Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Artemis

Hi everyone, I just have a question about getting a spirit companion for someone else. Let's say I want an angel bound to them ... Do I have to tell them? If I don't (because they don't believe in this stuff) then do I disrupt their free will and will I be doing something wrong?

Let's say I already have had binding done... they don't know about their new companion. How.... who would task their companion? With the task it is literally simple like, if it's an angel - keep comforting them or keep protecting them. Is this ok to do?

Thank you :)

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I wouldn't do that. I've bought spirit companions as gifts for a partner before but always told her after making sure she was comfortable with the idea of spirit keeping.

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I have purchased a few spirits and spells for my bff, but only after we sat down and picked them out together. She was fully aware and requesting them.

Even though I was sent the info of the companions write up, I copied and pasted the info to her and have not looked at it since. I don't call her companions or task them because they are not mine and as such, they are never obligated to do anything for me. And frankly, if I were to try,
they wouldn't listen anyways because I'm not their keeper.

For myself, I would never have anything bound to someone else without their permission, and especially if it goes against their beliefs.

Spirit keeping isn't something that can be pushed onto anyone. It happens when the person is ready and makes the decision themselves , to become a spirit keeper.

There are plenty of ways to bring comfort to someone, but each person has their own idea of what is comforting. You might be surprised how easy and simple it can be to comfort someone in very simple mundane ways. You don't have to involve binding spirits to an unwilling person in order to comfort them.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

A better alternative is to get your own custom conjuration, and specifically request one that is especially skilled at and enjoys helping others. That way the spirit gets to do what it loves when you task it, it can help more than one person in its time, and most importantly it doesn't get neglected for a human's entire lifespan

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

LightWings wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:25 pm Hi everyone, I just have a question about getting a spirit companion for someone else. Let's say I want an angel bound to them ... Do I have to tell them? If I don't (because they don't believe in this stuff) then do I disrupt their free will and will I be doing something wrong?

Let's say I already have had binding done... they don't know about their new companion. How.... who would task their companion? With the task it is literally simple like, if it's an angel - keep comforting them or keep protecting them. Is this ok to do?

That's an absolute no-no, from me too.

Are you asking for theoretical understanding, or practical purposes, by the way?

i. In terms of the theory: Ethically it would be plain wrong, a bad thing to do. Against that person's exercise of free will.

ii. Practically: Luckily, in modern spirit keeping I don't think it could even be done. Binding is a matter of the consent of the spirit to be a person's companion - which involves the keeper's request / consent.

iii. Other reasons why it'd be a bad idea: Even if it could be done, would you want me to have a spirit forcefully bound to you without your consent or knowledge? What if I choose a type that's the last thing on Earth you'd want to have attached or bound to you? And what if it triggers severely unpleasant DA acclimation symptoms? What if the person it was done to found out about it and consulted experts and got it banished?

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
LightWings
new here
new here

Understood. Thank you all. I just had that thought when purchasing for myself and there was that option to put in someone else's name and thought that it was common practice here, which makes me wonder about this because I'm also huge on free will. And then had another thought that if it is ok..... then how do we task them??

So thank you for all your insights!

LightWings
new here
new here

Just as an aside, I only really was thinking of getting an Angel bound to them because they are suicidal and depressed... but I will think of other avenues to help. Thank you!

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

LightWings wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:25 pm Hi everyone, I just have a question about getting a spirit companion for someone else. Let's say I want an angel bound to them ... Do I have to tell them? If I don't (because they don't believe in this stuff) then do I disrupt their free will and will I be doing something wrong?

If you have requested a companion for someone else, it is crucial that you inform them. And if they are unwilling to consider the idea, do not force anything upon them, no matter what.

Failure to communicate with them would be a mistake. No one else can assign tasks to the angel but your friend. Even if you were the one who facilitated the connection between the angel and your friend, they will not heed your words, as you are not their Keeper. If you have already completed the binding, reach out to the seller and request for them to recall the unfortunate angel. There are numerous reasons why this situation is unacceptable.

I understand that as a new Spirit Keeper, you may feel inclined to send protection to someone out of genuine concern. However, it's important to respect their autonomy and not impose unwanted protection upon them.

Consider how it would feel to be ignored for an entire lifetime. If you wouldn't want that for yourself, it's crucial to refrain from subjecting the spirit to a similar experience.

Additionally, the spirit will try to enhance your friend's perception for deeper interactions, which could lead to them experiencing sights and sounds they may find unsettling. It's worth noting that some individuals have suffered mental distress as a result of this. Without the proper understanding of how to handle such experiences, it can be overwhelming. Personally, I am on this journey as well, but I also grapple with a fear of the supernatural. It takes a lot of time for me to acclimate to the manifestation of spirits and entities. How will your friend manage this aspect? Have you ever given this any thought?

When a door is opened to the other side, there'd be a potential unbound attraction since this angel will follow this person a lot. This growing unbound attraction may overwhelm the angel, posing a real threat to your friend. Are you willing to invest more in this individual if that's the situation? After all, they clearly have no idea what's going on. Moreover, your friend's energy and other elements will inevitably respond to this new presence. Despite being a White Arts being, an angel can still elicit negative reactions from people. Some individuals undergo a Dark Arts acclimation, while others experience a White Arts acclimation.

There are numerous compelling reasons for you to reconsider. If your aim is to provide someone with comfort and protection, there are countless powerful spells available to assist your friend.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte

LightWings wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:33 am Just as an aside, I only really was thinking of getting an Angel bound to them because they are suicidal and depressed... but I will think of other avenues to help. Thank you!
Besides the reasons stated already, it is better not to do this even with a WA being (as most angels are known to be) because you do not know how they might fit into the person's moral code even if they do come to believe in spirits. I respect angels and their boundaries, but I choose to exclude them from my practice. Never say never; maybe I'll find one that works for me someday, who knows? I told myself I'd never have a succubus either and that ended up changing lol. But my current approach to spirit keeping consciously does not have a space for angels.

All aside, seems like you've taken the critique well so that is good! I can tell that you only considered the option with well-meaning intent. Fortunately there are many other options in the community for aiding your friend. I extend my hopes that their condition will improve.

Black Panther
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 36
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision

LightWings wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:33 am Just as an aside, I only really was thinking of getting an Angel bound to them because they are suicidal and depressed... but I will think of other avenues to help. Thank you!
In addition to what others said here. Its not a good idea to get any spirit or entity bound to someone without their knowing and agreement. If this person is not in good mental health, there is no way to predict how this person will understand the different types of occurrences, actions or communications from the entity/spirit bound to them.

Its difficult enough to bond and understand some spirits and entities when one does bind the spirit/entity in mutual agreement. Sometimes it can be completely unpredictable and if one is not in the right frame of mind, then it could have negative or even traumatic affects on the person.

Please get that persons agreement to be bound to the spirit and the spirits agreement to be bound to that person.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”