new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 4
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Alright alright, I just woke up and wanted to write this all out before I forget it! Okay, so I don't normally have very many dreams, and if I do, then I normally have bits and flashes of things that don't make sense that I forget within a few hours of waking up, almost like a fever dream, but it's a constant XD
I always try to remember and invite my spirits to speak to me in my dreams, but either they haven't felt like it's the right time yet, or maybe I'm just forgetting it and overseeing it when it happens!

Anyway, I had what was probably the most clear dream I've had in a while, and the most spirit-oriented one.

So it started with me in my room (for the record, I have a large family living in the same house- Mom, Dad, three younger siblings, and my older sister, but for this dream, it was only me and some stranger living in the same house), and I was getting ready to go to bed. I heard a very strong and clear voice begin to talk about how one should leave gifts out every night lest the Wendigo get upset and attack whoever was living in the house. It wasn't like the voice was talking to me, but moreso like it was some sort of show playing on a television that I happened to overhear.
It gave off a long list of things that Wendigos enjoyed as gifts, and the only two that I could remember was embroidery thread and chocolate (very weird duo, I know). So before I went to bed every night, I would make sure the cat (my older sister has a cat, and she normally sleeps in my room with me) was in my room before I shut my door, and I slid a wad of embroidery thread under the door. In the morning, the thread would be gone.
I think I did this about two or three more times before I thought to myself "why am I even doing this? The Wendigo probably isn't even real", and decided not to leave a gift under the door. That night, I left the room to get a glass of water and felt a strange sense of panic, so I began to run, feeling as if I were being chased or that something powerful was watching me. I hid in several different places, but the night ended when I got back to my room and hid in the space between my bed and the wall. I saw the cat towering over me, her eyes angry slits (she's a very friendly cat, and has never attacked or even scratched anyone before, so seeing her in such a way made me nervous).
I heard a very deep voice say"found you~" before the cat lunged down towards me, and everything went black.

I "woke up" in the dream the next morning, the same voice that I heard speaking about gifts for the creatures explaining to me that since I didn't leave a gift, the Wendigo was upset, and took the form of my sister's cat to frighten me, but not hurt me yet. I took that as my proof that the creature are indeed real, and that I should keep leaving gifts out.
When it came night-time, I tried to make a chocolate milkshake for the Wendigo, worried that it was getting tired of the embroidery thread. I thought I did pretty good at it, and left it outside the door for the night, repeating the process of getting the cat inside my room and closing the door. I woke up that night to see a large, hulking creature in the shadows, the only thing clear enough in the darkness was the reflection of the light coming from the crack of my open door in its eyes. Terrified, I got up and ran, in frustration asking the voice out loud what on Earth I did wrong that time. Humored, the voice said "You used expired milk in the shake"

That's pretty much the main part of my dream that actually scared the crap out of me! There was also another part where my whole family was under a spiritual attack by dark beings, and I asked my spirit family to split up and keep a watch over my little siblings while they slept, because, since my family is an old-fashioned Christian type, my Mother didn't understand what was going on nor why anybody needed to be "protected".
And one last part that I thought was pretty cute was this older Wendigo and a baby one (they didn't seem quite as scary as the night-time one, since they were in the light of day) coming up to me and asking me for a gift. I gave them both a square of some chocolate I had on hand, and the older one thanked me, while the baby asked when he could have another one. Needless to say, I gave them both some extra pieces!

And that's my totally weird dream! I would like to point out that I absolutely adore Wendigos and have for years, and a few days ago, I ordered a custom conjuration for a Wendigo! B)
This dream might nor necessarily mean anything, sure, but I thought that it was fun enough to share! :D

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Brie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:29 pm Alright alright, I just woke up and wanted to write this all out before I forget it! Okay, so I don't normally have very many dreams, and if I do, then I normally have bits and flashes of things that don't make sense that I forget within a few hours of waking up, almost like a fever dream, but it's a constant XD
I always try to remember and invite my spirits to speak to me in my dreams, but either they haven't felt like it's the right time yet, or maybe I'm just forgetting it and overseeing it when it happens!

Anyway, I had what was probably the most clear dream I've had in a while, and the most spirit-oriented one.

So it started with me in my room (for the record, I have a large family living in the same house- Mom, Dad, three younger siblings, and my older sister, but for this dream, it was only me and some stranger living in the same house), and I was getting ready to go to bed. I heard a very strong and clear voice begin to talk about how one should leave gifts out every night lest the Wendigo get upset and attack whoever was living in the house. It wasn't like the voice was talking to me, but moreso like it was some sort of show playing on a television that I happened to overhear.
It gave off a long list of things that Wendigos enjoyed as gifts, and the only two that I could remember was embroidery thread and chocolate (very weird duo, I know). So before I went to bed every night, I would make sure the cat (my older sister has a cat, and she normally sleeps in my room with me) was in my room before I shut my door, and I slid a wad of embroidery thread under the door. In the morning, the thread would be gone.
I think I did this about two or three more times before I thought to myself "why am I even doing this? The Wendigo probably isn't even real", and decided not to leave a gift under the door. That night, I left the room to get a glass of water and felt a strange sense of panic, so I began to run, feeling as if I were being chased or that something powerful was watching me. I hid in several different places, but the night ended when I got back to my room and hid in the space between my bed and the wall. I saw the cat towering over me, her eyes angry slits (she's a very friendly cat, and has never attacked or even scratched anyone before, so seeing her in such a way made me nervous).
I heard a very deep voice say"found you~" before the cat lunged down towards me, and everything went black.

