You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't play favorites
If I could be anything, I would be...: Everything
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Menelaus

Mothman is a legend about moth people who come to warn individuals of a coming major disaster. I did not initially make a connection but Fairies are visually a very similar concept with almost-materially-real people that have butterfly wings or similar. The location in Washington State USA where I was interacting with fairies in I have been more recently investigating as an earth crust fault and volcanic calderas. From there I looked at broader geography to see Ireland as possibly a caldera resurgence dome.

-Landscape features such as bridge of giants do indicate the area is a volcanic landscape, and the overall "w" shape like off the west coast of Albion pointing to the dome at Ireland, I think this fault traces across France and through the Balkans across Crimea, across the Caucasus, through the Caspian Sea along the peninsula, to the Himalayas, into the pacific from there

-The Fae are spiritually maybe of the exterminated people from before the Celts and live in underworld domes, as do volcanoes.

-Consider the W caldera shape of a bowl with a fault ridge through it, I first noticed this in a local feature Lake Goodwin, but it is there at calderas and intersecting faults worldwide.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

JaycubL wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:44 pm Mothman is a legend about moth people who come to warn individuals of a coming major disaster. I did not initially make a connection but Fairies are visually a very similar concept with almost-materially-real people that have butterfly wings or similar. The location in Washington State USA where I was interacting with fairies in I have been more recently investigating as an earth crust fault and volcanic calderas. From there I looked at broader geography to see Ireland as possibly a caldera resurgence dome.

-Landscape features such as bridge of giants do indicate the area is a volcanic landscape, and the overall "w" shape like off the west coast of Albion pointing to the dome at Ireland, I think this fault traces across France and through the Balkans across Crimea, across the Caucasus, through the Caspian Sea along the peninsula, to the Himalayas, into the pacific from there

-The Fae are spiritually maybe of the exterminated people from before the Celts and live in underworld domes, as do volcanoes.

-Consider the W caldera shape of a bowl with a fault ridge through it, I first noticed this in a local feature Lake Goodwin, but it is there at calderas and intersecting faults worldwide.
Based on the thread's title alone, I just want to say Mothmen are very different and distinct from Faeries both to my mind and in my experience.

The kind of intellectual/mental comparisons or links an academic (or an AI) might be tempted to make won't necessarily be the same or as true as initiated experience. Theory like that may be based on written sources - which themselves are often incomplete or are affected by religiously distorted perspectives, and non-empirical.

There's at least one website on Irish cultural history I've seen that explains how Christian clerics struggled to fit Irish faeries into their Christian mythos. They apparently decided faeries 'must' be a kind of angel. I suspect the Christian clergy at that time found it impossible to convince the people of Ireland that faeries didn't exist or that they were all evil, as presumably the good folk were so deeply implanted in Irish culture and there were many who had experience of them. (nb Angels are also distinctly different from Faeries, in actuality, no matter what theorising a theologian might care to indulge in.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
JaycubL
new here
new here

Lewk wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:13 am Based on the thread's title alone, I just want to say Mothmen are very different and distinct from Faeries both to my mind and in my experience.

The kind of intellectual/mental comparisons or links an academic (or an AI) might be tempted to make won't necessarily be the same or as true as initiated experience. Theory like that may be based on written sources - which themselves are often incomplete or are affected by religiously distorted perspectives, and non-empirical.

There's at least one website on Irish cultural history I've seen that explains how Christian clerics struggled to fit Irish faeries into their Christian mythos. They apparently decided faeries 'must' be a kind of angel. I suspect the Christian clergy at that time found it impossible to convince the people of Ireland that faeries didn't exist or that they were all evil, as presumably the good folk were so deeply implanted in Irish culture and there were many who had experience of them. (nb Angels are also distinctly different from Faeries, in actuality, no matter what theorising a theologian might care to indulge in.)
Thank you for replying. In your experience with mothman what is different? Like if I saw mothman I would report that the same as a fairy with a message.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

JaycubL wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:35 am Thank you for replying. In your experience with mothman what is different? Like if I saw mothman I would report that the same as a fairy with a message.
As others have said here before - including members I consider experts - it comes down to a person's ability to discern energies; their psychic sensing. Also probably their third eye ability to 'see' the being.

