Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Lom'ae wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:49 am I also use Spotify, though I often have my sessions hijacked by beings that aren't so well intentioned. Does anyone have any pointers on how to keep shufflemancy strictly between yourself and the spirit or entity in question?
I ask my Volkh to secure the connection. But your own shadow can always interfere. Therefore knowing which songs and bands your companions prefer is very helpful.
Lightningkitsune wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:07 am What's a good app for shufflemancy? Something that has a lot of options without individually choosing a Playlist of random stuff to test with for their preferences? I'm trying a YouTube music Playlist for shufflemancy and honestly, hunting down any ring I remember to add for a " just in case " is getting tedious.
I'm using Spotify on my laptop (desktop version) and I have a huge variety of MP3s from CDs I bought over the years on my phone.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤
newspirit
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Lightningkitsune wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:07 am What's a good app for shufflemancy? Something that has a lot of options without individually choosing a Playlist of random stuff to test with for their preferences? I'm trying a YouTube music Playlist for shufflemancy and honestly, hunting down any ring I remember to add for a " just in case " is getting tedious.
Personally I have just been using my library of music that I have on my phone. I use a third-party app for listening to it (all of my music is ripped from CDs). But like RedWine said, something like Spotify could be useful to help diversify your results. There are so many songs to choose from on there. Or even Apple Music, Tidal, or YouTube! YouTube has playlist mixes but the only problem is they let you see what songs are up next in the sidebar, so I don't know how that would affect your session. Maybe it doesn't affect it at all? But yeah, Spotify seems to be the best option.

Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0

Thyr wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:24 pm
Lom'ae wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:49 am I also use Spotify, though I often have my sessions hijacked by beings that aren't so well intentioned. Does anyone have any pointers on how to keep shufflemancy strictly between yourself and the spirit or entity in question?
I ask my Volkh to secure the connection.
That is handy knowledge, thank you!

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
Rimuru
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 4
Zodiac:

There are also some shufflemancy playlists on youtube.

"Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real."
Phoenix78
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Magmaese White Tiger
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Phoenix
Zodiac:

Hi
Just tried this with my new Silver Dragon A. She apparently likes David Bowie and Dolly Parton. What a combo lol.

stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Phoenix78 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:24 pm Hi
Just tried this with my new Silver Dragon A. She apparently likes David Bowie and Dolly Parton. What a combo lol.
Thanks. My brain is now trying to do a mash-up of "Let's Dance" and "Jolene". X.X

But thank you all, as this helped me remember I have a ton of CD's that I need to rip. Those songs would be perfect for this.

I do have a question for everyone:

Do you stick to music that you like or do you branch out into artists/genres that you can't stand?

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Phoenix78
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Magmaese White Tiger
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Phoenix
Zodiac:

LoL Funny one of the songs that came up was Jolene and the other was Young Americans. The other was Here you come again and Golden Years. I love her personality =)

Thyr
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 34
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demonic
Zodiac:

stormdancer wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:57 am I do have a question for everyone:

Do you stick to music that you like or do you branch out into artists/genres that you can't stand?
I don't include artists or genres I dislike in my personal lists. I would not be able to concentrate on the message, my own feelings would overshadow the experience.

¤ ωε nεvεr ωαlk αlonε ¤

Return to “Spirit Keeping”