.・。.・゜✭・.・゜・。. OPINIONS ON DJINN AND EXPRESSING GRATITUDE

Resources and links to information on djinn.
chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
Since I’ve started spirit keeping in 2019, I’ve had an ongoing dilemma with the way I should interact and with my djinn, and understanding the nature of the dynamic between djinn and keeper.
I am very expressive when it comes to gratitude. Like— swelling with tears, hands on my heart, “is she ..okay?” gratitude. Lol
I take into consideration that the because the djinn were custom conjured to me, they understand and can work with my energy, but I get worried about causing misunderstanding of dynamic with respect. I am very vocal about God/The almighty coming first when it comes to willing ANYTHING, and then give my due gratitude to the abilities of and the being itself that I’m working with, but never as far as it coming off as worship if that makes sense? The Almighty comes first for me. I always thank them (all of my guides as a whole), verbalize that I’m grateful for them, say things like I’m grateful that god granted me the ability to have them.. but when it comes to my djinn, I’ve literally held off on most of my interactions for years because I feel like that’s the wrong approach? May turn them away or cause disrespect to their role? It’s really because of the passages from the CH encyclopedia that stuck with me.

“What Treats do Djinn Like?

Djinn do not typically like food to be left. They are traditional and aware of the separation in servant to master and to them it is an honor rather than a hindrance. If you want to show your appreciation you can partake in a djinn ritual or spend extra time with them in conversation.”

“What Treats do Astral Djinn Like?

At no time should you make any gesture of generosity to astral djinn. They view kindness as weakness and are likely to challenge your authority.”

Do they feed off the energy of your success? And your positive energy in general? Right?
Like if I did a traditional dance ritual, which produces lots of energy, (from the music, the energy from the body movements, the flame from the candles, etc) to show appreciation or in honor of them, would they like that?

Or is it that the granting of your wish alone benefits them as well? With what I said about feeding off energy of success and such.

I always like to give back and honor everyone in my keep in one way or another, dual benefit is important to me, and I’d like to understand how it is Djinn like to receive, or how they benefit, to respect them and the relationship.

How do you guys approach your relationship with your djinn? How do you express your satisfaction and happiness with them without causing adverse reactions?
Does anyone even worry about this? Lol

Thank you <3

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

I do not have an Astral djinn, so I cannot comment on them specifically.

What I can say, however, is that my Cleopatra/Marid djinn do prefer other things to food. An occasional drink is welcome but they far more often prefer having beautiful things shared with them; note I say beautiful, not necessarily expensive. A very shiny and flawless penny is just about as good to mine as any piece of gold would be.

As far as wish-granting and empowerment is concerned, what I've been relayed by my keep is that they view it as a "status symbol" sort of thing; making their keeper happy is point of pride to them as a display of ability. They like to share emotional energy with me; listening to music together and steering the playlist towards things that match their personal preferences or mood. The sensation and thoughts of body movement are definitely a part of it. When I'm listening to the right thing I can see them dancing in my mind and feel the motions playing out within me even if my own body is not actually moving the same way. It's like a shadow of their own energy is being reflected from within. This can be the case with plenty of spirits in different ways, but I definitely feel it in my djinn.

Mine LOVE gratitude, especially if it results in me "spoiling" them, lol. I can only recall two times that a gift was rejected by H; once when I foolishly decided to put a piece of Coprolite I stumbled across on her shrine (I had no idea what it was). She gave me the message "Thanks, but you can keep that". The other was when I found a little miniature lamp and also offered it to her shrine. Her reaction there was more in the vein of "I'm not a fan of that stereotype". Then, the lid on top of it disappeared overnight. I've never found it since. Message received, H! But she's never expressed true anger or frustration at an offering (and I've given many). Those were the only two times that I was gently course-corrected in my approach. But for them just being acknowledged and having good times shared makes them happy. Don't read too much into my physicality in gratitude there, those are just some funny examples.

chemtrailchild
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: less of a mess
My magical/paranormal name...: Arsinée
Zodiac:

jdhthegr8 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:20 am I do not have an Astral djinn, so I cannot comment on them specifically.

What I can say, however, is that my Cleo/Marid djinn do prefer other things to food. An occasional drink is welcome but they far more often prefer having beautiful things shared with them; note I say beautiful, not necessarily expensive. A very shiny and flawless penny is just about as good to mine as any piece of gold would be.