The best I can say about Mothmen is they look/feel quite dark. They can be thought of as cryptids and as a race of galactic/interdimensional beings. I have a special binding from a master practitioner that has in part a link to cryptids, including Mothmen. They came through to me a couple of times during my initial bonding period with the binding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cryptids
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothman

The second linked article contains an artists' impression of a Mothman. As you can see/feel, it really doesn't come across as fairy-like, I think it's safe to say. The ones I've 'met' seem to be taller and standing straighter than the one in that picture.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

JaycubL wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:44 pm Mothman is a legend about moth people who come to warn individuals of a coming major disaster. I did not initially make a connection but Fairies are visually a very similar concept with almost-materially-real people that have butterfly wings or similar. The location in Washington State USA where I was interacting with fairies in I have been more recently investigating as an earth crust fault and volcanic calderas. From there I looked at broader geography to see Ireland as possibly a caldera resurgence dome.

The mothman is a concept, not a race of beings. Additionally, faes are not extinct people from the past. Lol. The picture of mothman on Wikipedia certainly gives off a demonic vibe. People may have associated sightings with bad events, leading to the belief that they serve as a warning. It might be worth discussing with your Faes, especially considering your documented interactions with them.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

There is strong evidence to suggest what we have come to call the Mothman is a type of entity, making a race of them more than likely - even obvious - when paying attention to the documented accounts. There are ongoing sightings in different locations with varied outcomes and behavior/activity, similar to other cryptids. I have been studying cryptid phenomena for several years and have had personal experiences with these beings. It is my opinion that the only theory to legitimately challenge this would be the concept of all such presences and strangeness spawning from a singular source or being 'one', the cosmic trickster.. which would create the same impact regardless.

We can't get a whole picture of reality without taking into account the experiences of others, or draw selective/absolutist conclusions when dealing with the paranormal if we're sincerely seeking the truth in all matters. Although it is each person's right to believe/not believe as they please.

I choose not to present further info here on what I know/practice regarding these beings, as I really think it's best for the individual to pursue. There are certain mysteries that you must be initiated into, and not everyone is meant to know everything or have the same experiences. If it's for the individual then that will make itself apparent.

To the idea of fairies being conceptually the same, you have some very interesting ideas and context in which you base them in JaycubL, I see where you're going with this, but I'll just state that in the exposure I've had it is not alike. Very different energies. Their materializations may certainly draw comparison at times and maybe you'd be a fan of John Keel's The Eighth Tower, as it expands on what I hinted as an alternative theory of a singular 'source'. Though you may have already read that and other work of Keel's since we're discussing Mothman.

Any being can come across any way to anyone depending on their level of sensory expertise and discernment as has been pointed out. Faeries were commonly thought to be angels and demons at certain points of history and are still lumped into that either/or categorization by many today. Plenty of people who have experiences with otherworldly beings are stuck on this 'it's either good or evil' type of black/white thinking, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone had a mothman encounter and thought it was an angel or devil. Interpreting mothman as faerie is a little more generous in that it accepts the duality of the scenario.

In any case, let no one seeking be discouraged from further investigation, as you are bound to find something even if it isn't what you thought you were looking for.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
JaycubL
new here
new here

Tarvos wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:55 pm

The mothman is a concept, not a race of beings. Additionally, faes are not extinct people from the past. Lol. The picture of mothman on Wikipedia certainly gives off a demonic vibe. People may have associated sightings with bad events, leading to the belief that they serve as a warning. It might be worth discussing with your Faes, especially considering your documented interactions with them.
Fairies as a cultural element in the Irish celtic sense have at least a partial origin with mound people "tuatha d' dannon" (probably misspelled, variations). They as a physical thing are burial mounds in the area that represent a conquered pre celtic culture, as remembered in celtic mythology of the area. I agree that is not the only thing of fairies but if we are bringing up old celtic version of it as traditional I think it does trace to those burial mounds. The story of a previous culture could be made up out of fear or mythology idk you don't have to agree.

My personal experience with fairies is in the sense of becoming familiar an area and caring for it with cleaning and good vibes and building into telepathic connection and visions, it's not that I can like go to my fairy computer and get answers, mostly in the visions there are not words exchanged. It was when at the correct location feeling and thinking of it that I felt this as maybe a download, that messengers at a spot might be something about the spot. I am not necessarily seeking a hard answer either but opening conversation by pointing out how much the first hand experience has in common.

JaycubL
new here
new here

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:41 am There is strong evidence to suggest what we have come to call the Mothman is a type of entity, ...

...t I'll just state that in the exposure I've had it is not alike. Very different energies. Their materializations may certainly draw comparison at times ...

