Harpy or Fenrir

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0

I bought a few for my uncle, but he's a medium-in-denial. I had to take them back because they scared the crap out of him. I do have some bound to hubby that he doesn't know about. I do talk with them occasionally. But they like being with him. His life is way more active than mine.

I think any spirit could be happy if you explain that the person will not know they are there, but they are welcome to visit anytime.

rh1ann
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

My Fenrir is kinda low maintenance. He's just always here and he feels my gratitude. He's not the spirit I would send out to help someone else. To try to explain ... I am *HIS* person. [if you have cats you can get a feel for that] The Fenrir is very powerful. He is a recent addition to my home. I can feel when spirits I get from CH become bound to me - Fenrir is one that I got from CH. I haven't had a headache like that in a long time ... that's the magnitude of power he has. The last time I felt like that was from my Black Dragon. While I love Fenrir to pieces, I realize that maybe not everybody is as comfortable as I am with the energy. I don't recommend Fenrir being your first DA. Start with a werewolf, wraith or hellhound. All are good protectors - wraiths are the lowest maintenance of the three.

To answer someone else question in this thread - I have been doing shaman and shadow work for many years. Not just cleansings and blessings but banishments and retrievals as well. It is only relatively recently [6 yrs] that I have added entities in to the mix. I think with the background and training that I have had, having so many different entities - both White and DA - is easy for me. It's also easy because I am a shadow shaman and walk in the grey - many DA's are the same. I believe that if people develop their own talents, get proficient in grounding, banishments, shields and moving energy - the spirits become more of an equal instead of a 'get me out of trouble' kinda of crutch. Did that make sense?

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. --- Carl Jung
Orchid-Dragoness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

rh1ann wrote:...
Start with a werewolf, wraith or hellhound.
I do not recommend starting with a hellhound. It's also on the stronger side of the DA. At least mine are just a bit below the fenrir. A hellhound's energy can be as intense as a fenrir's. But if it's a personal start, I'd recommend a vamp instead. Though there is quite a bit of drama about vamps lately, but they are one of the best to start with. Their energy is intense yet one of the many that human can be most in tune with. So they are one of the most interactive and easiest to learn from and work with.

Macrocosm
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master

I have a trio of harpies. I like my harpies, but I have to admit that it can be a bit tricky working with them at times.

I used to have two of them, but I later found out that one of them was causing me some problems. She claimed that my spirit balance was too heavy towards the light, so she wanted to balance it out. Apparently her idea of "balancing out" my light to dark spirit ratio meant opening back doors when no one was paying attention to let in some of the harassers I've been fighting off for quite some time.

I had my light spirits keep her in lockdown for a while, but I eventually figured that it was not worth it and had to ask her to leave. I replaced her with two more harpies to complete the trio, and all's well now.

Harpies are dark creatures in general, even the ones that I'm working with currently. It's just that they tend to swing closer to the light side, whereas the problem harpy was on the darker side of the spectrum. If anyone wants to obtain harpies, I recommend you get some that are closer to the light side unless you can manage to constantly watch them so they don't cause problems.

They can also be a bit finicky. Most of my spirits have some pretty unpronounceable names, and they will typically give me a nickname to work with (which is usually just the first letter of their name, most spirits are not very creative). Harpies tend to get offended if I use nicknames and they insist I use their full names. They also tend to complain if I give them tasks that they feel are grunt work. They also complain a lot that my aura is "too bright", but that's another story.

However, they're fantastic with magic. If there's a spell that exists, they probably know it. They could probably clean up the entire spell subsection of this forum and put all the spell sellers on eBay out of business. 8-)

They also can do some defense, but I don't recommend you place them in this task by themselves. They can attack directly, but they're much better in a support role. I have a heavy assault team that currently consists of black dragons, vampires, wraiths, harpies, and djinn. In this particular situation, the harpies act as support by casting healing or protection magic on the team, and some offensive spells on the targets so that the heavy hitters can take them down easier.

