Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: n/a
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hall
Zodiac:

Hello,
Just a quick question about seeing the astral. When I close my eyes, i can sometimes see my spirit family, as well as other auras, sometimes the general outline of the room im in. Usually, complete darkness helps.

What dictates whether or not one can see?

Ive tried meditations like the Middle Pillar to heighten energy, also just meditating on my third eye, or just my crown, to see what works best. But there seems to be no rhyme or reason to being able to see.

Sometimes i can see their outlines perfectly, along with their movement. Sometimes its hard to make out much of anything.

Does anyone know of a meditation/ritual which could help? Really any information would be very helpful.

Thanks

^^
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

mrcampncarl wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:02 pm Hello,
Just a quick question about seeing the astral. When I close my eyes, i can sometimes see my spirit family, as well as other auras, sometimes the general outline of the room im in. Usually, complete darkness helps.

What dictates whether or not one can see?

Ive tried meditations like the Middle Pillar to heighten energy, also just meditating on my third eye, or just my crown, to see what works best. But there seems to be no rhyme or reason to being able to see.

Sometimes i can see their outlines perfectly, along with their movement. Sometimes its hard to make out much of anything.

Does anyone know of a meditation/ritual which could help? Really any information would be very helpful.

Thanks
My impression of what you said is I think you may be having third eye vision there (when you see auras and your companions).

Have you done any exercises to see your aura in a darkened room?

It probably varies so much from person to person that I'm not sure what I think will help you much. I mean I can mention things I've done but that probably won't translate into being effective for you too. Perhaps you'll discover over time what does the trick for you?

"What dictates whether or not one can see?" There are so many theories and so many potential factors at play, I'd find it hard to say.

I do think our third eye vision, our mind-body set up and our energy body fluctuate over time - throughout the day and over longer periods. So we see more clearly at some times than at others. I've also found that energy-heightening practices can produce more sensitivity, which can make it easier for our spirit companions to connect with us but that doesn't seem to be happening with you just now.

In case it's of any interest, the book Basic Psychic Development is available in the CH Shop.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/basic-ps ... pment.html

This is the most recent, updated How To book that draws on a psychic development approach that was first developed by Lewis Bostwick of the then Berkeley Psychic Institute in the 1970s. I have 5 books that mine that system:. Of them, The Psychic Healing Book by Amy Wallace & Bill Henkin, 1978 & the Grounding Book by Josh Schulz, 2012 are excellent adjuncts to Basic Psychic Development.

Whether or not you choose to work with that system, regular maintenance of your energy system might be something worth looking into (for anyone really). This can include cleansing and healing the aura, cleansing and regulating the main chakras; grounding; aura shielding; strengthening psychic boundaries; clearing negative energy from your space (...etc). Just as we get dirt clinging to our physical bodies and need to cleanse and maintain them on a daily basis, so too we get daily psychic 'dirt' / negativity that needs cleansing regularly and our energy body benefits from regular maintenance too.

One book that goes into that comprehensively and in practical detail is this 2001 one by Judy Hall. It involves use of white light, so would not suit the type of DA-only keeper who'd prefer to avoid any use of white light. I think it'd probably suit most other DA or neutral arts practitioners.

https://www.amazon.com/Psychic-Protecti ... 0007110219

That kind of work may - perhaps - help make any psychic vision be a little more consistent. Nothing's guaranteed.

As with all these things, none of them is a magic bullet. But every little helps, as they say.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
mrcampncarl
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thanks for replying Lewk. I appreciate the list of references, ill be looking into them. I think you maybe right about putting a focus on energy-heightening exercises.

Ill be the first to admit I should also work on cleansing. You also brought up the use of white light as a primarily dark arts user. Which made me realize, i always try to visualize white, while my spirits are all dark art.

Do you know of an alternative? I havent read anything about it unfortunately.

I also am able to see my body in the complete dark, im hesitant to say aura, because its the same size and shape of my body. It just lags behind my movements. Maybe astral body/etheric. Not sure.

Iv e been trying several exercises to see which is most consistent, but more testing is needed. Could have something to do with white light. I also tried an exercise called “connecting the cosmos” which was interesting. Involving bringing the energy from the universe and from earth into you at once.

I suppose im looking for something to concentrate on, instead of splitting my attention.

^^
Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Cleansing with the energy of the elements can also be helpful if envisioning white light for cleansing doesn’t resonate with you. Something my patron taught me was to imagine my energy as a pool of water. Try to see how large this body of water is, is it calm or is the water moving wildly, is the water muddy, are the water levels low or overflowing, are there any things floating in the water that look/feel like they don’t belong? You can imagine yourself using a net to scoop out any debris. As you do this the water will start to get clearer/you are cleansing your energy. Your first impressions of the water can also be an excellent way to see what your energy is like currently.

