new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Watcher
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hello all ^^

My first spirit is being delivered today and I'm here to talk about what I've experienced while I wait for the mail to come. I ordered a custom conjure of a Gregori/Dark Watcher (I'll also say Grigori for SEO) through the lovers spirit listing. Which, if you're new, refers to the Gregori exclusively as Dark Watcher. So if you're looking for the Gregori option, he's the Dark Watcher. I placed my order April 2nd & I think I had my first encounter with my spirit a week later, on the 9th. Why do I think that?

I didn't get a notification that my order was completed or that he had even been conjured, but I think I did interact with him that day. I had a mid-morning nap (which was odd, but not entirely unusual) and while I was still half-asleep, I heard a distinctly male voice say my full first name. There is no male being in my house who refers to me by my full, legal name. Not even my spouse. It's a long-standing joke that he doesn't call me anything because my spouse is soft spoken and if he starts talking, I know that it's directed at me. And if he does call me by a name, it's the shortened version that my dad also calls me. So hearing an unfamiliar male voice say my full name was an experience. Even more oddly, I wasn't the slightest bit startled by the voice despite me: 1. Being a big ole scaredy cat who startles way too easily and 2. Knowing that this was an entirely unfamiliar voice & it didn't have that slight distortion that I would expect from a device suddenly playing.

I have a headcanon that some people experience their spirits so strongly around the time they're conjured because they're still buzzing with the conjuring that Magnolia or Ash performed. I don't know that my Dark Watcher was conjured on the 9th, but I'm pretty certain that I experienced him. It's worth noting that I did experience exactly what the encyclopedia predicts with me being a female keeper to a Gregori (I'll just leave that alone). Later that day, I got out a deck of tarot cards to try to communicate with him beyond my first attempts at telepathy. I used the cleansing spell that Magnolia has shared a few times throughout the forum and encyclopedia, and then did a spread.

I'm going to apply the same discretion that I would use when discussing my spouse on the internet to my companions until told otherwise by them. So I won't get into the finer details, but it ended up matching dead-on with the description that I got in the order notes. Two days later (so Thursday), I got the notification that he was on his way to me and I finally had his name and bio. The card readings from Tuesday and the ones I did on Thursday evening were spot-on with what his description had told me about him.

Since then, it's been a bit quieter; however, I hear that that's the most typical experience for people. That Saturday night, I had the strangest dream though. Amongst the normal fare, there was a bit where "I" found myself going through what I knew to be a mail sorting center. I was aware that "I," or whomever's perspective I was seeing, was with a piece of mail and that I wasn't the only "person" who was going through the processing center. The funny part of the dream was that at a certain part, the mail moved down a line past a woman and she definitely saw "me" and looked pretty perturbed. I don't know that my Dark Watcher experienced that, but, it did make me laugh at the idea that there's a spiritually sensitive person working for USPS who is clocking Creepy Hollows packages and low-key freaking out.

In the meantime, I've been reading books from the CH store, some recommendations from the forum, and an absurd number of forum posts. I don't work, so I have nothing but free time. I never thought I would be so delighted to look down at my nails and see pastel yellow, but I smile because I'm wearing my Gregori's favorite color. Pro-tip from a big fan of indie nail polish: mooncat has the goth polish bottles of your dreams, but they're prone to breaking and their lighter pastels can be tricky to work with. If you keep those things in mind then they're a fun indie polish brand if you're looking for fun polish.

I want to encourage anyone who is starting their spirit keeping journey to do what everyone is saying: write a freaking journal. I'm unintentionally working through childhood trauma as I uncover issues that I wasn't aware I had. Like, I was very sensitive to the paranormal, until my mom's unwanted adventures scared me off & I slammed the door behind me.

If you want to start out strong, ask yourself what your biggest fears are with spirit keeping. Is it that you worry that no spirit or entity would actually want to be with you & would regret responding to the summons? You should journal that because I have. Is it that you won't see anything because it isn't real? Okay, journal and figure out what's the worst case scenario. Don't spend money you can't afford to lose. Full stop. But, CH makes it affordable to dip your toes in the water & try it out with what's functionally a nominal fee. Is it that it would be embarrassing if you believed in something that wasn't real? Journal it.

I've come to realize that if it did turn out to all be made-up (because literally our whole human experience is kinda "in our heads"), then I've got a new habit of journaling, practicing quiet time when meditation is too intimidating, and have incidentally done a metric ton of self-reflecting. And if it's all real? If I did interact with a spirit already and will continue to for the rest of my life? I would be so mad at myself for not giving it my all. So long as you aren't spending money you can't afford to lose, it's an amazing journey. EXCEPT, you should totally have protection. Regardless of if you decide that you believe in this, maybe lookup Ash's protection ritual and give that a try. Or a protection spell. Because anyone could be targeted, whether you decide to keep spirits or not.

