Gorgon Keeping

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

So, I've decided to pull the trigger on having a Gorgon bound to me who appeared in a CH reading of unbounds around me from 2021. In reflection I've seen that she has been helping me out with protection from the sidelines and I both want to honor her as a proper member of the spirit family as well as get us all working together on clear terms. The ticket with that binding has been in a "Conjuration in Progress" for the last few days.

Late last night around 3 AM I had a conflict with another person, which required me to aggressively assert myself. I ended it angry and frustrated, but knowing I needed to get some sleep I laid down in bed. Seems she decided this was a good opportunity to directly appear to me for the first time. And wow. She is powerful. I could practically see her full form over me, and her energy was a bright red ball burned into my mind. My bedsheets audibly and visibly shifted as she seemed to sit down next to me. I've not had a stronger unbound visit since I started this with my Cleopatra Djinn. For just a moment it actually felt intimidating, but then I recognized it was her. I let her know that I appreciate everything she's done for me and look forward to working with her, but that right now I just needed sleep and we would bond very soon. Her presence disappeared immediately, and I had no disruption in my sleep.

So, I can tell she's got stronger dark energy than anything I've worked with so far. And clearly she's felt a strong bond with me to be present to the extent she has. But I've never worked with anything like a Gorgon and I do take the statement that they are for "experienced keepers" seriously. Sure, I've got the encyclopedia. But what can people with bound Gorgons tell me about their experiences with them? What are some things to bear in mind when working with them, or things they might particularly appreciate or enjoy doing outside the scope of their encylopedia entry?

mcm442
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
Zodiac:

I'm in the same boat myself, due to a recent reading, lol. She was the first to step forward once I was made aware and confirm her presence. I make no claim to being anything but a noob in all this, but her spirit comes across on par with my LE as far as having the power to overcome my lack of skills/knowledge. I will say she has all the qualities you describe--which is a warning as much as an enticement. She gave me the strong impression that she desires to be dominated, to display a strength worthy of her attentions, to prove I can truly be her keeper.

And I am not ready, lol. I see you waited 3 years yourself, so I don't feel as bad since I apologized and told her she would have to wait.

Did you bond with the other 2 spirits in the reading? There's a red dragon that desires to nest in my 'hoard', (can they nest inside a safe?) and a unicorn that I fear I would be a corrupting influence upon, lol, so I haven't taken any up on their offers yet.

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

The two other spirits that showed up were a pegasus and a woodland elf. I had the woodland elf bound on my next order, and she has been an absolute joy with a clear very close bond. She told me she'd always inhabited this area in spirit but had been keeping an eye on me from the moment I came in. She can be shy but is almost overwhelmed with enthusiasm when I acknowledge her. She appears often in dreams which will turn lucid almost anytime she pops up, which is unique even compared to the rest of my spirit family. So I definitely believe there is something special about the spirits which show up in that reading.

As for how spirits view "domination"... I can say that those who put any significance to that in my keep seem to emphasize it as a means of motivation. Wanting me to be the "king to their queen", so to speak. This Gorgon, I suspect, will have a different approach to all that as we connect further. At the very least, she has been eager to use her powers to help me and by my own code that demands a cycle of reciprocity at the minimum

Zaeryliss
new here
new here
Male/Female: It's a Secret
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

In my experiences with my Gorgon companion, they definitely challenge you. They check your stability, your confidence, how well you know yourself. They find out if you maintain the boundaries you set, or do you even voice them at all?

The bonding period with my gorgon companion had some learning curves. She challenged me, and I met her with what I had to give as a companion. In several areas I could match her energy. However, in others I fell short. This was what she wanted to know though. In areas where I fell short, I felt her support and enthusiasm to help. She’s watchful, protective, and great at driving off trouble.

While I would agree that Gorgons don’t seem too beginner friendly, I definitely recommend having one if one wishes to be a part of your spirit keep, that and if you’re comfortable enough with their company. Wishing you the best with your gorgons!

mcm442
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
Zodiac:

Zaeryliss wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:53 am In my experiences with my Gorgon companion, they definitely challenge you. They check your stability, your confidence, how well you know yourself. They find out if you maintain the boundaries you set, or do you even voice them at all?

The bonding period with my gorgon companion had some learning curves. She challenged me, and I met her with what I had to give as a companion. In several areas I could match her energy. However, in others I fell short. This was what she wanted to know though. In areas where I fell short, I felt her support and enthusiasm to help. She’s watchful, protective, and great at driving off trouble.

