Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 28
Spelled Number: 66
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:24 pm
Props to you for making your own incense! Your friends will definitely like it since you make them with lots of love. I wish I could make my own, but they get used up so fast! Lol. I already used to use incense sticks before I started on this journey, and now I just need a lot more of them.
Thank you.
I actually find a little can go a long way, I have some blends that are close on ten years old, and the scent changes as they age.
Even though I only use ready-made sticks, and actually have a big stash of about 700, I still want more. But my friends tell me to slow down and use what I have first.
That is a lot of incense sticks! don't even know where or how I would stash that many.
Ready-made ones aren't bad, it mostly depends on the fragrance/scent. Though, be careful with less expensive ones as they can have extra stuff mixed in, which can be less pleasant. It's not about their energy but the extra byproducts in there.

For the type of incense, it really doesn't matter. You can use sticks, cones, powder, whatever you prefer. Some scents might not be their favorite though. Since I don't know what spirits you have, I won't make any suggestions. It's best to involve them and ask about their preferences since it's for them.
Oh I know, I am not po-pooing the sticks. I still use them in the summer months when I can get away with burning incense indoors. If you can get hold of them traditional chinese incense sticks burned in temples/at shrines have a nice slow burn with very little stick waste material left behind at the end. I was once gifted a bundle by two very dear friends and I wish I could get more.

That was the question I had posed. I was curious to see if other folks have spirit friends who, say for example, preferred cones to sticks or grain to Nepalese herbal dhoop ropes, etc or are just indifferent to the medium the scent is delivered in and say like wax melts or essential oils. I am actively working with my spirits to find out what they like best and what they actively dislike. For the most part they like anything I make with a dragons blood base. Fine tuning the individual blends (when I am in incredibly good at forgetting to write things down) takes time and raw materials.

Facilis descencus Averno. Qui non vetat peccare, fluid possit, iubet.
Sine cruce, sine luce, nihil interit. Pulvis et umbra sumus.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Umbra_Arcana wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:00 pm Oh I know, I am not po-pooing the sticks. I still use them in the summer months when I can get away with burning incense indoors. If you can get hold of them traditional chinese incense sticks burned in temples/at shrines have a nice slow burn with very little stick waste material left behind at the end. I was once gifted a bundle by two very dear friends and I wish I could get more.

That was the question I had posed. I was curious to see if other folks have spirit friends who, say for example, preferred cones to sticks or grain to Nepalese herbal dhoop ropes, etc or are just indifferent to the medium the scent is delivered in and say like wax melts or essential oils. I am actively working with my spirits to find out what they like best and what they actively dislike. For the most part they like anything I make with a dragons blood base. Fine tuning the individual blends (when I am in incredibly good at forgetting to write things down) takes time and raw materials.
I have access to a wide variety of incense sticks and cones. However, it is important to note that what you find appealing in terms of scent may not be their favorite.

The specific types of incense do not hold much significance, like I mentioned. I use both cones and sticks interchangeably. The only reason I lean towards sticks is because they are more convenient and take up less space. Additionally, a high-quality incense stick can burn for twice as long as a cone, providing a long-lasting fragrance that can make your entire home smell delightful for nearly two days.

I love using wax melts and exploring various scents. I also use other stuff. They offer me endless possibilities for offerings. To enhance the experience, I also enjoy incorporating perfumes and luxurious bar soaps into my collection. Needless to say, I have quite an assortment. Lol. But every type of material used produces its own unique range of smells, which makes it unnecessary to choose one specific type over another. You can simply use whatever is convenient for you, based on the season or what you have available. Offering from the heart in this way is always the best approach. I hope this information proves helpful.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:51 pm
I have access to a wide variety of incense sticks and cones. However, it is important to note that what you find appealing in terms of scent may not be their favorite.

The specific types of incense do not hold much significance, like I mentioned. I use both cones and sticks interchangeably. The only reason I lean towards sticks is because they are more convenient and take up less space. Additionally, a high-quality incense stick can burn for twice as long as a cone, providing a long-lasting fragrance that can make your entire home smell delightful for nearly two days.

I love using wax melts and exploring various scents. I also use other stuff. They offer me endless possibilities for offerings. To enhance the experience, I also enjoy incorporating perfumes and luxurious bar soaps into my collection. Needless to say, I have quite an assortment. Lol. But every type of material used produces its own unique range of smells, which makes it unnecessary to choose one specific type over another. You can simply use whatever is convenient for you, based on the season or what you have available. Offering from the heart in this way is always the best approach. I hope this information proves helpful.
Oh absolutely, and the reverse is also true for example some of my spirit friends like liquorice and anise, two scents (and the herbs/flavours) that will make me physically sick. I guess compromise is key in situations like this.

I see, I've noticed a lot of lower quality stuff around the shops near me recently, it is disheartening but it's one of those things, if you want quality stuff you have to go looking for it. Aye your information is incredibly helpful. I apologise for being incredibly crap at trying to explain things at times.

