Cu'Sidhe!

Discussion of creatures starting with letters A-J.
cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

I recently jumped onto the new CH listing for Cu'Sidhe (link below) and I'm curious if anyone else has as well! My new friend's vessel just arrived in the mail today, and although I had him bound to spirit, I usually have a welcome party when their vessel arrives.

I chose to get the Dark Arts Cu'Sidhe, though I felt a strong pull to the White Arts one as well (and I won't lie, I will likely end up with a WA one too). Although the DA ones are described as "extensively fearsome and intimidating", when I held his vessel to welcome him, I got such a sense of serenity wash over me, I nearly teared up.

I specifically asked CH to find me a new friend who would be able to help me with my own Shadow Work, to assist me with the healing pain and integration of my Shadow Self, and as always, they sent me a custom conjure who is going to give me amazing support and friendship through some future rough patches.

He already has a soothing presence, but I can feel a lot of POWER behind him. Like he's a taut bowstring, ready to fly. Incredible energy, I feel like I've known him for a while already.

I would love to hear anyone else's experiences, if you feel comfortable sharing. And if you have one, I hope you and your new friend are enjoying each other's company already!

---------------------------

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/custom-c ... anion.html

Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Thanks you @cndrow for sharing your experience, I have a WA Cu'Sidhe on my wishlist atm and am glad to hear yours fits your needs so well. I am excited to get my first custom conjures from CH very soon, it sounds like they do such a lovely job choosing.

cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

@Nightrunner404 I am SO tempted to buy a WA one as well! I felt an equal pull to both, but could only afford one at the time.

I have been buying spirits from CH for several years now, and although I don't have a huge family, I can tell you that every single custom conjure from them has matched my energy, needs, wants, and personality PERFECTLY! All my CC's have their own unique quirks and traits, but there's an underlying harmony between us all that's just so peaceful and laidback. I'm excited for you!!

Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte

I ended up ordering a CC of each on St Patty's day. They just got bound/bridged yesterday. I did ask for a lighter side DA and he definitely did not give me any extreme vibes. They both feel like they will fit right in. My ancient zodese wolf matriarch and kitsune are the ones in charge of various groups, so not too worried about things in the keep overall. L is probably my "youngest" spirit so far but feels quite balanced, he is my 4th DA and the other three being my kitsune and pipe fox sisters. My WA cu'Sidhe F will be a great partner with L I think as she is "older" and gives off a wiser vibe more similar to my zodese wolf A. Celtic lore is probably my second favorite to Japanese folklore so very happy with my decision getting them on St Patty's to celebrate my Celtic roots, instead of some Guinness.
cndrow wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:46 am @Nightrunner404 I am SO tempted to buy a WA one as well! I felt an equal pull to both, but could only afford one at the time.

I have been buying spirits from CH for several years now, and although I don't have a huge family, I can tell you that every single custom conjure from them has matched my energy, needs, wants, and personality PERFECTLY! All my CC's have their own unique quirks and traits, but there's an underlying harmony between us all that's just so peaceful and laidback. I'm excited for you!!

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I've had mine for three months, and not from CH. He's a friend of a friend, WA Cu'Sidhe, so he comes as a pre-conjured. He doesn't come matching with my energy as a pre-bound or custom conjuring.
I can't say much about him, but he's super duper cute (like if there's the cutest being you've met, it'd be him) and has a very special physique. He doesn't belong to my protection team but has a specific role in making up my Keep. So it's like he's in some secret high council. Lol.

The thing I find most interesting about this race is that their abilities vary a lot, and mine is a healer.
They make great friends too. I hardly find any hound-like spirits not to love. Their devotion and loyalty is just unquestionable, but it never feels overdone so it's easy to appreciate their company.

(Totally unrelated. I like your signature. Is it your Mummy in the picture?)

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte

Yeah I have always had strong affinity with canid species and never really been a cat person. It is fascinating to me from a lore perspective, how menacing and dark they and their similar counterparts from other areas are viewed but those that know them seem to find them very agreeable. Granted the DA variety I am sure have some on the darker side, which maybe those are where the lore was born. Either way I am very glad to have them in my keep. I also added a fylgia and duojna with them, and all 3 of my non social protection spirits(these 2 and a volkh) give me very canid vibes in that loyal companion kind of way. I did some AI art with them as part of my initial bonding, and the fylgia picked a very menacing shadowy canid tree like imagery for his dossier.
Tarvos wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:49 pm I've had mine for three months, and not from CH. He's a friend of a friend, WA Cu'Sidhe, so he comes as a pre-conjured. He doesn't come matching with my energy as a pre-bound or custom conjuring.
I can't say much about him, but he's super duper cute (like if there's the cutest being you've met, it'd be him) and has a very special physique. He doesn't belong to my protection team but has a specific role in making up my Keep. So it's like he's in some secret high council. Lol.

The thing I find most interesting about this race is that their abilities vary a lot, and mine is a healer.
They make great friends too. I hardly find any hound-like spirits not to love. Their devotion and loyalty is just unquestionable, but it never feels overdone so it's easy to appreciate their company.

(Totally unrelated. I like your signature. Is it your Mummy in the picture?)

cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

@Nightrunner404 Aaaa I’m so excited for you!!
When I first read their listing, I immediately thought that a WA and DA would be an excellent balanced team. If you have time in the future, please do update me on how they work together!

I’m only just now getting into Celtic lore. I grabbed a Dullahan recently and then realized oh, he’s a Sidhe, oh dear oh no :D So I’ve been diving down that delightful rabbit hole the past month.

