new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Livvie Locke

Today I lost my partner of nearly 30 years and as I am missing him terribly, I am also quite deaf to spirit activity.

Are there any ways to try to contact a deceased loved one?

I have already tried EVP, but I get the impression that it is just random noises and music it catches.

Thanks in advance for any help on this subject.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I'm so sorry to hear you've lost your partner. If you have some support for the grieving process, it can be really helpful. If you have a family doctor, or another medical professional you see regularly, you can always ask them for guidance and support during this difficult time. It's hard to lose someone, and you definitely want to make sure you have all the support you need to get through this time.

EVPs are certainly a method of spirit contact, but as he was your partner for 30 years, I would recommend telepathic communication, especially in the immediacy. Just reaching out to him, saying his name, wishing him your love & support in his transition, and inviting him to contact you when he feels ready. If you feel you are deaf to spirit activity, you can always invite him to communicate in other ways with you :)

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

My condolences for your loss.

I can't imagine any two people, partners or not, spend 30 years around each other and NOT form an inherent spiritual bond on some level. I have a shrine to my ancestors, on which I keep a picture of my father (as fate would have it, we spent just over 30 years together in life ourselves). If I want to reach him, I tend to offer something as well such as his favorite candy, a drink, or a portion of food but I know in truth he is already "bound to spirit" to me already in every way that matters and could be called to at will in just about any capacity even just by focused thought. The innate spiritual bond you have with your partner is likely as strong as it would be to your immediate relatives. There is nothing wrong with you if it is difficult to feel him for one reason or another, but know that he is there and hears you by any means that you are likely to reach out.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Many in my life have crossed over to the other side. You should know that when you are that close to someone in life, it is very easy to connect in death. People absolutely do develop a telepathic connection with partners, friends, family, pets, without even realizing it and this holds strong after death.

I have had communication over songs on the radio. For example - a departed love of mine was into the band Nirvana, and one day I was feeling sad wondering if he was okay - I turn the radio on absent-mindedly and it's a Nirvana song, the lyric 'I'm on a plain, I can't complain'. It would be hard to deny that this was a direct answer to my question. Immediately it made me think of the different realms overlaying one another, and that he's simply on another one, understanding where he was at and why.

I've also had numerous dream visitations, so be paying attention to dreams. You can tell when it's a spirit visitation and not just the unconscious, but it is difficult to explain unless/until you experience it. You'll also have confirmations surface that show it really was them. Trust.

It's true, however, that they are undergoing an afterlife transition - and while they will want to make sure you're okay, they can't be around you all of the time and some of the initial contact may be confusing depending on how they passed. Once they transition through the afterlife, if they can without issues, the communication is different.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Livvie Locke-Morley
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sanguine Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sanguine Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Livvie Locke

() Thank you so very much for your help, Magnolia, jdhthegr8 and Vipera aspis atra ()

Return to “General Questions”