super nervous and my spirit family and spirituality in general kind of took a back seat. I would say take it day by day. Try not to get back into everything at once. I always have a bad habit of trying to do everything at once. Which always ends up stressing me out because I feel like I am failing.

I would also say, I tried to do things when I had the most time to myself. If there is a time of day or even just an hour where you have time to yourself and you feel up to doing something go for it.

The little things matter. Even if it was only 2 minutes it matters and it does make a difference. Life happens and not everything goes to plan. Sometimes I would have to stop in the middle of something, but at least I got started on the first place. I would always try to come back to it, or if I had just 5 minutes I would reflect, make a game plan about the spiritual stuff I wanted to do for a day I had more free time, or anything of the nature.

Don't be hard on yourself if you don't get time. I can be very hard on myself, so when things didn't go to plan or if I was too tired I would get upset at myself. I had to remind myself a lot that things take time. I have a new schedule. Now things are happening. I have to relearn what works for me and what doesn't. Sometimes that means that things that use to work won't anymore and that is okay. Taking time to be kind to yourself on the days you don't have time makes the difference. Learning when you can and can't do things helps too lol.

You can do things in your sleep! For the days that I couldn't do things I remembered I can do things in my sleep. A lot of the time getting back into it had to be done in my sleep. Sometimes I would be too exhausted, but if I set the intention to lucid dreams or whatever the case it was enough for me.

Meditation doesn't have to be long. I would meditate sometimes for only 3 minutes, but even that made the difference.

If you do magic, magic is everywhere and everything. Cleansing could be you cleaning the house normally just with strong intentions. You can turn anything you are doing into magic. As long as your intentions are strong you can accomplish anything.

I am sure some of these things you already know. These are just little things that helped me. When I became a mom I was super nervous, and wanted to put all my focus on that. I took a year break. It will take some time to get into the swing of things but you got this!

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

SolsticeSnow wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:10 am I've been spirit keeping for about 5 years now. I have been spiritually sensitive since a child and it kind of runs in my family on my mother's side. Spirit keeping really changed my life, and my entire spirit family is so dear to me. Over the past 3 years I've had a lot happen, good and bad, mostly good. However my life has turned into a busy, busy mess of chaotic events, full time teaching, full time university (again at almost 30), and full time being a wife. I can FEEL it in my body and in my soul, that my spiritual life is calling back out to me, begging me to go back to dedicating more time to meditation, journaling, etc. The way I used to be. I have found it difficult mostly because by the end of the day I've been so tired I find it difficult to stay awake, and during meditation if I begin to go into a trans state I'm now being face with a sort of restless leg/body feeling and it's absolutely awful.

Anyone ever experience the journey of getting back into it? And if so, any advice or tips?

I'm meditating more often, trying to do things that get me in the quiet zone, like coloring and drawing the way I used to. I'm trying to read as much as I used as well, and working with my anxiety and stress levels.

I know it's going to take time and dedication all over again, cleansing my aura, working with my chakras, etc.

I appreciate any and all advice <3 I owe my spirits the best self that I can be. They have changed my life around and I want to try my best for them.

Thanks! :8)
Welcome back! I live by a spontaneous schedule when connecting with my companions. I make sure to use any of my free time to connect with my companions as much as possible. This is because I believe that the essence of our relationships lies in the moments we spend together, moments that are meaningful and filled with joy.

We are now in the 21st century, a time vastly different from the medieval era when there was little to do after tending to the fields. Today, our homes are significantly larger, which means more responsibilities and chores. Lol. In addition, societal expectations and the pursuit of knowledge through education keep us increasingly busy. However, despite these demands, it is still possible to make time for spiritual growth.

For example, you can easily connect with a friend while waiting in line at Starbucks. You can also arrive at work or school early and allocate 10 minutes to connect with someone in your own car or personal space. There are numerous small pockets of time that you can use to your advantage instead of waiting until the end of the day. I believe this is something that many Keepers are overlooking, so I wanted to emphasize its importance and share it.

When I embarked on this journey, the initial experience was quite dreadful as my job entails intense physical labor, leaving me exhausted and yearning for sleep instead of engaging in any other activities. Thus, I truly understand the challenges of leading a chaotic life. Surprisingly, even when attempting meditation, I would doze off. Clearly, meditation was not the solution for me. Therefore, I made the decision to explore various alternatives and establish a routine that not only suits me, but also aligns with my personal goals.

I haven't personally known anyone coming back as successful as @Adair Lasair Bán. That's why I was hoping she could share a few inspiring words with you. Moreover, make sure to stay tuned to the forum, as there are plenty of captivating topics you can discuss with your friends!

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

Hi! @SolsticeSnow

Yes, I was also absent from the paranormal for a good few years. I returned last year October. It can definitely be done! For me, I treated my return as if I was starting out for the first time. I had certainly changed in some ways as a person since being absent (as well as having lost my mother to dementia after being her carer) and I wanted a pair of fresh eyes to look at myself and my journey in the paranormal, so I essentially "started over" in my entire approach. This allowed me to find my own feet again bit by bit, while also rediscovering myself in the paranormal and my relationships with my companions. "Starting over" can be deeply satisfying and also exciting, because you are able to discover new layers & aspects you may well have brushed past or dismissed in your journey previously. You are allowing yourself to redefine who you are and what you want in the paranormal, which is something to feel motivated about for sure.

I would also say, do your best to dedicate time to invest in this journey, and follow your heart! You say your soul is calling you back, follow that call!

Wishing you all the best.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
SolsticeSnow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nephilim
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Solstice
Zodiac:

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:28 am Hi! @SolsticeSnow

Yes, I was also absent from the paranormal for a good few years. I returned last year October. It can definitely be done! For me, I treated my return as if I was starting out for the first time. I had certainly changed in some ways as a person since being absent (as well as having lost my mother to dementia after being her carer) and I wanted a pair of fresh eyes to look at myself and my journey in the paranormal, so I essentially "started over" in my entire approach. This allowed me to find my own feet again bit by bit, while also rediscovering myself in the paranormal and my relationships with my companions. "Starting over" can be deeply satisfying and also exciting, because you are able to discover new layers & aspects you may well have brushed past or dismissed in your journey previously. You are allowing yourself to redefine who you are and what you want in the paranormal, which is something to feel motivated about for sure.

I would also say, do your best to dedicate time to invest in this journey, and follow your heart! You say your soul is calling you back, follow that call!

Thanks for the advice! I felt a little strange being away from it for so long, I almost felt like I betrayed myself so I had to really accept that just like you said, we change and come back to it sometimes as different people. I'm sorry to hear about your mother, I kind of distanced myself around the time my mom got really sick on us. I feel like anything that's really stressful can sometimes pull me away. But I like the idea of "starting over" being exciting and a way to discover new layers to your relationships with your companions.

<3 I really appreciate the advice

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

SolsticeSnow wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:20 pm
Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:28 am Hi! @SolsticeSnow

Thanks for the advice! I felt a little strange being away from it for so long, I almost felt like I betrayed myself so I had to really accept that just like you said, we change and come back to it sometimes as different people. I'm sorry to hear about your mother, I kind of distanced myself around the time my mom got really sick on us. I feel like anything that's really stressful can sometimes pull me away. But I like the idea of "starting over" being exciting and a way to discover new layers to your relationships with your companions.

<3 I really appreciate the advice
Thank you SolsticeSnow, and I think you'll do just fine! Trust the process. <3

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Return to “Spirit Keeping”