new here
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel and Volkh
If I could be anything, I would be...: Source
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DveneKY

Why are the popular spells from creepy hollows in English? Are they enchanted & mediated by the spirits of creepy hollows? Are they effective as other spells in Hebrew and other code language?

Lewk
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 243
Spelled Number: 187
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Easthorse Indigo
Zodiac:

DveneKY wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:34 am
Why are the popular spells from creepy hollows in English? Are they enchanted & mediated by the spirits of creepy hollows? Are they effective as other spells in Hebrew and other code language?
Maybe Creepy Hollows are best placed to answer the first two questions.

As this is a discussion thread, I'll give a point of view but it can be seen from my profile that I don't describe myself as a master.

No, I don't think CH's spirits are tasked to make anyone who casts one of their written spells effective. It's experience, talent and spell writing ability that gives them their enchanted aspect. Plus the ability of the caster plays a part too. (That doesn't mean novices can't get results.) I and others do think they're effective. CH explain some aspects of their spell writing methods in the Paranormal101 course book.

Words carry meaning and power, whatever language they're spoken in. Words in spells are vehicles for the intention and energy / power from the person that created or casts them.

For that reason, I really don't see spells in English as being second best to spells in Hebrew or a 'code language'. (Not sure exactly what you're thinking of as a code language.) And I also don't see Hebrew as a code language either.

Why are the spells in English? I think it may simply be that the first language of the founders of CH is English.

Although the Kabbala was a significant influence on esoteric studies in Christian countries during the middle ages, Hebrew words and letters are not necessary for making spells or magic in general. Nor is Hebrew an inherently magical language. As I understand it, it is a language sometimes used for magical purposes...as English is.

Before the Hebrew language and alphabet came into existence, other languages were used to create magic. eg Egyptian & Babylonian (Akkadian).

As far as I can tell, there were practical, mundane reasons to adopt a formalised system of symbols or words as part of the way those ancient societies functioned. So not every symbol or word had esoteric significance, although those of us who are into magic may focus more on the esoteric uses.

Don’t be scared. This island is full of noises, strange sounds and sweet melodies that make you feel good and don’t hurt anyone. Sometimes I hear a thousand twanging instruments hum at my ears, and sometimes voices that send me back to sleep even if I had just woken up—and then I dreamed of clouds opening up and dropping such riches on me that when I woke up, I cried because I wanted to dream again. Caliban, The Tempest, Shakespeare
\/

Return to “Spells/Spellwork”