new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: I don't know yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: I don't know yet
My magical/paranormal name...: ?

Q1: in bridging, do the spirits have to be bound to my spirit?

Q2: in spirit keeping, if I ever feel like, can I not be a spirit keeper anymore? Thanks for answering.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Spirit companion wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:58 am Q1: in bridging, do the spirits have to be bound to my spirit?

Q2: in spirit keeping, if I ever feel like, can I not be a spirit keeper anymore? Thanks for answering.
1. If a spirit is bound to a Keeper's spirit, bridging is unnecessary. Bridging is a CH method to create a bridge between either a spell or spirit vessel and its owner/Keeper.

2. The most important thing is to not go into spirit keeping unless you're genuinely ready for it. 'Keeping' a spirit companion is a responsibility to be taken seriously. It is okay to not be a spirit keeper.

If you're unsure if it's for you, I would recommend reading all the Creepy Hollows articles about Spirit Keeping in the Shop resource centre and the Encyclopedia. Then reflect/ponder as long as it takes to make up your mind one way or the other.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/resource-center.html
https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?action=show&cat=15

"Being a Spirit Keeper means you live within the Spirit Keeping principles:

1. Responsibility
2. Respect
3. Communication
4. Honor

Responsibility- you take responsibility for ensuring you can provide a safe environment for your spirits. Which includes, if you have Dark Arts spirits, you keep solid House Rules.

Respect- you respect the varying beliefs, thoughts, and contributions of the spirits you keep, and don't admonish them with judgment, and criticism.

Communication- you make every, good faith, effort to communicate with your spirits. Even if you can't see, or hear them yet, they can still see, hear, feel, and know what you are doing.

Honor- you keep an open mind, you be considerate of their requests, and you treat them as you would any good friend."

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... onsibility

From time to time someone who has obtained conjured and bound spirit companions has asked for them to be taken back/unbound. This is definitely a last resort and to be avoided, not least because our companions come to us in good faith to support us and be with us for life, but it is technically possible. However only the person who created the binding can undo it, as a general rule.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
StarofHope
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: I cant choose.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hope
Zodiac:

@Lewk covered it very well I think. If there comes a day when you don't want to be a keeper anymore, you can't just ignore them and pretend like they are gone. There are services that take in spirits to rehome them If they for some reason can't stay. CH has such a service. It's good to be prepared and know where to turn to If a day like that would arrive.
If you itend to keep dark arts it's really good to think about what kind of rules you want for your keep. Any kind of spirit could benefit from rules so they are aware of what you expect, but especially for dark arts.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”