@Tarvos I am still giggling at the mental image of a super cutesy Cu Sidhe ;D

Yes, the more I’m getting to know my own, the more I’m realizing he is highly individual and unique, and he’s said no two of his species are alike. That’s fascinating to know you’ve discovered the same.

Funnily enough, I am 100% a cat person IRL and tend to be scared of dogs if they’re medium-sized or larger. But I’m sincerely enjoying having such a large canine just calmly sitting beside me all the time! His presence is intense, but very soothing. Tbh I’m not sure if he’s actually on ‘guard duty’ for protection, I am getting he’s here mostly for companionship and to help me with healing & shadow work. He does, however, make me feel very safe, regardless!

(My signature is of my Egyptian psy vampire! He was my first bound spirit and he’s the ‘overseer’ of our spirit family)

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

cndrow wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:17 pm @Tarvos I am still giggling at the mental image of a super cutesy Cu Sidhe ;D

Yes, the more I’m getting to know my own, the more I’m realizing he is highly individual and unique, and he’s said no two of his species are alike. That’s fascinating to know you’ve discovered the same.

Funnily enough, I am 100% a cat person IRL and tend to be scared of dogs if they’re medium-sized or larger. But I’m sincerely enjoying having such a large canine just calmly sitting beside me all the time! His presence is intense, but very soothing. Tbh I’m not sure if he’s actually on ‘guard duty’ for protection, I am getting he’s here mostly for companionship and to help me with healing & shadow work. He does, however, make me feel very safe, regardless!

(My signature is of my Egyptian psy vampire! He was my first bound spirit and he’s the ‘overseer’ of our spirit family)
Imagine a cute doggo. Sprinkle him with confetti. Now, imagine that same cute doggo getting his head watered like a flower. I'm the wurst. Lol.
I'm a big doggo person. So I haven't got any cat-type spirit/entity until one of my LEs invited a friend, a LE Masheba. OMG. Another cutest being ever! Lol.

My Cu'Sith is WA, but his energy feels more angelic than anything, not that of my Volkh or Duojna. I think the moment I realized they were different individuals and unique in their abilities was when my Cu'Side companion wasn't anything like what other people described about theirs.

Side note: your Egyptian Psy Vampire is beautiful. Those eye makeup and eyebrows are on fleek!

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Nightrunner404 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:20 pm Yeah I have always had strong affinity with canid species and never really been a cat person. It is fascinating to me from a lore perspective, how menacing and dark they and their similar counterparts from other areas are viewed but those that know them seem to find them very agreeable. Granted the DA variety I am sure have some on the darker side, which maybe those are where the lore was born. Either way I am very glad to have them in my keep. I also added a fylgia and duojna with them, and all 3 of my non social protection spirits(these 2 and a volkh) give me very canid vibes in that loyal companion kind of way. I did some AI art with them as part of my initial bonding, and the fylgia picked a very menacing shadowy canid tree like imagery for his dossier.
Same. I'm more of a doggo person. I think due to factors such as predators, the availability of food, and other environmental conditions when they were alive can affect how dark their energy is.
But what I have learned is that the lore surrounding these types is based on past encounters with humans. When these encounters occurred, people didn't know what to make of them, so they created stories to explain what was happening. I don't usually pay much attention to lore because not all of it is accurate.
My Fylgia is a demon. Lol. He manifests a lot during the day, I see his shadow every time I turn a corner at work. Lol. And he is the second most active in my Keep. My most active being is also a non-social race. You can't go wrong with a Fylgia, a Volkh and a Duojna. Happy bonding!

Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte

Yeah I feel pretty well protected, with also an overprotective kitsune and a genius loci in the mix as well as the many canid types as well.

Lore may not always be accurate however I do think it is very important as part of both our history as humans and the creatures whom we now house as spirit companions as it is such a large part of their identity. And as we have all seen they are often very much different from lore or common perception. But it is also lore that often draws us or lets us connect with them in the first place. I have discussed much of kitsune folklore with my kitsune and she has agreed with much of it as far their societal structure was concerned which has been fascinating as someone who has always enjoyed japanese folklore and yokai folklore in particular.

Tarvos wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:36 am
Nightrunner404 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:20 pm Yeah I have always had strong affinity with canid species and never really been a cat person. It is fascinating to me from a lore perspective, how menacing and dark they and their similar counterparts from other areas are viewed but those that know them seem to find them very agreeable. Granted the DA variety I am sure have some on the darker side, which maybe those are where the lore was born. Either way I am very glad to have them in my keep. I also added a fylgia and duojna with them, and all 3 of my non social protection spirits(these 2 and a volkh) give me very canid vibes in that loyal companion kind of way. I did some AI art with them as part of my initial bonding, and the fylgia picked a very menacing shadowy canid tree like imagery for his dossier.
Same. I'm more of a doggo person. I think due to factors such as predators, the availability of food, and other environmental conditions when they were alive can affect how dark their energy is.
But what I have learned is that the lore surrounding these types is based on past encounters with humans. When these encounters occurred, people didn't know what to make of them, so they created stories to explain what was happening. I don't usually pay much attention to lore because not all of it is accurate.
My Fylgia is a demon. Lol. He manifests a lot during the day, I see his shadow every time I turn a corner at work. Lol. And he is the second most active in my Keep. My most active being is also a non-social race. You can't go wrong with a Fylgia, a Volkh and a Duojna. Happy bonding!

Return to “Creatures A-J”