Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unknown as of yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

I had a good conversation with a friend the other night. They were kinda going through it.

They also said they were feeling a bit off (localized pain, a foggy feeling, feeling disconnected from their guide) so I did a divination for them and asked one of the CH spirits to go stealthily scope out the situation for me. (Also advised consulting with a doctor if the pain continued.)

When we took the conversation private (I will not disclose what they talked about) with their permission I allowed my energies to open up to them and something came through. I was working on a cleansing smoke and had a coal ready so I did a cleansing (the conversation was through the internet so I was doing this while chatting with them.)

I asked the CH spirit to keep them company for the night and report back to me when the sun rises.

Redregon
new here
new here
Zodiac:

For what it's worth, something I've been fighting has come to a head in a way that has presented a very unique opportunity.

A lot of working through fear of spirits and other similar matters. A lot of trusting being built I hope. Trying to stretch into the new role that I guess is happening to me (working with spirits when I used to be somewhat averse to the concept in that I had a somewhat not-so-positive experience with a group of spirits a while back. Once burnt, twice shy and all that.)

A lot of this is intensely personal, but I'm sharing because I think that's the first thing that needs addressing in my mind... this fear of spirits. The biggest concern I have is them "taking over" which I suspect they would rather not.

I've also been putting a lot of thought into spiritual development and coming to the realization that a lot of the stuff we do is a test of some kind. Every action we take with intention is us being tested in some way. There are, however, no wrong answers. No pass-fail conditions, the point is to just live as full a life as possible. If this means working with spirits and those on my team, then I guess that's what I'm being called to do.

As for the trio, I have found that they seem to respond positively to allowing them to "overlay" themselves over my energetic systems (I believe this gives them the opportunity to kinda "feel" what it's like to feel again... Like, knowing taste again, or touch. That kinda thing. I have asked them to only do that if they truly want to and they seemed to leap at the opportunity and I could feel them kinda slipping around me like a blanket.

Redregon
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Something happened last night. It's probably not a big thing for those of you reading this but for me it was pretty big.

Sometimes the spirits come through as a ringing in the ears (it moves and shifts location in my head sometimes.) And last night as I was resting in bed I closed my eyes and kinda just enjoyed the quiet for a bit until I heard a ringing come really, REALLY close and get very, very loud... like, right in my face close and so loud it was all I could hear. It was almost like whatever it was was hovering right in front of my face.

It startled me and I withdrew... I realized that this fear in me is part of what's holding me back so maybe if it happens again I'll be able to get a better understanding of what it is.

Also, there is one thing that I think I should mention... A few nights ago I felt an overwhelming stillness and energy come over me and I felt four words come out of the back of my mind and fall into whatever it was that I face down whenever those energy centers become active and fully open. When I felt those four words be accepted in a sense by whatever it was, something came to me... it was big, scared the ever living piss out of me, and seems to be here to help me deal with the thing that those four words represented. (IT was strange because it felt like I wasn't in complete control of myself when those words came out of my mind. Almost as if I was being tested or forced to reach this point.)

Whatever this thing is, it's kinda scary but seems to be respecting boundaries.

I've been reading up on other forms of magic and one of the methods I've been reading lately suggests this could have been an abyss of some kind... a sort of threshold where the student confronts something about themselves, or is tested to see if they can cross it. I don't know for certain that that's what happened, but it's so far one of the few explanations that makes any sense. So I'm studying a new mystical system.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Are there any Immortals you may be either already working with, or have been thinking of working with?

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Redregon
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Adair Lasair Bán wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:52 am Are there any Immortals you may be either already working with, or have been thinking of working with?
Not that I'm aware of. I mean, I did ask a while ago if all the spirits I would eventually work with me would be known and I felt a bunch of signals and some of them felt big/imposing... so, perhaps there are some immortals among them... I don't know though and right now I'm more focused on this big thing and dealing with the thing it's apparently here for (and it says it will leave when that's over.)

the method I use to communicate is yes/no questions and they "touch" me where I ask them to to denote the answer.

Redregon
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I've been mulling over telepathy and what that is... I don't know much about it as I do not have enough reliable experience (I have a few moments in the past that seem to hold up to scrutiny, but they are rare.)

I think there's a component of instinct or abstract thoughts... in that when we translate it into a verbal line of thinking, that's one additional layer where confusion and doubt can creep in.

For instance, say you wanted to convey that you were hungry for pepperoni pizza... to convey that thought to others verbally, you have to run it through the "language algorithm" in your mind and then run it through the "verbal communication algorithm" to convey the idea... but if you could just convey that you're hungry for pepperoni pizza, the hunger, the desire for all things associated with it (the smell and crispyness of the pepperoni, the chewy of the crust, the stringy cheese, the sauce, the warmth of the food, how it feels in your mouth as you chew it, etc, etc, etc,...) this thought could contain a lot more than what you can convey verbally and to really convey it in its totality it would take quite some time to translate it into words.

So, I think... and this is a guess... telepathy works on that thought beneath the words? As in, when we try to translate the thoughts that come to us from our spiritual companions, we have to run it through our language algorithms. I think it is when we run things through the language algorithms, that's where things can get mixed up and confused.