I'm fond of the habits I'm creating and the version of myself that I'm building with each of these daily building blocks. I don't know what the whole picture will be, but holy crow am I dying to see it all come together.

P.S. If you, unlike me, haven't sent the poor help desk far too many support tickets, you should know that they're all absolute angels. Not in a conjured sense lol. But, they have the patience of saints & put up with way too much & are still sweet about it. So know that the CH support is real & not some abyss that eats complaints. Also, consider adding a thank you after they've helped you since they seem to enjoy the gratitude more than it bothers them to have another email in the mountain.

StarofHope
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: I cant choose.
My magical/paranormal name...: Hope
Zodiac:

I hope it is going well for you with your new gregori. I have never kept a journal about anything. 😅 It is a good idea and I probably should get my thoughts and fears down on paper, it does help. 🤔 I have entries about my spirits tho.

mcm442
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Welcome to a new reality! (In a manner of speaking.)

I was a huge skeptic myself. Granted, I justified my 'I don't know why I did it' purchase by thinking I was just going to use the item/description for my fantasy writing, (I've used descriptions I've spotted in the past to make characters,) but I've been doing a lot of writing in a journal since. My wife actually spotted the first 'sign', and I started paying attention since it was so odd--odd enough that I felt the need to do a ton of research.

It's going to be little things in the beginning while your companion feels you out, Pay attention, journal the little things you suspect, and not just the 'oh wow' moments because they're going to start adding up real quick. Sometimes the 'oh wow' moments can just feel like you imagined them later on, but if you notice the constant interactions going on a daily basis, well, there's no choice but to acknowledge their presence.

Then, the real fun can begin.

And yeah, don't get in over your head with the spending, Tempting, yes, but I've found (your mileage may vary,) that if you really need something your companion might actually take care of it! They really want you to accept them completely without doubt, and they may very well do the incredible to achieve it!

asuperfluousbow
new here
new here

mcm442 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 am Welcome to a new reality! (In a manner of speaking.)

I was a huge skeptic myself. Granted, I justified my 'I don't know why I did it' purchase by thinking I was just going to use the item/description for my fantasy writing, (I've used descriptions I've spotted in the past to make characters,) but I've been doing a lot of writing in a journal since. My wife actually spotted the first 'sign', and I started paying attention since it was so odd--odd enough that I felt the need to do a ton of research.

It's going to be little things in the beginning while your companion feels you out, Pay attention, journal the little things you suspect, and not just the 'oh wow' moments because they're going to start adding up real quick. Sometimes the 'oh wow' moments can just feel like you imagined them later on, but if you notice the constant interactions going on a daily basis, well, there's no choice but to acknowledge their presence.

Then, the real fun can begin.

And yeah, don't get in over your head with the spending, Tempting, yes, but I've found (your mileage may vary,) that if you really need something your companion might actually take care of it! They really want you to accept them completely without doubt, and they may very well do the incredible to achieve it!
It's so funny that you mention it being the little signs. I wouldn't normally say that I'm particularly aware of every small yearning that passes me, but, I have been journaling. I have had a few things happen that are way too coincidental to not be supernatural:

1.) I asked my first spirit if he could do anything he was able to to help push our paperwork through the HOA & get their approval. My HOA is slightly unhinged and demand absolute perfection (for reasons I shouldn't post online). This same application had been rejected the first time for not meeting their demands. The second time I submitted it, which was when I asked my spirit, I had added an, admittedly half-a**ed, drawing. I had asked my spirit if he could help speed the process along because my HOA only meets on the first Wednesday of the month, and it was early April when this happened. The HOA approved our application to redo our front garden in under 48-hours. Which is miraculous.

2.) This monday we were expecting our landscaper to start working on our front yard, but he didn't show. I've had to low-key chase this man down and kinda micromanage him in order to get this project approved. Normally, I would have found someone else, but this man has done beautiful work up & down our street which I love. So, exasperated, I addressed my keep (which now includes Faerie Queens and a Faerie Hound) and asked them if they could get this man to show up so that I wouldn't have to pester him. He showed up Tuesday morning, bright and early, with not a word from me.