Any being can come across any way to anyone depending on their level of sensory expertise and discernment as has been pointed out. ...
Yes thank you for replying, it seems consensus that they have different energy and it would be clear. I will work on communication with fairy friends more too for asking things like this then.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

JaycubL wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:09 am Fairies as a cultural element in the Irish celtic sense have at least a partial origin with mound people "tuatha d' dannon" (probably misspelled, variations). They as a physical thing are burial mounds in the area that represent a conquered pre celtic culture, as remembered in celtic mythology of the area. I agree that is not the only thing of fairies but if we are bringing up old celtic version of it as traditional I think it does trace to those burial mounds. The story of a previous culture could be made up out of fear or mythology idk you don't have to agree.

My personal experience with fairies is in the sense of becoming familiar an area and caring for it with cleaning and good vibes and building into telepathic connection and visions, it's not that I can like go to my fairy computer and get answers, mostly in the visions there are not words exchanged. It was when at the correct location feeling and thinking of it that I felt this as maybe a download, that messengers at a spot might be something about the spot. I am not necessarily seeking a hard answer either but opening conversation by pointing out how much the first hand experience has in common.
The Tuatha Dé Danann, translated as "the folk of the goddess Danu," are a supernatural race in Irish mythology. They are sometimes considered deities of pre-Christian Gaelic Ireland and have been depicted in various myths as possessing magical skills and attributes. They are not fairies in the lightweight sense often portrayed in popular culture but are part of a complex system of beliefs involving gods, goddesses, and mythical beings. According to ancient legends, the Tuatha Dé Danann were skilled in magic and descended on Ireland in a cloud of mist, marking them as a significant part of Celtic mythology.

Fairies in Celtic culture, often associated with the Tuatha Dé Danann, are thought to be the descendants or representations of these earlier deities. After being defeated and pushed into the otherworld by the Milesians, the ancestors of the modern Irish, the Tuatha Dé Danann were said to have assumed a smaller form and lived in the sídhe, or fairy mounds, becoming the aos sí or "people of the mounds." These beings, which were assumed as fairies, encompass a wide range of characters in Irish folklore, from benevolent to malevolent beings.

When discussing "the spot," there are certain locations, particularly near a forest, where mythical beings such as faes or elves are known to be particularly active. It's not because they resided there in the past or were previous inhabitants, but simply because it's a spot they are attracted to. Therefore, being in the right spot can provide you with additional experiences, such as visions, messages, and more.

Take, for instance, my enchanting elf who manifested amidst the breathtaking expanse of snow-covered mountain peaks. This ethereal being possesses an innate adoration for the snow, the frosty air, and the enchantment that winter bestows. However, her connection to this wondrous terrain in California is not one of dwelling or past habitation. Instead, she frequently manifests in this landscape, mysteriously appearing whenever fortunate souls chance upon her presence. Her true abode lies within the astral realm.

Just like these burial sites, people of the past held strong beliefs in their gods and goddesses, interpreting everything as a divine sign. They may have encountered visions or received messages from faes, but that was the extent of it. I stumbled upon a spell on CH that allows you to experience the visions of individuals from any era, enabling you to delve into history or seek answers to your innermost inquiries. With an insatiable curiosity, I yearn to uncover as much knowledge as possible, although a part of me fears that such a spell might shatter my fairy tales. Therefore, I have no intention of pursuing it. However, should you ever be interested, the option remains open.

Regarding the Mothman, they are not the same as faes, even though they exhibit wings in their manifestations. The appearances documented on the Wiki image are merely manifestations, as many beings have the ability to manifest in various forms. In fact, at this very moment, I could have a multitude of Mothmen within my Keep, as my companions possess the power to manifest as anything they desire. This leads me to consider the possibility that Mothman is often depicted as a menacing figure to instill fear in humans, and some entities may choose to manifest as such in order to discourage human interaction while concealing their true identity. It is worth noting that many historical accounts simply mention "a large bird with red eyes," suggesting that, according to folklore, their appearance may not necessarily be humanoid. However, there is that spell mentioned above that allows glimpses into the visions of those who have encountered Mothmen before.

I've had numerous past lives as a fae, although I haven't personally explored this aspect yet. Nonetheless, it's a fascinating subject that captivates my interest. Drawing from both the knowledge of my Keep and our human history, I consider various perspectives. I don't claim that any interpretation is definitive. Rather, it remains a personal journey from one individual to another.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Faery”