sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Have you ever THOUGHT you've seen a word out of the corner of your eye, only to look more closely at the page/screen and realize it was a different word altogether?

Multiple times in the past two days, I've had that happen with the word Morrighan. I finally took the hint today and realized that there might be something more to this than mere accidents.

So... as I look up the lore surrounding her, I am also interested in hearing people's personal experiences in working with her. I am willing to do my homework, too, but the experiences that people have from working directly with her are not going to be found in any reference book.

If she is sending me a message, I must admit that curiosity is among my reactions. I am interested in knowing what might it be that I bring to the table that would make this a worthwhile endeavor on her part. Perhaps learning more about her will enlighten me on that score, as well as give me a clearer idea of what I should be doing from here on out.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
jdreader01
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Basilisk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Liath Dominus
Zodiac:

Shes a fantastic deity to work with... Ive been her disciple for two years. What would you like to know?

I can show you the path, but you have to walk it for yourself.
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Anything that you can think of that you'd share if you were trying to explain her: her disposition, what she expects of the people who work with her, etc.

I am still a Christian, which means I have that little commandment of Thou shalt not have any other gods before me to work with. But that doesn't mean I can't talk with or learn from immortals -- I just can't make them my go-to deity.

If she is still willing to work with a person who is operating within those boundaries, which I suspect is the case if I keep "seeing" her name in places where it isn't, then there must be a reason behind it.

So, what does she expect of the people who are working with her? What does she promise in return? What is the belief system that surrounds her? Are there resources I should be checking for additional information about her?

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
jdreader01
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

She is a fantastic deity... Most know her as a War or Death goddess, and she does fill both of those roles admirably, but neither truly contains her. She is a goddess of rebirth... death... fertility... war... the earth... the water... the sky... She is Dark, and a harsh, fierce mother, but a mother nonetheless. She is more likely to tell you to grow a pair than to cuddle you and tell you it will be alright. She expects those who work with her to stand on their own, and to be independent, but to answer when she calls. She expects them to acknowledge her authority, and her sovereignty, but to not bow down and kowtow either. She will lend her strength to those who need it, and her guidance, and her power. She is no pushover, and she doesnt hand her gifts out, but when they are earned, they are not withdrawn. As for belief system... other than the belief system of the Celts, not really, she doesn't have her own cult. Or, didn't. In modern times, she has become quite prominent. I would recommend reading Stephanie Woodfield's Celtic Lore and Spellcraft of the Dark Goddess, as well as Christopher Penczak's Feast of the Morrighan. Any other questions? I'll be happy to answer them.

Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Thanks for the info -- I definitely am going to do my homework here. Starting with looking for those books and reading in more depth.

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

jdreader01
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

No problem, and Happy Thanksgiving to you!

cnz
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 39
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Spriggan
If I could be anything, I would be...: A fae
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Enesidaone
Zodiac:

Likes 2 Read,
I will highly recommend you to read “The Guises of the Morrigan-The Irish Goddess of Sex and Battle Her Myths, Powers and Mysteries” By Sorita d’Este & David Rankine”

It is a fantastic read and you can read it free using Kindle Unlimited in Amazon. Here is a copy paste from the description page:

“The Morrígan is the pre-eminent and most powerful of the Celtic Goddesses. She is a Goddess of sex and battle, the Irish Bestower of Sovereignty, and it is she who shapes the land and rules the fairy as Queen. Her raw power manifests through the Irish myths and legends, a prophetess and shapeshifter who uses her potent magic to shapeshift, assuming the forms of numerous wild animals and delivering victory to her chosen heroes.

Her manifold roles, titles and guises weave a rich and colourful tapestry showing the continued dominion of the Morrigan in mythology, folklore and literature. She was the tutelary goddess to the ill-fated hero Cu Chulainn, she was the Fairy Queen and the Washer at the Ford.  She was also the wise crone the Cailleach, and the battle crow Badb, the frenzied Nemain and Warrior Queen Macha.

Her roles and guises which are brought together for the first time in this carefully researched volume, the work of many years of study, demonstrate clearly the significant status that she held in the ancient Celtic world and continues to enjoy today.”

“Note from the authors (2005): The Morrígan is probably the most powerful figure amongst the Celtic gods. The popular image of the Morrígan is as the goddess of battle and sex, a perception that only scratches the surface of this complex and manifold goddess. From bestower of sovereignty to earth goddess, from mistress of the animals to faery queen, the Morrígan stands out as the preeminent Celtic goddess, and it is our hope that this book will restore a clearer perception of her awesome scope to all those people interested in the Celtic world. “

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

Just found this Tarot deck for those devotees of The Morrigan in your life (you yourself count ;) ):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1572819618/re ... UTF8&psc=1

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

This thread might be old, but does anyone have any additional general information on Morrighan? She appeared during a reading, which piqued my curiosity. I don't hold any expectations regarding immortals versus their myths, yet she seems approachable, and down to earth.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:30 am Have you ever THOUGHT you've seen a word out of the corner of your eye, only to look more closely at the page/screen and realize it was a different word altogether?

Multiple times in the past two days, I've had that happen with the word Morrighan. I finally took the hint today and realized that there might be something more to this than mere accidents.

So... as I look up the lore surrounding her, I am also interested in hearing people's personal experiences in working with her. I am willing to do my homework, too, but the experiences that people have from working directly with her are not going to be found in any reference book.

If she is sending me a message, I must admit that curiosity is among my reactions. I am interested in knowing what might it be that I bring to the table that would make this a worthwhile endeavor on her part. Perhaps learning more about her will enlighten me on that score, as well as give me a clearer idea of what I should be doing from here on out.
Interesting experience. Don't have experience with this immortal. But iv had different immortals literally but their name in my brain like Apollo. Juno. Santa murette. And others. How I get my hint I guess or they will show up on screen like film or a reference. Iv had words change but not a name. Very interesting.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..

Return to “Immortals”