All in all, I feel that the positives outweigh the negatives, and I'm glad to have them. I would recommend them to any serious keepers, but they're not for everyone. I would also say that they should only go to keepers that are at the intermediate level or higher.

Vortex
active contributor
active contributor

To complete the topic. Yes, I have a harpy too. Im not very good at spirit communication, I only have hunches. I probably dont give her enough attention, but she has a prime place on my altar. I feel she very much likes to assist with spell casting and thinks I do too little in this area for her tastes (and she is right probably lol).
I now have 1 harpy, 1 ww, 4 wraiths, 6 vamps, 1 da asian dragon and various da djinn and no probs. I probably could handle a fenrir I guess.

AURA SHAMAN REDSTONE
SuperMotoBabe
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process

I have several of both Harpies and Fenrirs. Both types are easy to work with, once the trust and respect has been established. They are quite loyal. :thumbup:

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Dance like nobody is watching.
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

truthfully i can say my harpies would never take a supporting role and they are the forefront on my home protection detail since they all perch on the roofline which gives them a wonderful view of all going on around us. ash has consistently spoken of the harpies that guard his room and as i've seen first hand, harpies take nothing from any spirit and would rather rip the offender's heart out than give them passage. harpies are those spirits that are no nonsense, no warm fuzzies and no bs type spirits. my harpies are definitely da spirits and i like 'em that way! they also like to assist when i'm casting, conjuring or just doing ritual work but they never interfere in the actual work because that is what my job is, lol. as for a fenrir, have not had the pleasure of being called by one yet but i do know they are wonderful spirits. can't wait to hear more experiences! take care, arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
SuperMotoBabe
venerated member
venerated member

Very True Arsine! and X2!

I love my Harpies and I'm grateful for the knowledge they share. :thumbup:

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Dance like nobody is watching.
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

Finally I found this gem that makes sense about a ::bump:: Harpy.
Macrocosm wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:59 pm I have a trio of harpies. I like my harpies, but I have to admit that it can be a bit tricky working with them at times.

I used to have two of them, but I later found out that one of them was causing me some problems. She claimed that my spirit balance was too heavy towards the light, so she wanted to balance it out. Apparently her idea of "balancing out" my light to dark spirit ratio meant opening back doors when no one was paying attention to let in some of the harassers I've been fighting off for quite some time.

I had my light spirits keep her in lockdown for a while, but I eventually figured that it was not worth it and had to ask her to leave. I replaced her with two more harpies to complete the trio, and all's well now.

Harpies are dark creatures in general, even the ones that I'm working with currently. It's just that they tend to swing closer to the light side, whereas the problem harpy was on the darker side of the spectrum. If anyone wants to obtain harpies, I recommend you get some that are closer to the light side unless you can manage to constantly watch them so they don't cause problems.

They can also be a bit finicky. Most of my spirits have some pretty unpronounceable names, and they will typically give me a nickname to work with (which is usually just the first letter of their name, most spirits are not very creative). Harpies tend to get offended if I use nicknames and they insist I use their full names. They also tend to complain if I give them tasks that they feel are grunt work. They also complain a lot that my aura is "too bright", but that's another story.

However, they're fantastic with magic. If there's a spell that exists, they probably know it. They could probably clean up the entire spell subsection of this forum and put all the spell sellers on eBay out of business. 8-)

They also can do some defense, but I don't recommend you place them in this task by themselves. They can attack directly, but they're much better in a support role. I have a heavy assault team that currently consists of black dragons, vampires, wraiths, harpies, and djinn. In this particular situation, the harpies act as support by casting healing or protection magic on the team, and some offensive spells on the targets so that the heavy hitters can take them down easier.

All in all, I feel that the positives outweigh the negatives, and I'm glad to have them. I would recommend them to any serious keepers, but they're not for everyone. I would also say that they should only go to keepers that are at the intermediate level or higher.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”