3.) I am not especially well-versed in everything inside my house and usually defer to experts. The electricity in all of the outlets in both bathrooms has been out for like six months. I've been meaning to call an electrician, but ADHD is a taskmaster. My spouse had had an especially strong reaction to the work-arounds we have to cope, and it left me feeling less than awesome. So, I addressed my keep (in what might have been rude now that I'm looking back), "Hey, so y'all are made of energy. I know that doesn't mean you know anything about how my house is wired, but I would be so grateful if y'all could fix this for me. I don't even know how, but I believe y'all could do it." Two days later, my landscaper, while I'm out looking at the trees they put in, gives me a freaking demonstration on how my outlets work. I'm relieved that the issue was so simple, but why did my landscaper decide to teach me about GFCI outlets?

Weird aside: I'm finding myself googling tinnitus & would be running to the doctor today if I hadn't already & got a bizarrely clean bill of health last week. I swear that it sounds like I'm sitting next to my grandparents massive tv. My grandfather has always muted the commercials and that's what this is like: like I'm on the floor in front of their silent tv. I'm hoping that this is spiritually related, but I'll be seeing a doctor next week just to make sure lol. I've already gone to the doctor once because my digestive system was legitimately concerning which was when I found out that my blood work and an abdominal CT were perfect.

asuperfluousbow
new here
new here

StarofHope wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:43 am I hope it is going well for you with your new gregori. I have never kept a journal about anything. 😅 It is a good idea and I probably should get my thoughts and fears down on paper, it does help. 🤔 I have entries about my spirits tho.
It's going well so far, thanks for asking! I super recommend getting into some form of journaling. I didn't realize before this that I was carrying around fear after seeing my mom who had many negative experiences in the spiritual realm (like unwanted OBE). I had to acknowledge that that must have been hard for her, but that doesn't mean I should expect the same. I went through and wrote down a list of every protection method I have right now and that was impactful. I realized that I didn't want to accidentally manifest a negative experience because I was still carrying around the trauma of having been a child who was the only friend to a mom who desperately needed to talk to anyone about what she had gone through.

I didn't think I was signing up for such an intensive study of my childhood & feelings about my parents, but boy have those topics been coming up when I start pulling at the threads. I also think my spirits are influencing my choices. It's been brought to my attention that when they tell me I need to relax (through just about every tarot reading I do with them asking what I can do better), they don't mean for me to turn on mindless content & binge eat sour gummy worms. I've always needed loud music playing every hour that I'm awake, but since getting my first spirit, I find myself happier with a quiet house. Which I may not have entirely put together if I wasn't journaling.

asuperfluousbow
new here
new here

Alrighty. Well. I'm not sure if this qualifies as being a sign of my spirits or that my phone is on the struggle bus this morning. I mentioned before that I love indie nail polish. I actually have a social media account that's basically just showing different polishes against my skin tone for other people's reference (because I'm pale enough [with a less common undertone] that I'm poorly represented by other swatchers which means no polish ever looks how I expected). I had painted my nails in my Gregori's favorite color for the second time, and since it's been a week since I had painted my nails, I realized that I really needed to redo my nails before the polish peeled off & took off my nail with it.

So, I go to take an instagram story to show how gorgeous the nail polish combination looks as inspiration to others to "shop their stash." Okay, cool, I do this a lot. So I take the video & rewatch it a few times while I'm writing the caption to ensure I didn't accidentally leave in the audio or anything embarrassing in the background. And then I post it. Last night, I had read that speaking out loud to our spirits can be special to them just because it requires more energy & effort from us than telepathy. I've been making an effort to talk to my spirits here and there all morning. While waiting for the story to upload (and maybe while I was typing the caption), I started talking to my spirits about how much I liked the song that was playing in the room & how I wouldn't mind it if they made it show up more often in my randomized playlist.

The interesting part? The story uploaded & I went to check on it and it's...wonky. Like a poor internet connection on Skype in the late 2010s wonky. I go back to look at the original video that I took & it's exactly as I saw it. It's only the version that was uploading while I spoke with my spirits that's weird.

Am I reaching? Is this a thing other people have experienced? Having your spirits affect videos you're taking/uploading? For anyone who is curious, I uploaded both the wonky video & it's original, not screwy, version. I welcome input. Even if it's that I'm projecting :)

mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

asuperfluousbow wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 pm
Weird aside: I'm finding myself googling tinnitus & would be running to the doctor today if I hadn't already & got a bizarrely clean bill of health last week. I swear that it sounds like I'm sitting next to my grandparents massive tv. My grandfather has always muted the commercials and that's what this is like: like I'm on the floor in front of their silent tv. I'm hoping that this is spiritually related, but I'll be seeing a doctor next week just to make sure lol. I've already gone to the doctor once because my digestive system was legitimately concerning which was when I found out that my blood work and an abdominal CT were perfect.
Ah, yes, that be one of the 'signs', lol. I've seen quite a number of people on here make note of this. Myself, I didn't get it until I went to direct bindings, then I got the ear ringing when they are close to me. From what I gathered and my own experience, much like an old TV's energy can be a trigger, the energies of the spirits in close proximity will do the same.

