Talk to Me (2022 film)

Votes & reviews of paranormal media including movies, books, poetry, music, etc
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

Part of my practice as a Dionysian involves working with media, viewing relevant media, etc. as he is a god of theatre and theatre factors into a lot of my philosophy. Not that this is super important to posting this, but a little background.

I have viewed many horror/supernatural/occultic/esoteric films in my lifetime and I have favourites but this is not the post for that. *Whispers*: Hereditary, Kenneth Anger's Magic Lantern Cycle, Cocteau's Blood of a Poet..

I just want to say that Talk to Me disturbed me in the right way. By right way I mean that it reminded me of some of my earlier experiences with the spiritual realm, dark chaotic and confusing. I could relate to the grief present in the film and the grief component compounded the horror of what takes place. It is one of those films I would rather not watch ever again. Some people will just find it funny or shocking or creepy at best. I find it deeply unnerving. I would recommend it for that reason - especially to up-and-coming necromancers and mediums who need to be shaken a little.
Yeah it's fun but it's also dismal. Do not watch if you're a depressive personality.
I saw this months ago in theatre but decided to comment on it now - which means it has lived rent-free in my mind.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Now I want to list a bunch of films for you to see how you like it. I will watch it as i love theater depressed or not. I have watched like 5 or 6 different versions of hamlet now because of someone cough.

No I really do think I can list or make a list of films you would actually love. - I am no longer a film lover like i was i dont feel they make them like they use to but my old list i had i would love to share soemtime if i can remember one damn title. the only movie i can think of is the fountain which is not yourstyle i doubt it. it does deal with death and rebirth but maybe not your style. or eyes wide open or it is eyes wide shut that is more of an acult movie that is just down right disturbing which is way more maintream. to me its not half as good as the others in a list i can try to think of.

another genre of movies i love is
fire in the sky
communion
kpax
rings of jupiter

or vampires/angel movies some angel movies are disturbing when the the angels just kill non discreetly but then the directives wanna go into their sexuality its so bizarre.

I can see more reasons me and Dionysian get a long.. along with apollo...... film, sing, music, for we are on the grand stage acting out our parts ;)

I do want to explore my necromancy. this is bizarre you bring this up.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

@madgar29

You might be surprised, I like a variety of movies. Anything by Kubrick has been studied and worked with by me, there is an occultic leaning to his creations - Eyes Wide Shut is one of those. The Shining is another.

I can throw out titles nobody has thought of in years, let alone seen - like The Astronaut's Wife [1999].. now there's a weird one.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:44 pm @madgar29

You might be surprised, I like a variety of movies. Anything by Kubrick has been studied and worked with by me, there is an occultic leaning to his creations - Eyes Wide Shut is one of those. The Shining is another.

I can throw out titles nobody has thought of in years, let alone seen - like The Astronaut's Wife [1999].. now there's a weird one.
Oh, yeah. The Astronaut's Wife. I vaguely remember that one & its weirdness.

Polanksi's The Ninth Gate gets there too, for me.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:44 pm @madgar29

ahhhh. i won't comment on the insight that just came to me from this. :) but that is really SUPER cool. same time. I will not lie, makes me a little spooked by you knowing that lol. like oh *#@! one i dont understand any of it in all reality just the conspiracy outside view of all of that crap. but it can be scary? now i never want vipera to ever be mad at me ever. :P

but you officially gave me movie homework. now to buy it off amazon or to get free version hmmm.... thank you vipera. maybe we can go deeper into movies in a different thread i did not mean to hijack this.

this thread is about TALK TO ME (2022) Sorry.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:29 am
Oh, yeah. The Astronaut's Wife. I vaguely remember that one & its weirdness.

Polanksi's The Ninth Gate gets there too, for me.
I love The Ninth Gate. For those initiated into certain concepts it has a lot of fun 'easter egg' type developments. It's a rewatchable film for me.
madgar29 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:03 am
ahhhh. i won't comment on the insight that just came to me from this. :) but that is really SUPER cool. same time. I will not lie, makes me a little spooked by you knowing that lol. like oh *#@! one i dont understand any of it in all reality just the conspiracy outside view of all of that crap. but it can be scary? now i never want vipera to ever be mad at me ever. :P

but you officially gave me movie homework. now to buy it off amazon or to get free version hmmm.... thank you vipera. maybe we can go deeper into movies in a different thread i did not mean to hijack this.

this thread is about TALK TO ME (2022) Sorry.
You should comment though. I'm not easily offended and like cinema talk. You should be spooked by me. Lol.

Yeah this is a thread addressing Talk to Me, but also any which way that develops.

—Oscar Wilde
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

@vipper ,here comes my silly question...it's this movie is on Netflix? I have to look it up.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

😱 I started watching it last night but then my husband came around and I just gave him the remote. When I watch this kind of movie... rare but I do like it due to its psychic medium themes, I put on the investigation mind and trying to look behind the scenes instead of letting myself get frightened. Yes, there are some horrible looking teenagers in it when they get possessed. As far as I got through watching it. But I am far more interested about the intentions of the producer or film writer creating this this movie. Also, trying to see if its actually that drastic in reality. As I said, it was switched away after 20 minutes into it ... It's on Netflix if anyone is interested.
ASTER wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:23 am @vipper ,here comes my silly question...it's this movie is on Netflix? I have to look it up.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

@Vipera aspis atra I dont know how to analysis talk to me. the brother from the beginning of the movie said they will leave something soemthing? but they didnt leave mia. I always warn people about tricksters. i think its a prime example about tricksters.

i dont think that was ever her mom obviously.

i didnt think she was a bad person but i guess she was a push over. i dont understand why she got so addicted was it because she went over her time and automatically was being influenced?

i like the theme and the hand statue. i wouldnt mind doing that if it was talk to me but let me in i would not do. I guess its what people get for messing with sh*t that shouldnt be messing without. without knowing the responsibility of it.

you said something about eyes wide shut and maybe i read it wrong but eyes wide shut most people i guess may not understand it? but its one of the very few that is scary to me. take aside the sex orgy occult. but its the fact they can do whatever they want tom cruise to me was violated in one of the highest faction. knowing his wife was being taken and having sex blah blh ablh and there was nothing he could even do about it and she said dont even try and when her character it sounds like she is being mind controlled. she doesnt remember. she gets "punished" blah blah blah. it just bugs me. seeing someone u love be messed around with like that for me is worse than seeing myself get messed around with.

like talk to me. when MIA is acting sus ever since the first time and they knew they went over time and they knew what happens when that happened but ignored it like so many red flags. and they dont know where it came from to me the black dude and the i think the girl was a lesbian? i couldnt figure out if it was a guy or a girl the entire movie. lets just say gender neutural person. they were super sus. they knew better they seen what it does but ignored it letting it happen again. but then they freak out? its weird. if i was mia i would have never let him go. sister already said no so i dunno how the hell she over rides that desicion. tiny little things in movie didnt add up but oh well. overall it was a good story.

madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

i like weird blank movies i just watch "T H E M" 2021. I think majority of you will be bored of the movie and just itch your head like wtf was that? lol but i enjoyed it. and the brunette reminds me of you viper :P. dont ask me. like not ALOT just a tiny something of her does. lol. i cant put my finger on it but if i ever do ill let you know what it was. but the brunette was hands down the most interesting character in the move as well. but she was the boss.

or when xfiles did the epaisde of greys and they wake up understanding whatever is going on we can do anything about it. that gave me goosebumps

Return to “Paranormal Media Review”