I would think this might be a test-able hypothesis if one were to try and trust their instincts to convey a thought to one's team through this mechanism and see what sorts of responses one gets.

And I'm sure to some this may seem like a "well, of course" thing... to me it feels kinda new.

Redregon
new here
new here
Zodiac:

For what it's worth, I find myself put into a situation where I have to learn quite a bit... one of them I think is letting my abstract mind communicate more effectively with my conscious mind. I think this means trying to recognize/know the thought before my mind has to translate it through the word+language algorithm.

It's interesting and some hitches to communication are likely to be expected (such as not parsing it fast enough.)

I feel this is one of the ways that they can communicate. Not necessarily in a "trail of words" in so much as it's like a knowing. A feeling. A flash of recognition. I think if that could be mastered, communication could happen at a much faster pace though I am certainly no expert, I am just a novice trying to wade through unknown waters. It's more food for thought.

I guess to test this would be to sort of send them an emotion or a thought that comprises multiple words like "hug" (which can evoke many different thoughts/emotions.)

Redregon
new here
new here
Zodiac:

It's been a while since I've made a post here documenting the progress... there is some, however, I've noticed that the team are quite interested in exploring tangible things.

One thing that I have taught them is to hug and to step forward to be known energetically... they understand that and have been cooperating. It's an interesting feeling when the werewolf steps forward to be known. It's almost a full body feeling (which I suspect is somewhat affected by my energy working practice.)

To learn how to hug, it was quite simple. I visualized them embracing me, and I instructed them to wrap their arms around me. When they do that, it's almost like I'm being surrounded by marshmallows. It's a very subtle feeling, but noticeable if I pay attention. I also pair that with the visualization of me hugging back and envisioning what that would feel like (such as feeling the furred back of the werewolf as he embraces me.)

As for communication, I've been sticking with the yes/no method where they touch a spot on my hand to denote yes or no. This does limit the ability to communicate, but it does work for me. (I do not fully trust telepathy because for me it's too close to the imagination and I do have an active imagination. I believe they've been slipping telepathic messages through when I hold a conversation with them... but they are at least aware that that's more of a work-in-progress and I have been clear with them in that I have trust issues when it comes to telepathy (I've had a few telepathic visions before that were undeniable, but those weren't with working with the CH team.)

As for the intimacy, that is... quite surprising. They seem quite keen on experiencing these sensations and they do seem very eager to please (though again, I have made sure that they understand what consent is.) They've also been indicating to me that this is something they enjoy doing or want to do. Still, consent is vital.

Even though they are in my service, I still want them to have the freedom to say no to things they aren't comfortable doing. It's basically how I would want to be treated were I in their position.

Lastly, a while ago I did ask one of them to check in on a friend for the night and to be a friend to them. The friend seemed to be able to sense them and had a pleasant dream with them (no it wasn't intimate in nature. They just had a relatively normal-for-them dream of hunting together.)

EDIT: Finally, one last bit... I was worried for a time that they were being forced to obey... so I performed a cord-cutting and told them that they have their freedom with my blessing so that they aren't forced to serve me. They stuck around... which was a major relief. They are free to come and go as they please, though they still are around and listening to me, and also exploring our relationship. I may not be in the market to secure more CH spirits to assist but at least these spirits are being given the freedom to choose. I think that's helped the relationship quite a bit. Giving them agency seems to have been a positive move forward (though they do understand that I too am allowed to have my wishes respected... so, they're not initiating things like being intimate with me without my consent.)

Redregon
new here
new here
Zodiac:

If you cannot tell by now, I have a bit of "fluffy bunny" in me. As in, I do not like the idea of forcing a spirit (or any being for that matter) into servitude. If I do secure the service of more spirits, it will be with the condition that they are given the freedom to choose, and the freedom to say no to me. I think that really does help the relationship because it's hopefully fostering respect... gotta give it if you expect to get it, after all.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

You're worrying excessively, and this could hinder your spiritual journey in the long run if not addressed. Your spirits aren't being coerced or forced to obey, as you are not their master and never will be. They are already aware of who you are, based on your energy signature, even before they were bound to you.

The core idea is that these spirits have chosen to be your friends, offering assistance to enhance the comfort of your life. They are not trapped with you. Rather, the passage of time is different in other realms, a nuance I won't reveal, you'll discover that on your own. Due to their nature as spirits, they are present quite frequently, almost constantly. However, the dynamics shift with a living entity, which tends to come and go more regularly. They do not intend to make you feel troubled as you might feel right now. I can attest to certain entities that remain with me as steadfastly as my spirits, but that's a different tale altogether.

The contract with your practitioner, who bound them for you, has already granted them freedom. You do not have the authority to determine their liberty unless you conjure your own spirits. However, they possess their freedom, rendering your concerns unnecessary. Nevertheless, the respect you show them will greatly assist you on your path.

Adair has posed this question previously, but when considering partnerships, do you envision any immortals? Rather than voicing your thoughts openly, take a moment to reflect and identify those you wish to collaborate with or those who have exerted some influence in your life. I still suspect Fenrir was the one who manifested in your space earlier, especially when he occupied your thoughts then.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”