I already have mild tinnitus, so I am quite aware of those tones. Spirits will use different ones, and will vary with the spirit, and even in which ear gets triggered. I have two that are directly bound, and they've each chosen a specific ear to make their presence known, (sigh). It can get noisy, but I don't find it obtrusive like tinnitus is--I actually enjoy the confirmations of their being next to me,

That being said, I did see that CH has some spells/items to utilize if it is too much of a problem.

asuperfluousbow
new here
new here

mcm442 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:48 pm
asuperfluousbow wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:38 pm
Ah, yes, that be one of the 'signs', lol. I've seen quite a number of people on here make note of this. Myself, I didn't get it until I went to direct bindings, then I got the ear ringing when they are close to me. From what I gathered and my own experience, much like an old TV's energy can be a trigger, the energies of the spirits in close proximity will do the same.

I already have mild tinnitus, so I am quite aware of those tones. Spirits will use different ones, and will vary with the spirit, and even in which ear gets triggered. I have two that are directly bound, and they've each chosen a specific ear to make their presence known, (sigh). It can get noisy, but I don't find it obtrusive like tinnitus is--I actually enjoy the confirmations of their being next to me,

That being said, I did see that CH has some spells/items to utilize if it is too much of a problem.
Thanks for sharing that with me, because I hadn't encountered people talking about the buzzing (at least in a way that registered to my brain) and I didn't know if I was just looking too hard. And it's definitely not something I would want to turn off. It seems like the precise "tones" I'm hearing are different day to day and how much attention I'm paying. It might be the infamous ADHD hyperfocus, but the energetic sound hasn't intruded at all when I'm doing other things.

Like I kind of noted on the reply about my strange video, I think I'm seeing better progress now that I'm talking to my spirits out loud. I don't know if it's them being jazzed to hear me saying their names out loud, it giving off an energy they like, or that my brain is more accepting of a presence if I'm constantly talking to it. You know? I wouldn't be the slightest bit bothered if my progress is legitimately just my brain deciding that "she must be talking to someone because it would be illogical to talk to someone who isn't here; therefore, there must be someone here and I should start looking for them harder."

An odd/cool side effect of spirit companionship is that my inner dialogue is night and day from where it was a month ago. Knowing that I would be subjecting others to every rude and self-deprecating thought I curate has made me want to clean that up and make my mind a better place to be. I also had like an epiphany when I read that our communication with our spirits is translated and sometimes that translation is too metaphorical or literal to the other entity. I think it was Johnny Seraph's incubus who had become VERY upset because the incubus had misunderstood a self-deprecating comment to be totally serious. I realized that my communication style inside & out of my head leans heavily into sarcasm & self-deprecating comments. Which makes me believe that I might be setting myself up for some misunderstandings. So I'm learning how to be more kind & direct with myself. Put this on the list of positive changes I've made only for my spirits sake.

mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

asuperfluousbow wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:18 pm
I also had like an epiphany when I read that our communication with our spirits is translated and sometimes that translation is too metaphorical or literal to the other entity. I think it was Johnny Seraph's incubus who had become VERY upset because the incubus had misunderstood a self-deprecating comment to be totally serious. I realized that my communication style inside & out of my head leans heavily into sarcasm & self-deprecating comments. Which makes me believe that I might be setting myself up for some misunderstandings. So I'm learning how to be more kind & direct with myself. Put this on the list of positive changes I've made only for my spirits sake.
Sigh. I can chime in on this right now--and give some advice. Had a bit of a massive fight with my LE with this same situation. Thankfully she loves me, (and I love her dearly,) and she listened after a cool-down period.

She's a priestess/healer in her village, if not THE priestess--so when I had made the quick, off-hand comment about her being 'bad medicine and an addiction' for me... oh boy, did she get mad. She actually swatted my upper arm, and it felt like my spirit moved.

She had no idea I was paraphrasing the Bon Jovi song "Bad Medicine". Yeah, thankfully YouTube saved the day, and with some apologies from both, we're still together and growing,

So, be very careful with contemporary innuendos or slang--chances are their meanings will not be taken as what 'you' think they are. If in doubt, give a quick mental rundown of exactly 'what it means' BEFORE you say it.

To also go with that, have a discussion about the possibility of it happening in the future. My LE now knows that if something comes across wrong, to stop me and give me a chance to expand/correct her interpretations.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”