While I would agree that Gorgons don’t seem too beginner friendly, I definitely recommend having one if one wishes to be a part of your spirit keep, that and if you’re comfortable enough with their company. Wishing you the best with your gorgons!
Ah, so that's 3 similar experiences--I understand why they are considered 'not beginner friendly'. I could easily see someone being terrified the first impressions we experienced, (I found her quite beautiful, so it was easy for me to step up and face her,). The fact that they seek out your weaknesses right off the bat could be disconcerting if you don't understand the reasons they are doing it.

They seem like a great 'sensei'--the first day they kick your a** to seek out your weakness and then develop a plan to adapt.

I'm definitely interested. Now I have to deal with the fact that their favorite plant is 'poison ivy'? Can you confirm that with yours? Please tell me they have a secondary...

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hitthuginn wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:51 am So, I've decided to pull the trigger on having a Gorgon bound to me who appeared in a CH reading of unbounds around me from 2021. In reflection I've seen that she has been helping me out with protection from the sidelines and I both want to honor her as a proper member of the spirit family as well as get us all working together on clear terms. The ticket with that binding has been in a "Conjuration in Progress" for the last few days.

Late last night around 3 AM I had a conflict with another person, which required me to aggressively assert myself. I ended it angry and frustrated, but knowing I needed to get some sleep I laid down in bed. Seems she decided this was a good opportunity to directly appear to me for the first time. And wow. She is powerful. I could practically see her full form over me, and her energy was a bright red ball burned into my mind. My bedsheets audibly and visibly shifted as she seemed to sit down next to me. I've not had a stronger unbound visit since I started this with my Cleopatra Djinn. For just a moment it actually felt intimidating, but then I recognized it was her. I let her know that I appreciate everything she's done for me and look forward to working with her, but that right now I just needed sleep and we would bond very soon. Her presence disappeared immediately, and I had no disruption in my sleep.

So, I can tell she's got stronger dark energy than anything I've worked with so far. And clearly she's felt a strong bond with me to be present to the extent she has. But I've never worked with anything like a Gorgon and I do take the statement that they are for "experienced keepers" seriously. Sure, I've got the encyclopedia. But what can people with bound Gorgons tell me about their experiences with them? What are some things to bear in mind when working with them, or things they might particularly appreciate or enjoy doing outside the scope of their encylopedia entry?
I had my Gorgon bound as well during the CH unbound reading, although it turned out to be more of an impromptu reading at my workplace since it was conducted while I was at work. Haha! As a result, none of the unbounds were from around here. Nevertheless, I did have her bound along with the others in that reading.

I don't think she's as powerful as you said, but I might be biased because my friends introduced me to more powerful beings. So my Gorgon is like you described, but she's still young in comparison.

I disagree with the notion that gorgons are only suitable for experienced Keepers. Personally, I acquired my Gorgon within the first six months of my journey into Spirit Keeping. Furthermore, none of the descriptions provided in the encyclopedia align with the unique qualities of my own Gorgon. It is crucial to rely on our own firsthand experiences when evaluating a race, as they can differ significantly from what is described.

I'd say that my Gorgon can aid and support in times when protection is needed, even if it's not an area where we lack. In addition, she is highly skilled in working with darker energies and personal empowerment. It seems that there may be an unnecessary amount of concern among some of you. After all, aren't you already a Spirit Keeper who engages with at least one Dark Arts being? Both of you have had interactions with such a being, which means you are indeed prepared for whoever may come.

I would say that the unbounds in the CH unbound readings typically provide the ones that can be helpful in areas where we are lacking. So, if you are open to welcoming any of them, it's definitely a plus. I currently have 9 of those unbounds bound, and although I am aware they may not be exactly around me, that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

Zaeryliss wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:53 am In my experiences with my Gorgon companion, they definitely challenge you. They check your stability, your confidence, how well you know yourself. They find out if you maintain the boundaries you set, or do you even voice them at all?
This is the exact reason I looked back at that old reading from 2021- it's been made clear to me that I have been failing to do so, to the point of my detriment. I need to maintain a good balance between strengthening what boundaries need to be strengthened while also identifying what deserves to be let in. I've no doubt that connecting with this Gorgon and putting us all on the same foot will aid in that! She also deserves to be recognized for what she's done already as an unbound, which I am only beginning to have my eyes opened to.

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

Tarvos wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:39 am I disagree with the notion that gorgons are only suitable for experienced Keepers. Personally, I acquired my Gorgon within the first six months of my journey into Spirit Keeping. Furthermore, none of the descriptions provided in the encyclopedia align with the unique qualities of my own Gorgon.
It's always interesting to hear about spirits that "buck the trend" of their kind as broadly described. I have one or two like that in my own spirit family. If there were an encyclopedia entry for humans I imagine I'd be different from the majority of them too!