I "woke up" in the dream the next morning, the same voice that I heard speaking about gifts for the creatures explaining to me that since I didn't leave a gift, the Wendigo was upset, and took the form of my sister's cat to frighten me, but not hurt me yet. I took that as my proof that the creature are indeed real, and that I should keep leaving gifts out.
When it came night-time, I tried to make a chocolate milkshake for the Wendigo, worried that it was getting tired of the embroidery thread. I thought I did pretty good at it, and left it outside the door for the night, repeating the process of getting the cat inside my room and closing the door. I woke up that night to see a large, hulking creature in the shadows, the only thing clear enough in the darkness was the reflection of the light coming from the crack of my open door in its eyes. Terrified, I got up and ran, in frustration asking the voice out loud what on Earth I did wrong that time. Humored, the voice said "You used expired milk in the shake"

That's pretty much the main part of my dream that actually scared the crap out of me! There was also another part where my whole family was under a spiritual attack by dark beings, and I asked my spirit family to split up and keep a watch over my little siblings while they slept, because, since my family is an old-fashioned Christian type, my Mother didn't understand what was going on nor why anybody needed to be "protected".
And one last part that I thought was pretty cute was this older Wendigo and a baby one (they didn't seem quite as scary as the night-time one, since they were in the light of day) coming up to me and asking me for a gift. I gave them both a square of some chocolate I had on hand, and the older one thanked me, while the baby asked when he could have another one. Needless to say, I gave them both some extra pieces!

And that's my totally weird dream! I would like to point out that I absolutely adore Wendigos and have for years, and a few days ago, I ordered a custom conjuration for a Wendigo! B)
This dream might nor necessarily mean anything, sure, but I thought that it was fun enough to share! :D
Your dream's specific mention of wendigos might be influenced by your pre-existing fascination with them and the fact you ordered a custom conjuration for a wendigo recently.

Spirits may symbolize aspects of your subconscious or unexplored personality traits. The repeating wendigo theme might indicate an aspect of your identity that you are trying to understand or control.

The home is typically a symbol of safety and comfort, but in the dream you experienced anxiety and fear. This could represent some current instability or uncertainty in your waking life.

The presence (or rather, absence) of your family, apart from a stranger, in your dream might symbolize feelings of isolation. Your protectiveness towards your siblings, however, illustrates a strong sense of responsibility or concern for them.

Animals in dreams can symbolize personal desires, fears, or aspects of one's self. Seeing the cat turn malevolent may reflect fears of betrayal or worry that something familiar and comforting could become threatening. The transformation of the cat into the wendigo could be a manifestation of these fears.

Expired milk could symbolize mistakes or errors in judgment that have led to 'sour' results in real life.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Brie
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 4
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:52 am
Your dream's specific mention of wendigos might be influenced by your pre-existing fascination with them and the fact you ordered a custom conjuration for a wendigo recently.

Spirits may symbolize aspects of your subconscious or unexplored personality traits. The repeating wendigo theme might indicate an aspect of your identity that you are trying to understand or control.

The home is typically a symbol of safety and comfort, but in the dream you experienced anxiety and fear. This could represent some current instability or uncertainty in your waking life.

The presence (or rather, absence) of your family, apart from a stranger, in your dream might symbolize feelings of isolation. Your protectiveness towards your siblings, however, illustrates a strong sense of responsibility or concern for them.

Animals in dreams can symbolize personal desires, fears, or aspects of one's self. Seeing the cat turn malevolent may reflect fears of betrayal or worry that something familiar and comforting could become threatening. The transformation of the cat into the wendigo could be a manifestation of these fears.

Expired milk could symbolize mistakes or errors in judgment that have led to 'sour' results in real life.
Huh, that's pretty interesting! I've never tried to "read" into a dream nor look at the symbolism that's tied into it, although I find it very fascinating to see other people's experiences and how they find meaning in it! Thank you, @Tarvos , for your input! It gives me much to think about! ^^

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Brie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:25 pm Huh, that's pretty interesting! I've never tried to "read" into a dream nor look at the symbolism that's tied into it, although I find it very fascinating to see other people's experiences and how they find meaning in it! Thank you, @Tarvos , for your input! It gives me much to think about! ^^
No problem. Every dream is a unique journey into our subconscious mind, and the symbols often carry personal significance. If you ever decide to delve into your dream symbolism or wish to share another dream experience, I'd be more than happy to help you unpack it. Dreams can be a window into our inner thoughts and feelings, sometimes even helping us to understand ourselves better. Keep an open mind, you might be surprised by what you discover!

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”