Another thing you can do is imagine a candle flame at the center of your chest. Imagine it growing larger and larger. As it grows see it burning away any negative/stagnant energy. I have found this method is also great for energetic protection.

Dark arts energy can also be useful for cleansing. You can even ask your companions to help you with that.

mrcampncarl
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Hey Hazell,

I was very intersted by your way of envisioning your energy as water. I've had countless dreams about water flooding, overflowing, etc So I used your recommendation and imagined myself wading in water. Eventually diving deep like in some of my dreams. One of the most relaxing meditation sessions I've had, so definitely on the right path there.

I'll be looking more into meditations along this vein, since I've never really been drawn to the whole white light thing.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

^^
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

mrcampncarl wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:31 pm Thanks for replying Lewk. I appreciate the list of references, ill be looking into them. I think you maybe right about putting a focus on energy-heightening exercises.

Ill be the first to admit I should also work on cleansing. You also brought up the use of white light as a primarily dark arts user. Which made me realize, i always try to visualize white, while my spirits are all dark art.

Do you know of an alternative? I havent read anything about it unfortunately.

I also am able to see my body in the complete dark, im hesitant to say aura, because its the same size and shape of my body. It just lags behind my movements. Maybe astral body/etheric. Not sure.

Iv e been trying several exercises to see which is most consistent, but more testing is needed. Could have something to do with white light. I also tried an exercise called “connecting the cosmos” which was interesting. Involving bringing the energy from the universe and from earth into you at once.

I suppose im looking for something to concentrate on, instead of splitting my attention.
You're welcome. You'll probably find it. You could ask for help to find it (I mean ask internally).

White light

I respect those who have an aversion to white light or a preference to not work with it.

But, from what I've learned, that can at least sometimes be due to a misunderstanding of, or a fear of white light, which says more about the keeper than about white light itself. I think one useful way to think about ourselves as DA beings (in the CH classification all humans are DA) is that part of our dual nature means we can work with (ie 'apply') both WA and DA energy or methods. (In the CH classification a NA spell binding only means the owner can use it via ether WA or DA.)

To put it more simply, even DA-leaning keepers can use white light, if and when they want - in my opinion.

Rather than see white light as tied to Abrahamic religion and related judgemental values or perspectives, it might be better to think of it as related to daytime and sunlight.

I happily use spells and energy gathering meditations in both of the CH Great Arts Guidance books, which engage with both WA energy (that includes white light) and DA energy (that includes dark 'light'). (The DA energy is largely at my own level and not hard to handle.)

Still, I think of myself as a mainly WA keeper.

I don't think any of my DA spirits have any problem with me working with white light-type stuff.

But I do enjoy using the spirit communication, manifestation and bonding spells in the CH Great Dark Arts Guidance book. They're specifically designed to help connect with our DA companions.

When planning to connect with a DA bound companion we can also use these spirit mantras...

https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index ... ht=mantras

On auras etc -

What you wrote about reminds me of the aura that can be seen in the dark. The one that lights up in an otherwise light-less space. There are various methods for using energy that can be seen as light in the dark.

I did an aura exercise a long time ago, which involves sitting in the dark, relaxing , breathing deeply a few times then looking with eyes open to see that auric glow around your arms or body. Its a bit like a soft light. Probably as a white light. In the rest of the exercise, you change the colour to a different one. Then you change that aura's size (ie increase or decrease it, for example). Then you change its density (eg less or more dense). Then let it all be back the same again.

This literally exercises the aura. Thus helping it be healthy in some aspects. I use it from time to time.

I see the aura as having many different levels and aspects. Some approaches work with juts some of those different levels and aspects. Perhaps at a high, meta level all of those are just working concepts and none of these differing approaches is the 'real' True one.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ROWN ROSALIND
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sylph or Undine
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: ROWN ROSALIND
Zodiac:

I'm working on this ability as well. I was reading through the free download on the CH store about developing telepathy, it said to start by practicing with one spirit at a time. Perhaps this could help with seeing as well, to reach out to see one spirit at a time. I'm finding the more I communicate and be present with a spirit, I get glimpses of their aspects, in my mind's eye. For now, I don't "see" as much as just know things about their features. I know this is at least in part because I'm quite afraid of seeing things, and much more comfortable knowing things. I'm happy to go slow with the process.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”