DA spirit does not look like expected, and it's amazing!

cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

TL;DR: The Draugr custom conjure I bought recently turned out to be a spirit I befriended when I was very young, but I NEVER would've guessed by appearance that's what he was!

Since I was 5, I've had a nonverbal spirit that checks in frequently. Adult-sized, presumably humanoid, but he's always been wrapped in layers of white cloth and robes. As I grew up, I guessed he was some form of Wraith or Grim Reaper (though no scythe or weapon readily seen), due to the ragged robes and wispy appearance.

Once I got into spirit keeping, I have always assumed at some point, I would figure out if he was a Wraith or Reaper, and ask if he'd like to be bound to a vessel for easier interaction. Again, he's nonverbal but I thought he might like a vessel as an easier way to reach me.

At the end of 2022, I ended up buying a Draugr because I just could not get it out of my head for months. A day after his vessel arrived, I was chilling at home and looked up to see my good ol' wraith-y friend peeking in on me- and I realized with a start that's my 'new' Draugr friend! Never would I have guessed that's what he was!

Have you had any spirits that arrive and absolutely do not look anything like what you'd expect from common descriptions?? This threw me for a loop, in the best way, a great lesson to let go of expectations and be open to communication. :)
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I experienced this with my mummy vamp, my basilisk, and a few of my vampires. Not just with their "physical" appearance but with clothes as well. For example... my mananagal appeared to me in an unbuttoned Hawaiian Tshirt and ripped up jeans. My first thought just from appearance was not "vampire" ( or even flying torso from hell πŸ˜†)
lol it was "Tino from Morocco."

I also believe they can choose whatever appearance they like and often do so for our comfort or ease.(regardless of descriptions or expectations etc)
My mononoke also surprised me with her appearance... But there wasn't any description I could find about how they look usually. She looked like a pale white (almost porcelain) face with unusual Asian looking black eyes, and wispy.... ribbons .. for the rest of her form. She only took that form once to show me, and after my surprise decided to use a more natural human look.

My grim reaper was hesitant to show his real face at first. He was very cautious to not frighten me and actually put a thicker skin on his face, shrunk his height (he's a tower lol) hid the dark energy swirling around him and hid his eyes.

His real form was actually very black swirly, like thick black shadows you can't see through, with fleeting hints of movement from his cloak and tool, and very deep dark penetrating eyes.
β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’
π•―π–†π–ˆπ–Žπ–†π–“π–†
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

Yes several times it happened to me, as most of them can shift their appearance. Sometimes it is quite a training for the intuition to recognize who manifested!
Lux
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master

Sysygy wrote: ↑Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:50 am For example... my mananagal appeared to me in an unbuttoned Hawaiian Tshirt and ripped up jeans. My first thought just from appearance was not "vampire" ( or even flying torso from hell πŸ˜†)
This made me smile 8)) x*D Some of mine appeared with over-the-top clothing...it is quite entertaining when they do. lol
cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

Sysygy wrote: ↑Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:50 am For example... my mananagal appeared to me in an unbuttoned Hawaiian Tshirt and ripped up jeans. My first thought just from appearance was not "vampire" ( or even flying torso from hell πŸ˜†)

I also believe they can choose whatever appearance they like and often do so for our comfort or ease.(regardless of descriptions or expectations etc)
TINO FROM MOROCCO :D I actually spit my tea, that is hilarious!! What a personality hahahaha

Yes, I definitely agree, I’d say most, if not all, spirits can alter their appearance (not shapeshifting per se). I suspect that’s actually why my Draugr appears to me as he does; I have always had an affinity for the, well, aesthetic I suppose of Wraiths and beings like them. Though perhaps I gained that affinity because of meeting my Draugr friend at an early age! :D

Return to β€œDark Arts”