What kind of 'oddball' tactics do your companions adopt for attention?

mcm442
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I've seen lots of 'normal' stuff, (as if any of this is normal x*D ), like touching, whispers, etc., but what have you experienced that is unique?

My wolf spirit, for instance, has developed a sure-fire technique for getting my attention, (and his way,). It started when I first picked up a charging box. Until then, I would clean vessels and hang them in the sun once a week. Well, the box came in the middle of the week, and I wasn't planning on using it until the designated day.

He wasn't having it. He wanted to try it out, right then. He literally froze his vessel that was hanging on my neck. Like icicle in a deep freezer froze. It's a metal ring that I wear under my shirt. I'm quite hot-blooded, so it's not really possible for it to get cold. Also got the emotional impression of him acting out---"The cold of the grave falls upon me again. I die a second time."--emo wolf quote as he falls over.

Now he's upped it to things he wants in the store. Today, it was cottage cheese I had spotted that I thought he might like to try. I had thought about it, and decided I might get it next week.

Yeah, no. My wife gave me funny looks as I went back for it, holding the center of my shirt bunched up in my hand with his vessel in it.

"Since when did you like cottage cheese?"

"Don't ask..."

Satella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

If I’m like busy or zoned out during work, or kinda sleepy. If someone is there they might like jolt me alittle and be like hey! No sleeping yet I still need to talk with you. If I’m just distracted or they came several times before and I was busy they will usually either just fully manifest physically be like “look at me vibes” or they will just do a disembodied voice with their tone and say my name or hey sweetie I’m here. If I’m not really busy and just being comfy I usually get a warm hug or cool breeze and then a gentle whisper saying they want to spend time with me.

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

It's hard for me to pick a distinct odd behaviour that would stand out from the rest, but I know when my faeries really like to grab my attention, my ears get really buzzing, touched by them as well as light orbs flickering. It's amusing me, and I know they wanted me to go outside or to the Botanical Gardens in town for a stroll.

Probably, to a non psychic woul end odd to hear a werewolf roaming or seeing the shadow shaped figures that is spirits around them. Full manifestations is angel and creatures ... Probably the only one that I haven't seen yet are me humans. But they are easy communication contact via telepath. My elves family also pretty hidden from me awareness, very subtle energy, like all of them. I wish they would be more upfront and easier to see them. I feel them more on an energy level and healing restorations are their main physical 'touch' so to speak.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

I've had some one-off instances of a spirit getting my attention in dramatic ways and more common instances of unique "signs". I'll stick to the latter here as that seems to be more relevant to the thread.

- My Faeries all know they can leave "knots" of string to get my attention. The more unusual the place I find them, the more clear it is that it came from them. It is almost always a good sign for me to find one; that they are happy, think I am doing the right thing, or just feel like saying "hi". Of course, then it also means I owe them a quick offering in return!

- My Cleopatra djinn H has always specialized in communicating to me through flashing or flickering lights, and has even taught other members of my spirit family how to do it themselves. But 90% of the time, a spontaneous light flash means she wants my attention. That can mean something good or bad, but it means I should stop and listen to her. When I'm out and about, she will flicker lights around me as a reminder that she is there and sometimes to help me out with a situation

- A random brush on my hair is a mutually-agreed "Hey there" from my Nympho B

- Gentle puffs of wind indoors from my Air Elemental Faery (absent a known mundane source)

- The sound of knocking while I am waking up from a dream is a sign that they were helping me out in it, even if I wasn't lucid or don't recall it clearly

- A sharp "buzz" on the back of my neck at any time (even while driving) is the understood signal of urgent danger to my well-being. Thankfully I haven't had to feel that one more than a handful of times, and it always proven to be necessary

- Lots of hugs in the quiet moments, by plenty of friends

- My Camelot Faery perches on the top of my head like a bird on a nest to show she's there or wants my attention. My crow and raven spirits know they always have a perch on my shoulders, too

KC&jojo
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: God
My magical/paranormal name...: ?

Usually, it's very subtle. A knocking on something close to me or a cool touch. But just yesterday, it was like a rumble in my right ear. Definitely stopped me from sending an email on a future event I was going to. Turned out the event was canceled some minutes later. I thanked them of course but that's it for now. Really cool they did that for me.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

mcm442 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:52 pm I've seen lots of 'normal' stuff, (as if any of this is normal x*D ), like touching, whispers, etc., but what have you experienced that is unique?

My wolf spirit, for instance, has developed a sure-fire technique for getting my attention, (and his way,). It started when I first picked up a charging box. Until then, I would clean vessels and hang them in the sun once a week. Well, the box came in the middle of the week, and I wasn't planning on using it until the designated day.