Oh gods yes, I used to make my own bubble bath blends (long before I became involved with spirit keeping) and it was so much fun to experiment with the bubble bath carrier and different essential oils, my favourite blend was a rosemary, cypress and sandalwood blend. Sadly, I don't live in a home with a bath tub, and the bubble bath base I loved is no longer manufactures. Though I have been given a recipe for shower steamers. something akin to a bath bomb but designed to fizz in the shower.

I can't get on with max melts personally, I find the scents too strong a lot of the time. Knowing my luck as well, my scatterbrained self would store the wax melts with my encaustic art waxes and try to paint with them. I have done some equally daft things at times in the past...like pick up the wrong mug and take a mouthful of dirty paint water instead of coffee.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Umbra_Arcana wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:27 pm Oh absolutely, and the reverse is also true for example some of my spirit friends like liquorice and anise, two scents (and the herbs/flavours) that will make me physically sick. I guess compromise is key in situations like this.

I see, I've noticed a lot of lower quality stuff around the shops near me recently, it is disheartening but it's one of those things, if you want quality stuff you have to go looking for it. Aye your information is incredibly helpful. I apologise for being incredibly crap at trying to explain things at times.

Oh gods yes, I used to make my own bubble bath blends (long before I became involved with spirit keeping) and it was so much fun to experiment with the bubble bath carrier and different essential oils, my favourite blend was a rosemary, cypress and sandalwood blend. Sadly, I don't live in a home with a bath tub, and the bubble bath base I loved is no longer manufactures. Though I have been given a recipe for shower steamers. something akin to a bath bomb but designed to fizz in the shower.

I can't get on with max melts personally, I find the scents too strong a lot of the time. Knowing my luck as well, my scatterbrained self would store the wax melts with my encaustic art waxes and try to paint with them. I have done some equally daft things at times in the past...like pick up the wrong mug and take a mouthful of dirty paint water instead of coffee.
I completely agree, compromise is indeed the key. I absolutely love incense sticks, cones, and the different scents they bring, along with many other scents that I have available. However, I also have asthma, which makes burning them quite difficult as it often makes my nose feel clogged and affects my breathing. So, unfortunately, I can't indulge in the scent as frequently as I would like. It's a bit of a dilemma. Haha.

Your favorite blends for homemade bubble bath products sound great. I was actually considering trying the shower steamers. While I do have a bathtub, I much prefer showers and rarely use the tub for baths. However, my companions just don't seem to enjoy shower steamers.

I have found that high-quality wax melts aren't overpowering at all. They maintain their scent for a long time, even after you turn off the warmer. Unlike some other products that can flood you with an artificial and overly strong scent. I have containers to store my wax melts since I have quite a variety of scents, and each one has its own dedicated container. This way, I can easily switch between scents without needing to clean up each time. It seems like wax melts may not be your cup of tea. Haha. At least now you won't accidentally choose the wrong kind of wax next time!

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Umbra_Arcana
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:04 am
I completely agree, compromise is indeed the key. I absolutely love incense sticks, cones, and the different scents they bring, along with many other scents that I have available. However, I also have asthma, which makes burning them quite difficult as it often makes my nose feel clogged and affects my breathing. So, unfortunately, I can't indulge in the scent as frequently as I would like. It's a bit of a dilemma. Haha.

Your favorite blends for homemade bubble bath products sound great. I was actually considering trying the shower steamers. While I do have a bathtub, I much prefer showers and rarely use the tub for baths. However, my companions just don't seem to enjoy shower steamers.

I have found that high-quality wax melts aren't overpowering at all. They maintain their scent for a long time, even after you turn off the warmer. Unlike some other products that can flood you with an artificial and overly strong scent. I have containers to store my wax melts since I have quite a variety of scents, and each one has its own dedicated container. This way, I can easily switch between scents without needing to clean up each time. It seems like wax melts may not be your cup of tea. Haha. At least now you won't accidentally choose the wrong kind of wax next time!
Oooofff while I don't have asthma I can relate to having breathing troubles, chronic rhinitis and a narrowed nasopharynx in my case, gotta love genetic defects. (I find it cathartic to laugh at my hereditary and genetic defects)

I really miss making and using them. Perhaps I'll get the chance to again in the future. I have a love of woody earthy, green, balsamic and some citrus scents. (Except patchouli, I don't get on with that scent all that well). Much more than I do florals and I really don't like sickly sweet and saccharine scents.

Oh right, they sound like a sort of melt I might actually enjoy. One type of wax 'melt' I do use. I do nearly all of my workings with beeswax candles. When my home is warm enough there is a subtle scent of beeswax right the way through thanks to my stash of beeswax candles. Other advantage to beeswax candles, I source them locally so I'm supporting local beekeepers.

I think I know the type you mean, I've seen them being advertised in a few places. Too expensive an experiment for my liking through, especially if it turns out that I still can't get on with wax melts.

My Keep
21 Dragons
2 Bakeneko
2 Domovoi
1 Cat Sidhe
1 Troll Cat
1 Volkh

.... and growing <3

Return to “General Questions”