new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: a bookstore kitty
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I went through a pretty long period of not really interacting with spirits in my care. I had begun having doubts about their very existence, mixed with a bad depressive episode. I also think a couple of the spirits I had just weren't the most compatible with me. I had five, a vampire, a mermaid, a domovoi, a wraith, and a hag (all from CH). After maybe a year or two I decided I would try to reach out and see if anyone was still here. My vampire and wraith responded immediately. I have tried asking for the other three multiple times and they do not respond. I assume that they have left me for good? I wouldn't blame them and if they no longer wanted stay with me then they can do as they wish. Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do with their vessels?

I have since added a banshee, a succubus, and a hellcat (from different conjurers) to my little family. They've all been great to me and I can't tell you how grateful and surprised I was when my vampire and wraith responded after all that time.

:candle: black phillip, black phillip, a crown grows out his head! :candle:
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

riotlez wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:49 pm I went through a pretty long period of not really interacting with spirits in my care. I had begun having doubts about their very existence, mixed with a bad depressive episode. I also think a couple of the spirits I had just weren't the most compatible with me. I had five, a vampire, a mermaid, a domovoi, a wraith, and a hag (all from CH). After maybe a year or two I decided I would try to reach out and see if anyone was still here. My vampire and wraith responded immediately. I have tried asking for the other three multiple times and they do not respond. I assume that they have left me for good? I wouldn't blame them and if they no longer wanted stay with me then they can do as they wish. Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do with their vessels?

I have since added a banshee, a succubus, and a hellcat (from different conjurers) to my little family. They've all been great to me and I can't tell you how grateful and surprised I was when my vampire and wraith responded after all that time.
With CH bindings my understanding is the spirits will still be with you and they knew what you were going through before.

So it's most likely a block due to uncertainty that's making it hard for you to reconnect.

What you might want to consider is starting the 30 days' daily bonding session again with those you can't yet detect, holding their vessel, and just trust they'll be present.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

riotlez wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:49 pm I went through a pretty long period of not really interacting with spirits in my care. I had begun having doubts about their very existence, mixed with a bad depressive episode. I also think a couple of the spirits I had just weren't the most compatible with me. I had five, a vampire, a mermaid, a domovoi, a wraith, and a hag (all from CH). After maybe a year or two I decided I would try to reach out and see if anyone was still here. My vampire and wraith responded immediately. I have tried asking for the other three multiple times and they do not respond. I assume that they have left me for good? I wouldn't blame them and if they no longer wanted stay with me then they can do as they wish. Has this happened to anyone else? What should I do with their vessels?

Imagine if those spirits were humans. You wouldn't simply call up a long-lost friend and expect them to answer immediately, would you? It's important to put in some effort and reconnect with them as a friend, rather than demanding an instant response.

Before reaching out to them, it might be helpful to address any self-doubt or feelings of depression that may be holding you back. Taking the time to work on these issues and getting yourself into a positive state of mind can greatly improve your interactions with spirits.

Remember, these spirits are bound to you for life. They're not going anywhere. I have complete faith in both Magnolia and Ash when it comes to matching spirits with Keepers. However, it's worth noting that some spirits may naturally be more shy and it might take them some time to open up again. Since they originate from CH, you can reach out to the support team and seek guidance on how to foster a stronger connection with these spirits.

If a spirit doesn't respond after a few attempts, it's far better to explore ways to understand their needs rather than jumping to the conclusion that they have abandoned you.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Kobald
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 31
If I could be anything, I would be...: Any Elemental
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

All in all there is nothing I want to add which would be different what was already said... Working out the issues is the first thing you want to do. It may be that they knew what they were getting into when they agreed to have a binding with you, but I feel it would be a good sign of respect to just tell the personally like... "Hey..there will be time-periods when I wont be in a good state of mind to interact with you... so do not take it personally if I seem dismissive of your existence..."
In my mind..its... they maybe can read the flow of your energy and thus emotions, but most of them wont just read your mind unless you tell them that that is okay.

"See the mist of the world through the curtain"

Return to “Spirit Keeping”