Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel and Volkh
If I could be anything, I would be...: Source
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DveneKY

does a power level of a keeper affect the magick & task of the spirit? for eg on a scale of 10, the keeper is 4 & spirit is a 7 or 8 but their magick would be in between 5 or 6 due to mismatch in power levels between spirit & keeper. or is the spirit magick & powers unaffected by the keeper even doing simple tasks

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

I read similar idea from some seller long ago.
I don't think that applies to all conjurers, as different methods may mean different rules : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Hmm.... I personally think and Feel that our "Power Levels" as Keepers do not affect what our Companions can do. They get their Energy and Sustanance (the latter in case of LE´s) from the Flow of Energy arround us (Such as Moon and Sun Cycles, Elemental Energies, Energy wich is created by a Crowd etc.), so they are fairly independend in that way I feel.

What makes a Difference (again... from my Point of View) would maybe be how much they can draw from what is arround us, what House Rules we have in Place (regarding the effectiveness of Using Magic to perform tasks. For example: If a Houserule states that it is forbidden to use Magic against or for other Humans without asking, they then wouldnt disrespect the Rules and thus... not use Magic for Task-Completion) and their own Moral-Code besides the House Rules they agree to abide to.

They all have the Power wich is known for their Species respectfully. That is my believe^^

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I think this is not what happens. I may be wrong but my working assumption is that in general we as Keepers don't affect our spirit's abilities or powers.

I'm tempted to ask what you think the 'power' level of a keeper or a spirit is....what you're thinking of when you use the word in that question...

('Power' can mean different things. As Darkwing Dook almost says, not all conjurers use concepts like that in the same way as each other. For example, CH does not seem to classify its spirits in terms of power at all. Just the binding, which is done by CH. It does classify the Class level of a person's ability to cast magic. )

If I can cast at level 2 on the CH classes scale and I have a living human friend, who barely manages level 1, my spending a lot of time with them won't make them any more powerful at casting. It's their own development of casting ability ('power'), of lack of it, that gives them their casting Class level.

Same with us and our spirits, in my opinion.

But if we do have more magical power (whatever that is) then there's more for our spirit companions to work with, as we can give them permission to use whatever magical resources we have at our disposal. That includes any natural magical ability we have, plus any magic we have worked, as well as our spell bindings.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
shieon
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

I say no. That's sort of implying that we are tied to them in a sense their autonomous abilities depends on what we can do. I don't believe there's any kind of scale balancing when it comes to aptitude, power, skill, etc. There's no scale lowering or anything because a person has a "high leveled" being. Essentially what I am saying is I don't think what we can or can't do (if we're speaking about magical power) necessarily mirrors or siphons to a spirit or entity.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

DveneKY
new here
new here

Thank you all for providing clarity. You help is appreciated

DveneKY
new here
new here

Lewk wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:44 am I think this is not what happens. I may be wrong but my working assumption is that in general we as Keepers don't affect our spirit's abilities or powers.

I'm tempted to ask what you think the 'power' level of a keeper or a spirit is....what you're thinking of when you use the word in that question...

('Power' can mean different things. As Darkwing Dook almost says, not all conjurers use concepts like that in the same way as each other. For example, CH does not seem to classify its spirits in terms of power at all. Just the binding, which is done by CH. It does classify the Class level of a person's ability to cast magic. )

If I can cast at level 2 on the CH classes scale and I have a living human friend, who barely manages level 1, my spending a lot of time with them won't make them any more powerful at casting. It's their own development of casting ability ('power'), of lack of it, that gives them their casting Class level.

Same with us and our spirits, in my opinion.

But if we do have more magical power (whatever that is) then there's more for our spirit companions to work with, as we can give them permission to use whatever magical resources we have at our disposal. That includes any natural magical ability we have, plus any magic we have worked, as well as our spell bindings.

Hello Lewk, i did a binding of class level 4 angel, creepy hollows says the binding will be done with the appropriate power level of a spirit binding requested which could mean spirit of a certain skill level and magickal power, i am doing a recapture of the angel spirit from class level 4 to 5 tier 3. I don't think my angel is upto the same power level if i had done the custom conjuration already from class 5 tier 3 from the get-go? Well i hope not. She is a Bronwyn angel, she has stayed with me for more than a year

calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 71
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I agree that our spirit companions aren't limited by their keepers ability to cast spells, conjure spirits, etc.. Otherwise, far fewer people would be able to communicate with their spirit companions because there are far fewer people who are telepathic or clairaudient. Also, what would be the point of a djinn if you weren't able to make a wish that was beyond your magical prowess? Although, I am not an experienced keeper or witch, so...

VizraOverlord9
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Padawam

So did anyone get that service, sharing a lil bit im sure would help us understand more.

Read 1000 books, Walk 10000 miles.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

DveneKY wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:11 pm Hello Lewk, i did a binding of class level 4 angel, creepy hollows says the binding will be done with the appropriate power level of a spirit binding requested which could mean spirit of a certain skill level and magickal power, i am doing a recapture of the angel spirit from class level 4 to 5 tier 3. I don't think my angel is upto the same power level if i had done the custom conjuration already from class 5 tier 3 from the get-go? Well i hope not. She is a Bronwyn angel, she has stayed with me for more than a year
Probably best if you ask CH if they can clarify that precisely for you.

You've probably read the CH article on Spirit class levels.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/class-ra ... irits.html

It's easy to read that and come away with the idea that it is the class of the spirits themselves that are rated as Class 1-5 tier 3 or Dynamic. And therefore when the spirit's binding is recaptured at a higher Class the spirit is made more 'powerful'.

I've pondered that article over the last 4 years or so and have come to the conclusion that it is the binding (not the spirit) that is elevated in power/class. It literally says that, as I read it.

This may well make the spirit easier to bond with for some people or easier for the spirit to control their manifestations with you etc. (See the CH Classes article for a description of the benefits and differences of each Class level.)

And I think an initial conjuration at a lower Class does seem to call forth spirits differently, or different ones come forward, than an initial conjuration done at a higher Class. But...

Bronwyn Angels are a good example. The CH Shop describes them as being "an Omnipotent race". So I find myself thinking if an angel is already omnipotent, how would changing their Class make them any more omnipotent than they already are?

I may be totally off the mark on all of this. Of course anyone is free to disagree with me and if CH say I've got it wrong I haven't got a leg to stand on.

Maybe you should just ask CH support outright if their spirits have actual power levels and does a recapture increase their power? Also, what else could. And what do they mean when they say power? (nb They don't actually use that word in the Class article.)

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Spirit Tasking”