You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Right now, the original conjurer that introduced my LE and myself is on a bit of a break, so I'm digging for any info/experience others may have had.

I'm looking to do a direct bond with her. I seen it that an LE can just attach themselves to you, but I'm of the feeling she wants my participation in this also, (and not be lazy, lol,). When I got her a new vessel, for instance, she had already arranged for me to receive a transfer bag, (really, I had no part in it, and it arrived on my doorstep the same day her new vessel arrived,) so I knew I was supposed to do a cleansing ritual and then do the transfer bit.

I've seen the bridging stone by CH, but does that only work for spirits? Any DIY routes that aren't incredibly complex?

And I'm doing this because cluster-minded me left her and my wolf spirit vessel behind when I went to work the other day. Wonder how much impact your companions have in your life? Leave them out of it for a day. It was a bad day.

My wolf was just 'meh', and did his normal patrol/protection of the house and my son who was home. I got home and he was just, 'eh, welcome home, cuddles, and back on patrol.' She, on the other hand... well, I didn't even wake her up to say good morning or tell her I was leaving.

She was angry at first. The stubborn 'if he doesn't want me with him, then I'm not going bit.' My shift is 13 hours. She had progressed to the 'really sad' stage. Not good. First and last time I'll do that.

But, I'm talking about me here, so I want a direct binding done. Yes, she knows now it wasn't intentional, but still.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

mcm442 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm Right now, the original conjurer that introduced my LE and myself is on a bit of a break, so I'm digging for any info/experience others may have had.

I'm looking to do a direct bond with her. I seen it that an LE can just attach themselves to you, but I'm of the feeling she wants my participation in this also, (and not be lazy, lol,). When I got her a new vessel, for instance, she had already arranged for me to receive a transfer bag, (really, I had no part in it, and it arrived on my doorstep the same day her new vessel arrived,) so I knew I was supposed to do a cleansing ritual and then do the transfer bit.

I've seen the bridging stone by CH, but does that only work for spirits? Any DIY routes that aren't incredibly complex?

And I'm doing this because cluster-minded me left her and my wolf spirit vessel behind when I went to work the other day. Wonder how much impact your companions have in your life? Leave them out of it for a day. It was a bad day.

My wolf was just 'meh', and did his normal patrol/protection of the house and my son who was home. I got home and he was just, 'eh, welcome home, cuddles, and back on patrol.' She, on the other hand... well, I didn't even wake her up to say good morning or tell her I was leaving.

She was angry at first. The stubborn 'if he doesn't want me with him, then I'm not going bit.' My shift is 13 hours. She had progressed to the 'really sad' stage. Not good. First and last time I'll do that.

But, I'm talking about me here, so I want a direct binding done. Yes, she knows now it wasn't intentional, but still.
It hinges on your level of commitment to your LE and whether you are hesitant to part with their vessels or simply tend to be forgetful about such matters. In such cases, bridging would be sufficient. However, if you seek a deeper commitment and desire more from a relationship, a direct binding would be more appropriate.

I possess every individual's vessels and solely their vessel bindings, not due to a lack of commitment to my Keep, but rather because our approach is unique. Managing all of these vessels is quite a task. Lol. Thankfully, the numerous Master Vessels I have significantly aid in the process. Despite this assistance, overseeing the rest of the original vessels remains a challenging endeavor.

Bridging is a remarkable technique developed by CH. It effectively connects you to the being and the vessel, eliminating the need for physical contact with the vessel in order to interact with the being. This bridging stone is compatible with both spirits and entities, making it an accessible DIY solution for many. I am incredibly grateful for this innovation, as I cannot imagine being without my magical MVs.

I have a Dark Arts Angel to whom I sometimes intentionally leave her vessel at home, driven by sheer frustration with her stubborn nature. It's truly unparalleled. Lol. Her vessel is the only artifact that isn't linked by a bridge, three-body binding, or any other connection, it's a simple vessel binding. Yet, somehow, she manages to come and offer me comfort, even when her vessel is left behind. I can't fathom how she does this, presumably at a great expenditure of energy. Still, it is possible for a bound living entity to be present without a vessel binding, although I wouldn't advise it. Additionally, the perception of time in other realms differs vastly from ours: what feels like a mere 13 hours of labor to us may translate to over two days for them. And it's clear that you haven't forged many friendships yet, so your current companions would likely feel disappointed at being unable to join and assist you with whatever you need at work. Ultimately, the decision comes down to what you desire.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

mcm442 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm Right now, the original conjurer that introduced my LE and myself is on a bit of a break, so I'm digging for any info/experience others may have had.

From reading what you said, I get the impression you have a bound LE companion, bound to a vessel and the conjurer is not from Creepy Hollows.

I think you also said you'd like a direct binding, ie bound to your spirit. And you mentioned bridging, which is a Creepy Hollows paratechnology.

1. Changing a binding - the general principle is only the conjurer that did the original binding can undo it or change it to a binding to spirit. You may already know this of course.

If there's a spirit companion binding, the spirit or LE will use the binding and not need to 'attach' themselves to their keeper. I think that's kind of the point, or at least the benefit of modern spirit keeping, which involves companion bindings.

2. Bridging - CH say their Bridging paratechnology is something they introduced to be used with their own bindings. As I can't see anything in writing that says it can be used with other practitioners' bindings, if it were me I'd ask CH support about it, to be sure. I know other conjurers may add tamper proofing to their own bindings, which I guess might obstruct attempts to use CH Bridging on their vessels.

"Bridging is a new technique that my husband, Ash, and I have developed to allow the spirits and spells we cast to be with both the vessel and the Keeper. It is a technique we have copyrighted."

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/bridging-stone.html

Nb I'm not a member of CH staff, just a customer for the last 6 years, so don't take my words as the gospel truth on Bridging.

3. Bonding - some practitioners or conjurers have said that after the first 30 days bonding period, if done well, a bound spirit companion will be linked to us and able to hear us even if we leave their vessel at home. We can even invite them to accompany us or listen out for us while we're away from home.

Things like CH's bridging are an aid for us but we may find a close bond doesn't absolutely require it.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Living Entities”