He wasn't having it. He wanted to try it out, right then. He literally froze his vessel that was hanging on my neck. Like icicle in a deep freezer froze. It's a metal ring that I wear under my shirt. I'm quite hot-blooded, so it's not really possible for it to get cold. Also got the emotional impression of him acting out---"The cold of the grave falls upon me again. I die a second time."--emo wolf quote as he falls over.

Now he's upped it to things he wants in the store. Today, it was cottage cheese I had spotted that I thought he might like to try. I had thought about it, and decided I might get it next week.

Yeah, no. My wife gave me funny looks as I went back for it, holding the center of my shirt bunched up in my hand with his vessel in it.

"Since when did you like cottage cheese?"

"Don't ask..."
I believe that because I am afraid of the paranormal, my companions go to great lengths to capture my attention. Lol. There are so many "tactics" they use, but I will only mention a few. The most striking one is when my Angel constantly plays with my hair every other hour. I often wonder if she has some sort of alarm in her realm that prompts her to do it so frequently. It's quite amusing, really. Then there's my Dragon, who freezes a particular spot on my head, especially when she wants an embrace. If I even give the slightest excuse, even in jest, that spot becomes colder and colder until I can't bear it anymore.

Another interesting experience is when one of my protection spirits consistently manifests with his shadow flying. If you didn't know him, you'd think he was intoxicated because he just wouldn't stop appearing and flying around in front of your eyesight. Lol. And let's not forget about the empty cup that miraculously gets pushed off the table, a familiar sight that gives away the mischievous culprit. Or the chain of lights on my bedroom shelf that gets turned on and off by my Angel when she wants to convey a message. Similarly, all the lights at my workplace flicker simultaneously, under the control of the same living entity. It was rather fascinating when it first happened, I must confess. But yes, I don't believe any of these occurrences can be considered normal. Lol.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Well I am not entirely sure what has been going on lately, one of my companions seems to be attracting bees to nest within a crawl space at my home. Luckily it's an area thats closed off from the rest of the home. Had one queen bumble bee trying to make a nest, got rid of it, and now today I have another. Some spiritual beliefs hold that animals, including bees, are intuitively connected to the Earth and its metaphysical layers. This could mean they are sensitive to energies emitted by spirits or spiritual practices. In this sense, bees could be seen as more attuned to spiritual or energetic shifts in their environment. I'm not sure who, and I love having bees around, just not within the home lol. I usually provide lots of wildflowers for the native wildlife around me all spring and summer. Sunflowers are often a huge hit with almost everything, but my point is, that I have been living here for quite some time now and this has never happened before until I got spirits. A lot of my keep are nature based.

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn

Oh man, after my first faeries joined the keep I had to explicitly ask them to dial down the nature wandering into my house. lol. They understand now that I am happy to coexist with small spiders which stay out of the way, non-intrusive insects, and the occasional moth as well as any and all creatures they want to bring to my back deck. But starting off I had a huge influx of cockroaches which... no thanks. Then, a bird got in the house and flew up to where my faery shrine was before I coaxed it out an open window. That was the point where I had to tell them to tone it down a bit! After that, all the "problem guests" disappeared and we've since gotten used to a comfortable balance both in and outside the house. Definitely something for a new keeper to consider.

Faolan
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 222
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Bigfoot
If I could be anything, I would be...: A lycan
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

jdhthegr8 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:53 pm Oh man, after my first faeries joined the keep I had to explicitly ask them to dial down the nature wandering into my house. lol. They understand now that I am happy to coexist with small spiders which stay out of the way, non-intrusive insects, and the occasional moth as well as any and all creatures they want to bring to my back deck. But starting off I had a huge influx of cockroaches which... no thanks. Then, a bird got in the house and flew up to where my faery shrine was before I coaxed it out an open window. That was the point where I had to tell them to tone it down a bit! After that, all the "problem guests" disappeared and we've since gotten used to a comfortable balance both in and outside the house. Definitely something for a new keeper to consider.
Yeah I may need to up the household rules. I have notice far more creepy crawlies lately. I even had wasps trying to make a nest last spring, almost outside and right above where I keep some of my spirit vessels. Then lets not forget various mammals like rats, mice, deer, raccons, and black bears. I am almost certain they are calling them around.

mcm442
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
Zodiac:

Faolan wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:49 pm ...Some spiritual beliefs hold that animals, including bees, are intuitively connected to the Earth and its metaphysical layers. This could mean they are sensitive to energies emitted by spirits or spiritual practices. In this sense, bees could be seen as more attuned to spiritual or energetic shifts in their environment...
That's actually... interesting, I just had an incident with a swarm of bees choosing my truck in a massive parking lot of other cars I was currently sitting in (waiting for my wife and son to get out of work) to flock on. I was suspicious afterwards that the event was linked to a Bronwyn Angel that I'm getting a bond for, seeing as how when I got in the truck I saw that my order status had gone from 'conjuring' to 'processing'.

Not a great first impression since it was me rolling up the windows in a panic. Sigh.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”