new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Morgan le Fay
If I could be anything, I would be...: Hobbit or Immortal
Zodiac:

Lewk: thanks for your kind and informative reply. It was exactly what I was looking for, and everything you said makes perfect sense. It’s a bummer your Taoist friend never published his theory, but if it’s any consolation to him, it was right on the money!
Your theory about the matching of chakras with musical tones is also correct. My Reiki practitioner actually has a CD of the seven notes of the musical scale corresponding to the seven chakras of the body. I can’t remember where she bought it, but she says it’s amazing when it comes to healing her clients. As you probably know, there are hundreds of chakras in the body, but everyone seems to focus only on the main 7 ones. When massage therapists work on clients, the chakras in their hands open up.
The association of higher and lower vibrational frequencies with elements of outer space and celestial realms All the way down to the dense earth plane also is accurate. That’s the reason why I made the inquiry. I wante to know where classical music is in the hierarchy.
Iview higher frequencies as better and lower frequencies as worse, simply because of the permanent environment I wish to live in. People view this as judgmental because they see the spectrum on a horizontal line or a circle. They are perfectly happy to hang out with a mixture of people from all backgrounds, and they enjoy conversing about multi media of all genres in a communal atmosphere. I feel differently because their definition of community is not the same as my definition of community.
I view the energetic vibrational scale on a vertical axis going up and down, with higher as better and lower as worse. For me, tolerance is not a virtue. I refuse to tolerate anything of a lower vibration, and like the background hobbits in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy, I will only mix and mingle with those of my own kind because that’s my definition of community.
When you go into environments of pain and suffering to help people, you are walking into places of lower vibration. This is seen as loving and compassionate by people on a spiritual path, but I don’t have those values. When I say I don’t want to help people, I mean it. I have no desire to descend into the underworld or walk into the lion’s den, as it were, even with spiritual protection. This is seen as coldhearted by many in the occult, metaphysical, esoteric and spiritual communities, but I won’t change my viewpoint to satisfy anyone. You can wear a raincoat but you don’t enjoy being out in the rain. I prefer to stay in the sun. Classical music, healthy food, and nature walks are the energetic equivalent of sunlight, and the fact that I say, “I love you but I don’t want to help you” is seen by proponents of spirituality as heartless, callous, and rigid. I live permanently in my comfortable environment, and I’m happy. Sunlight is used for rejuvenation by the majority of people on a spiritual path. Sunlight is a lifestyle for me. That’s why I have no desire to pursue spirituality. I don’t want to change myself or my circumstances.
Aster: I understood everything you said.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

@Musicmaiden I'm glad some of what I said 'landed' with you - although from your comments I can't help but wonder how much of it you already knew.

Chakras - Yes, you're right I do know the aura and body both contain massive amounts of chakras - kind of whorls in the energy field - but the focus for the last few centuries, at least in the West, seems to have mainly been on just a few. I work with about 20.

Transcendentalism - On your common theme of a preference for higher things and aversion of lower things, can I make one comment? It's a long one.

As you might appreciate, many viewpoints are represented in this Forum. It's one of the fundamental rules that we respect each other's viewpoints and beliefs. Although I won't see things the same way as yourself - or indeed many other members - I definitely can see the need most of us have to stick with things that nourish us and avoid the things that don't.

But I'd like to say that, in my opinion, that does not make those things inherently good or bad. Just harmonious or disharmonious for a given individual. One man's meat is another man's poison. Or, as they said in Tudor times: "That which is one bodies meat is an others poison."

When I followed an Indian Guru a common saying among his followers was we need to be like a lotus: living in dirty water, but not of it. Living in the world but rising above it. That can be called transcendentalism. (Well at least I call it that.)

For several decades now new age / occult trends have moved away from transcendental spirituality towards a way of life that embraces more of a balance between the material and the ethereal. That doesn't make your 'transcendentalism' wrong and the newer approach right. Or vice versa.

We each have the right to believe and practice how we like. And to define what that is for ourselves. So, if you don't like the term transcendental, that's fine too.

I think the fact you live what I think of as a transcendentalist lifestyle and have a transcendental outlook makes it perfectly understandable that you prefer transcendental music and energies.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Musicmaiden
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Morgan le Fay
If I could be anything, I would be...: Hobbit or Immortal
Zodiac:

Lewk: thanks for your helpful posts explaining the connection between music and energy.

Return to “Paranormal Energy”