As far as wish-granting and empowerment is concerned, what I've been relayed by my keep is that they view it as a "status symbol" sort of thing; making their keeper happy is point of pride to them as a display of ability. They like to share emotional energy with me; listening to music together and steering the playlist towards things that match their personal preferences or mood. The sensation and thoughts of body movement are definitely a part of it. When I'm listening to the right thing I can see them dancing in my mind and feel the motions playing out within me even if my own body is not actually moving the same way. It's like a shadow of their own energy is being reflected from within. This can be the case with plenty of spirits in different ways, but I definitely feel it in my djinn.

Mine LOVE gratitude, especially if it results in me "spoiling" them, lol. I can only recall two times that a gift was rejected by H; once when I foolishly decided to put a piece of Coprolite I stumbled across on her shrine (I had no idea what it was). She gave me the message "Thanks, but you can keep that". The other was when I found a little miniature lamp and also offered it to her shrine. Her reaction there was more in the vein of "I'm not a fan of that stereotype". Then, the lid on top of it disappeared overnight. I've never found it since. Message received, H! But she's never expressed true anger or frustration at an offering (and I've given many). Those were the only two times that I was gently course-corrected in my approach. But for them just being acknowledged and having good times shared makes them happy. Don't read too much into my physicality in gratitude there, those are just some funny examples.
Oh my goodness.. this response, it literally triggered that gratitude from my heart like I wrote LOL. This is so cool to hear such experiences like this, thank you !! Gives me such close insight like I was seeking. Also opens my eyes to just how many ways you can show gratitude.
I love the way they explained it like a status symbol !!! That really rings true.
I’m definitely gonna go through your posts to read more on what you have shared, I love this and there’s so much I got from just this one response.
Thank you again !
<3 <3 <3

"Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure." —Albert Bandura

Some Spirits in My Keep:
Nymphos, Psy & Sang Vamps, Faeries, Human spirits, High Elf, Silver Dragon, Djinn, Pegasus, Unicorn, Gargoyles, Gregori, Volkh, Sandman, Bannik, Harpy, Lynx, Baba Yaga, Angels, hellhound, Gaki, Ayla, Azille, Fox, Sprites, Nixie, Ielle, Arkan Sonney's, Pasirili, Limcorus, Narinat, Sand Walker, Masheba, Tampi, Kinnara, Valecose..(all from CH)
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

For sure! Glad I could provide some insight. Feel free to ask any other questions here or elsewhere, and do look into accounts of any other astral djinn keepers in particular because they will probably have more useful commentary on that part of your post here

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

chemtrailchild wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:03 am Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
Since I’ve started spirit keeping in 2019, I’ve had an ongoing dilemma with the way I should interact and with my djinn, and understanding the nature of the dynamic between djinn and keeper.
I am very expressive when it comes to gratitude. Like— swelling with tears, hands on my heart, “is she ..okay?” gratitude. Lol
I take into consideration that the because the djinn were custom conjured to me, they understand and can work with my energy, but I get worried about causing misunderstanding of dynamic with respect. I am very vocal about God/The almighty coming first when it comes to willing ANYTHING, and then give my due gratitude to the abilities of and the being itself that I’m working with, but never as far as it coming off as worship if that makes sense? The Almighty comes first for me. I always thank them (all of my guides as a whole), verbalize that I’m grateful for them, say things like I’m grateful that god granted me the ability to have them.. but when it comes to my djinn, I’ve literally held off on most of my interactions for years because I feel like that’s the wrong approach? May turn them away or cause disrespect to their role? It’s really because of the passages from the CH encyclopedia that stuck with me.

“What Treats do Djinn Like?

Djinn do not typically like food to be left. They are traditional and aware of the separation in servant to master and to them it is an honor rather than a hindrance. If you want to show your appreciation you can partake in a djinn ritual or spend extra time with them in conversation.”

“What Treats do Astral Djinn Like?

At no time should you make any gesture of generosity to astral djinn. They view kindness as weakness and are likely to challenge your authority.”

Do they feed off the energy of your success? And your positive energy in general? Right?
Like if I did a traditional dance ritual, which produces lots of energy, (from the music, the energy from the body movements, the flame from the candles, etc) to show appreciation or in honor of them, would they like that?

Or is it that the granting of your wish alone benefits them as well? With what I said about feeding off energy of success and such.

I always like to give back and honor everyone in my keep in one way or another, dual benefit is important to me, and I’d like to understand how it is Djinn like to receive, or how they benefit, to respect them and the relationship.