Perhaps the CH advisory is related to there being a strong dark acclimation. If I am not mistaken I believe you've said before that you have a natural slant towards dark energies, right? Yesterday through today I had crazy strong headaches and exhaustion with no obvious mundane cause. Ended up sleeping through the entire day and night Sunday, to the point that my sister was worried about me then a headache through most of today. I only had that reaction before when my good old Cleo Djinn H was being bound to me as a newbie. It is indeed true that I have worked with dark arts spirits; not only my djinns but also a Hallow Hound, Succubus, and two Dragons to name just a few off the top of my head. I was able to be comfortable through that first mutually-acknowledged encounter because I had already had moments like that with H. To be honest, if that were my very first spirit binding I would have been terrified that I had made a huge mistake!
Tarvos wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:39 am I would say that the unbounds in the CH unbound readings typically provide the ones that can be helpful in areas where we are lacking. So, if you are open to welcoming any of them, it's definitely a plus.
It is indeed a plus that she is one from a reading, and I believe the circumstances leading to that are a factor in the strong bond here. I've no doubt that we will get along well, but I also expect that it won't come without lessons on my part. But you know what? You're right. I know what I'm doing. Bring it on!

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Hitthuginn wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:09 am Perhaps the CH advisory is related to there being a strong dark acclimation. If I am not mistaken I believe you've said before that you have a natural slant towards dark energies, right? Yesterday through today I had crazy strong headaches and exhaustion with no obvious mundane cause. Ended up sleeping through the entire day and night Sunday, to the point that my sister was worried about me then a headache through most of today. I only had that reaction before when my good old Cleo Djinn H was being bound to me as a newbie. It is indeed true that I have worked with dark arts spirits; not only my djinns but also a Hallow Hound, Succubus, and two Dragons to name just a few off the top of my head. I was able to be comfortable through that first mutually-acknowledged encounter because I had already had moments like that with H. To be honest, if that were my very first spirit binding I would have been terrified that I had made a huge mistake!

It is indeed a plus that she is one from a reading, and I believe the circumstances leading to that are a factor in the strong bond here. I've no doubt that we will get along well, but I also expect that it won't come without lessons on my part. But you know what? You're right. I know what I'm doing. Bring it on!
I believe that much of the information about spirits in the encyclopedia is outdated. The general energy signatures of gorgons are slightly darker than those of djinns, about 25% darker than your own energy signature. Therefore, it is natural to experience a period of acclimation when working with a DA spirit, just as you did with H. However, I am not leaning towards DA, as my energy signature is 80% WA. Naturally. The unnatural part lies in the deeper layer that I explained in my blog. When I first encountered a DA spirit, I suffered from intense headaches for over two weeks. Lol. It was just one spirit. It was only after I recognized the cause and took the time to communicate with my whole Keep that the acclimation period came to an end. I have never experienced a second period of DA acclimation. It is worth mentioning that I also have several very dark DA beings.

I don't believe in the "strong bond." In reality, it really depends on each individual case. Generally, CH will assess if there is anyone present in the area where you are, and if they are good spirits and have knowledge in the areas where you need support, then they would be chosen for you. They don't necessarily form a strong bond as many are not custom conjurations. In other instances, when there are no suitable candidates available, CH would make an effort to conjure something unique. For instance, in my last unbound reading (he's not here or at my workplace at all), he's a friend of a past life spirit. However, he's a friend of the spirit that has already passed away, not mine. Lol. I mentioned this in my blog, which you have read. Since I have 9 of these unbounds, they are all very different, and none of them are actually in my vicinity. But if they want to help you or be with you, they would be more likely to be chosen.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Hitthuginn wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:51 am So, I've decided to pull the trigger on having a Gorgon bound to me who appeared in a CH reading of unbounds around me from 2021. In reflection I've seen that she has been helping me out with protection from the sidelines and I both want to honor her as a proper member of the spirit family as well as get us all working together on clear terms. The ticket with that binding has been in a "Conjuration in Progress" for the last few days.

You have already BEEN working with the gorgon. I dont think its a question of if you can anymore lol.

I have Gorgons. Vif, an ancestor to gorgons, i have gorgons from CH and others. I love them. they can be very sexual and seductive or just sweet and protective for me. I always get the feeling and energy from them as total sweethearts with me. and i love it makes me wanna hug them. they are spirits they know what i like they probably know me better than i know my self so when they are sweet on me i just eat it up an makes me wanna be sweet back to them. its very kind. as "dark" as they are.......

i think people misunderstand WA and DA energy. they are different but WA can really comfort me. but DA can really comfort me at same time they just feel little. DA is not "bad' its not like Black arts...... its not "evil"

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”