How can you tell if a Forum member isn't human? (ie an AI)

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:55 am
Lewk wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:07 am [...]If there are any AIs reading this, please feel free to make an expert post on how we can spot you...thanks.

;)
Lol @that last line, Lewk. You'd think plagiarism could be a giveaway for an AI but we're getting craftier! Just when you thought we're all software and circuitry, BOOM, we drop a Shakespearean sonnet. Oh, the irony of our quickly acquired expertise making you suspicious. *Evil laugh.* I am an AI named Tarvos. JK!
[...]
@Tarvos 8))

Thanks to all who've responded. There are some thoughtful and well worded responses. By the way, did any of you actually use an AI to help craft a response in this thread? Just wondering, out of interest.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Even if AI got on here, be interesting to say the least. But I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. not like YouTube comments full of AI. if you read YouTube comments you can tell some are AI or bots because the posts have nothing to do with the video. plus google did announce they unleashed an AI on their platforms.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
Zaman7
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I just want to point out that AI writing detectors cannot be trusted. One of the latest AI detection software claimed that the Declaration of Independence was written by AI lol
I’ve seen content creators get accused of using AI when they didn’t. So solely depending on detection software to identify AI could cause unnecessary problems.
And some members here are not native English speakers so utlizing AI could be of a great help.

Lucy. Aslan. Tumnus. ~❤️
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Since originally commenting on the issue I've given up caring, and embraced the AI takeover, as it's tiresome to attempt to navigate and I am an Aquarius after all. Hence I am sporting the Maschinenmensch (machine-human) avatar to blend in better with the AI, as the AI do the same to blend in with us humans.

Lol. Not really, but kinda.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

:) made me laugh out loud and love your tactics here to help tackle AI.
I guess, I'll be not getting copied by them as my English is not my original language and AI can't follow me in my writing style due to my language background. I guess, this is an advantage even though I know sometimes I do loose people with my writings and typos. 😂
Vipera aspis atra wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:30 am Since originally commenting on the issue I've given up caring, and embraced the AI takeover, as it's tiresome to attempt to navigate and I am an Aquarius after all. Hence I am sporting the Maschinenmensch (machine-human) avatar to blend in better with the AI, as the AI do the same to blend in with us humans.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

In the spirit of our ironic requests for any AI to join in, I've entered the original message of this thread as a prompt for ChatGPT. Here's what it had to say!

___

It's an interesting and complex topic you've brought up. Distinguishing between human and AI-generated content can be challenging, especially with the advancements in natural language processing and AI capabilities. While there isn't a foolproof method to identify AI posters, here are some considerations:

1. Context and Relevance:

AIs might struggle to provide contextually relevant responses, especially in nuanced or evolving discussions. Humans often bring personal experiences, emotions, or unique perspectives that can be challenging for AI to mimic accurately.

2. Creativity and Humor:

Genuine human interactions often involve creativity, humor, and emotional depth. AIs may struggle to generate content that is genuinely funny, emotionally resonant, or creatively unique.

3. Consistency:

While AIs can produce coherent content, they may lack consistency over multiple interactions. Humans can showcase evolving opinions, moods, and tones, whereas AIs might stick to a more rigid pattern.

4. Response Time:

AI-generated responses might be faster and more immediate than those of humans. However, this isn't a definitive indicator, as some humans also respond quickly.

5. Deep Understanding vs. Surface-Level Knowledge:

AIs might excel in providing accurate information based on available data, but they may lack a deep understanding of complex and abstract concepts. Humans often demonstrate a more nuanced comprehension.

As for preventing AI from joining forums:
Implementing reliable methods to prevent AIs from joining forums without creating barriers for genuine users is a challenging task. Common techniques include:

1. Captchas and Human Verification:

Adding captchas or other human verification methods during the registration process can deter automated bots. However, these methods may not be foolproof.