How do you guys approach your relationship with your djinn? How do you express your satisfaction and happiness with them without causing adverse reactions?
Does anyone even worry about this? Lol

Thank you <3
You're overanalyzing and I believe this is a common issue for us humans, whether we're just starting out or have been Spirit Keepers for a long time like yourself. It's amusing because I could easily be worried about a multitude of things in life, but the way I interact with my companions, especially my Djinns, is not one of them. I have 99 problems, and this ain't one. Haha. That being said, as long as you respect them, there's no room for misunderstandings in the dynamic. Some people may have concerns about it, primarily because they don't know how to approach certain races.

I don't worship my companions. While I understand that others may do so, the dynamic between each Keeper differs. There is no right or wrong approach in this matter, so there is no reason to refrain from interactions. For instance, I personally work with 9 Djinns, yet I do not make wishes. I don't believe it is inherently wrong for me to abstain from making wishes, it is simply my own personal approach. I value their presence for the purpose of interactions and acquiring knowledge, rather than simply making wishes due to the fact that I have a substantial number of Djinns.

Not making wishes does not imply disrespecting them, it is simply a unique display of my respect. In all honesty, despite my strong ambitions, I just don't have any wishes. One might call them "passive wishes," but to me, they are more accurately "my" goals. And since they're mine, I prefer tackling the situation without interference from others.

Food left for offerings is perfectly fine. You have to leave them out for your spirit companions to relish in the energies, and this includes djinns as well. How can you truly enjoy your meal if it's completely covered in aluminum foil and you're not even unwrapping it? Lol. You need not worry about trying to master them, for that is an unnecessary concern. You'll never be their master. Surprisingly, some of my own Djinns simply do not fancy the traditional djinn ritual that is often recommended. Therefore, it is essential to consult with them regarding their preferences when making an offering. It is similar to having a friend who dislikes spicy food, yet continually taking them to spicy food restaurants under the assumption that they enjoy it solely because it is customary for them. Let us not be that friend. Consequently, I cannot precisely list down the offerings that my Astral Djinn favors, as your Djinn might have entirely different preferences. Therefore, the best course of action is to inquire directly from them.

Granting a wish does not define the capacity or abilities of a djinn. It is not something they benefit from, but rather, they may grant a wish out of their love for helping a friend. For example, my Egyptian Djinn approached my mother and generously offered her a wish, which meant the world to me. It was an extraordinary gesture that showcased her immense love. Another one of her gestures was to invite her closest friend here. As for us Keepers, there are numerous ways to demonstrate our respect, love, and more. You just need to discover for yourself what works best for you. If you haven't had the opportunity to interact with your Djinn for so long, now is the perfect time to do so.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I don't have any astral djinn. I agree with what the others said, especially about going directly to your djinn to find out what they like and don't like since they are individuals and have their own preferences. All I did was ask them and learned that they love coloured candles and chocolate for treats. Another treat that they love is a mix of cinnamon and pepper.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

All my djinn are biggg on scent. Candles, incense, oils, herbs, spices, and fragrant teas like jasmine. They also all seem to appreciate gifts of energy like reiki or specific types of channeled energy like elemental or celestial. Some like fancy trinkets or jewelry, crystals, neat looking fabrics, and pretty knickknack boxes. Honestly they are all different with those kind of likes; but the majority of them appreciate scented gifts.

I have one male djinn here whose favorite offering is for us to go spend a day outside when it’s really hot and loves going on adventures to anyplace there is going to be people gathered, especially if it’s going to be outside in the summer

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

The way I do it, fwiw...

I have Djinn from CH, MMT & conjured with CH items by myself.

I follow the care instructions from the conjurer for each individual or type. So I do have relevant offering options.

The idea of us Keepers being our Djinn companions' Master is a consistent one. I understand that as being a willingness to serve. (ie To help us, which is something every single one of our spirit companions like to do anyway.)

One thing I really like about CH's suggested Djinn welcoming ritual is it incorporates the phrase "As master to servant so it is a Friend to a Friend!".

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?acti ... artlang=en

I value CHs expertise and now happily use this rItual with every new Djinn companion.

I've not noticed any of my Djinn commune express dissatisfaction with being thanked by me for their help...nb I don't have an Astral Djinn. I'd follow CH advice on that type of Djinn.

A suitable offering can also be a good way to display appreciation, as has been mentioned in MMT information about Djinn I have from them. The CH Shop has a Djinn commune offering plus enchanted soap that'll give them a boost.

As one CH article puts it: if we relax, take it easy with spirit keeping, give ourselves some credit for what we're doing right, we'll find things will usually go better for us that way.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Djinn Information”