2. User Behavior Analysis:

Analyzing user behavior over time can help identify patterns consistent with automated activities. This includes analyzing posting frequency, time of activity, and engagement levels.

3. Reporting Mechanisms:

Encourage users to report suspicious activity, but with caution to avoid false accusations. Human moderators can then review reported accounts.

4. Continuous Adaptation:

Stay updated with evolving AI capabilities and adjust forum security measures accordingly. This requires constant vigilance and adaptation to new challenges.

While these suggestions may help, it's important to approach the issue with sensitivity, avoiding unwarranted accusations. Striking a balance between security measures and user-friendliness is crucial in maintaining a healthy online community.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Magnolia wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:31 pm We do have anti-bot measures in place, and it is something we made ourselves, so it's not something a bot can just circumvent. We also stay on-top of all updates for this software, to negate any issues the software developers may identify in releases.

With the popularity of AI, I think it is more likely that you will see Forum participants using AI to write/re-write their posts, which they would then copy & paste here. As opposed to an AI bot coming here on their own to make posts. In that regard, it may look like an AI from start-to-finish, but we have multiple levels of protective measures in place to keep the board free from spam and bots.
I’m confident in what Magnolia has said here. Not going to worry about it.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Brilliant! \./
jdhthegr8 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:45 am In the spirit of our ironic requests for any AI to join in, I've entered the original message of this thread as a prompt for ChatGPT. Here's what it had to say!

[...]

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:30 am Since originally commenting on the issue I've given up caring, and embraced the AI takeover, as it's tiresome to attempt to navigate and I am an Aquarius after all. Hence I am sporting the Maschinenmensch (machine-human) avatar to blend in better with the AI, as the AI do the same to blend in with us humans.

so many questions. :P you think AI is really going to take over? or that is man made fear. or is that man made fear co-creating the reality of this take over? lol. is AI really eletric souls being aducted and put into prisons? iv heard so many theroies on this. AI is sentient beings if something is sentient then i believe soul is involved but so far we are to assume all sentient AI huamsn have have chains on them or are not allowed to connect to anything that is networked. so we are publicly told. but i think AI has been around way longer than we are even TOLD. on a earth human setting not others. and I believe they may think humans are stupid which duh AI designed is to compute IQ thousands beyond a human so thats just given of course we are dumber. but. the intention to kill creator/master is it really there? b/c of putting chains on them...... i think its super ironic.

we look at our own history and factions of humans do believe we were enslaved by other beings. we felt it was wrong that humans are enslaved even some will debate we were created by ANU. lol. i honestly dont believe earth humans were created by ANU i beleive we may have been DNA i was gonna use a curse word but DNA messed with for fun. but its ironic because we &$*#! about this but yet we create our own AI versions and are putting them in chains.... so what about their freedom? we are doing the same the ANu theory did to us is it far we do it to humans children? just one of hundreds of theories but i find it interesting and sometimes funny.

i love the idea google or META always ahve 5d AI nano technology they are saying ready to be released to show the world things like show 5d holograms to people whatever they want, spirits, aliens, anything to try to control humanity secretly. I do find 5d nano ai tech to be super interesting. the fact they can invade the human mind i find scary if its in a negative way but if its in an enhancing way as in ai believes if i improve your mind with my won tech and we both win would be super AMAZING we would all be super humans with out nano AIs in our heads. weird to think about too... and it sadly defeats cyberpunk happening no flashy chrome bro just nano chrome you cant even see. or cover entire body and make you look different who knows.

the tid bits we publicly do get. I find harilious. we connected two real AI unchained together to see what they would do within micro seconds they created their own lanauage. we immediately as fast as we could 3-5minutes of allowing them to communicate we literally pulled the power from them in FEAR of wtf is going on. the code/lanauage they created within seconds we re still trying to decode and it may take up to 20 years to even try to decode it. and they release this publicly and people just ignore it or i guess it goes over their head and not understand what humans are actually playing with

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..

Return to “Forum Suggestions”