The Purple Presence... what exactly is it?

mushaboom
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: wren ambrose
Zodiac:

Hello all.
So it's been a while since I've been able to see spirits. I think at some point in my childhood I just got really scared and closed myself off from it. But... more recently I've been having some notable experiences. One that I wanted to seek input from you all on is what I call the purple presence. I'm not a complete newbie but I don't know nearly as much as most people on here so I'm curious what you all think. I'll try my best to describe what I see but it's difficult to put into words. Every time I've searched online no one describes what I am really seeing.
Essentially, it's a vibrant purple glow that appears at any time in almost any place, mostly in my bedroom where I spend most of my time. I was pet sitting for a friend at their house and it followed me there too though. It's not spots or orbs, it's like a glow. It takes different shapes, it often moves around the shape of objects. I often see it when I'm in distress, crying, feeling a lot, thinking a lot. But I see it pretty much all day. It will appear almost anywhere like I said, it may start in my curtains but it'll move gracefully about the space. Intuitively, it's felt like angelic presence offering support and care.
Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Wren c:

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I don't think any of us can say for sure, or could improve on your own assessment. It does seem like a personal experience, rather than a standard one known widely.

I'm tempted to speculate but not sure that would be at all useful. I do have some thoughts though.

It reads like you perceive this purple glow as being outside of you, although maybe it's seen via your third eye vision. Visuals can be so personal and also vary greatly from person to person, depending on things like their mental & physical makeup. Previous experiences can affect what we perceive too.

With that in mind I'm wondering...if you want to answer...

Have you ever taken psychotropic drugs? If so, what end of the colour spectrum did you tend to see? Have you seen auras etc or other forms of 'spiritual' light, due to meditation, before? If so, have you ever seen purple light? Did you ever experience synesthesia when younger (without the aid of psychotropics)? Have you ever noticed that effect when you've been looking at something for a long time then, when you turn your gaze away, you get a block of light the same shape that stays in front of your eyes for a while? If so, has that ever happened with a purple background, causing a purple light shape?

In other words, could it be that your system has become attuned to purple light in any way, or has a tendency to see purple light, given the chance?

You probably know this...

In general, purple is often associated with spirituality and the crown chakra, with royalty (eg Roman Emperors) and with religious leaders (eg the Pope's robe and the robe Jesus was buried in, according to some bible verses). Purple also used to be the most expensive colour to dye robes in ancient times. It's at the blue /violet / indigo end of the spectrum (red /orange being at the other, as in the colours of the rainbow), so it kind of relates to higher frequencies. Sometimes appearances of spirits have been accompanied by the smell of violets (purple).

I don't feel like it would be right for me to say what I think you did or didn't experience. Sorry if that seems unhelpful.

It does makes sense to me that you associate what you experience with a spiritual presence.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Whyme
active contributor
active contributor
Spelled Number: 1
Zodiac:

I'm basing my response from personal experience.

I had made a black scrying mirror. When I began practicing with it, I kept seeing a purple mist. According to what I read online, I was supposed to see a grey mist, when I gazed at the mirror, instead of purple. It took me awhile to figure out that purple mist indicated the presence of a jinni.

Moving on to a bit of advice that you can do whatever you want with it.

Now I'm not saying that you're being followed by a jinni but it can happen. I suppose you could use your favourite divination method and/or meditate about what you're seeing. If your third eye is developed well enough, it does work even with your physical eyes open and you're wide awake.

Good luck in solving your little mystery.

Life is more amazing when enriched with spirits. <3
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

It's very rare for me to see Orbs. Because I see spirit in their natural form. But some of my Angelics , Dragons and creatures like my unicorn did bring on a violent purplish type of colour 💫 orbs. None of them hanging around though due days. I can see through dimensions with my open eyes. I know, if it's a spirit or a living entity, it'll be only quick manifestation.

On the other hand, if it's an energy of some sort, that can lingering on and be visible as you say it. @Lewk is right on it. If it's a psychic energy that you produce, due to your development, that can be visible by coming from yourself and not from a spirit.

This is my intuitive answer based on my experience with phenomenons. I think, you'll have your answers in due time.
Test it by cleansing and protection. If it's remaining, it's comes with love and light is its a spirit. But I think it's your own projections, psychic energy.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

mushaboom
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:21 am
Have you ever taken psychotropic drugs? If so, what end of the colour spectrum did you tend to see? Have you seen auras etc or other forms of 'spiritual' light, due to meditation, before? If so, have you ever seen purple light? Did you ever experience synesthesia when younger (without the aid of psychotropics)? Have you ever noticed that effect when you've been looking at something for a long time then, when you turn your gaze away, you get a block of light the same shape that stays in front of your eyes for a while? If so, has that ever happened with a purple background, causing a purple light shape?

In other words, could it be that your system has become attuned to purple light in any way, or has a tendency to see purple light, given the chance?
Thank you for your comment. I've not taken mood stabilizers before, no synesthesia either (though i wish). But I definitely have seen other forms of light. I've always experienced what I'll call "trippy" visuals while sober (especially with my eyes closed) including when I was a kid. A couple years ago I would see what I'm seeing now in yellow but it wasn't as intense and I had to be in a semi-meditative state, whereas now I see it all day no matter what my mind is doing. I've also noticed that effect you mentioned with the lingering blocks of light. I don't know that I remember seeing purple, certainly never like I have been lately. Maybe subtly during a ritual where I used a purple candle. Actually... I'm remembering maybe a couple times in meditation when I was really concentrating on the crown. But again, it hasn't been a major theme so far.
Ultimately, I don't know if i can say for sure yet what the source is but I really enjoyed your take!

mushaboom
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Whyme wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:23 pm
Now I'm not saying that you're being followed by a jinni but it can happen. I suppose you could use your favourite divination method and/or meditate about what you're seeing. If your third eye is developed well enough, it does work even with your physical eyes open and you're wide awake.

Good luck in solving your little mystery.
That's quite neat that you were being followed! I think I will do some divination and meditate on it. This was my first time really questioning it. I was just enjoying the experience up until now. Thanks for your comment! Everyone's input has me growing more curious.

mushaboom
new here
new here
Zodiac:

ASTER wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:57 pm
This is my intuitive answer based on my experience with phenomenons. I think, you'll have your answers in due time.
Test it by cleansing and protection. If it's remaining, it's comes with love and light is its a spirit. But I think it's your own projections, psychic energy.
I think you and Lewk could very well be right. I agree with you that I'll likely know for sure in due time. Thanks a lot for your input.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

mushaboom wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:05 am [...]A couple years ago I would see what I'm seeing now in yellow but it wasn't as intense and I had to be in a semi-meditative state, whereas now I see it all day no matter what my mind is doing. I've also noticed that effect you mentioned with the lingering blocks of light. I don't know that I remember seeing purple, certainly never like I have been lately. Maybe subtly during a ritual where I used a purple candle. Actually... I'm remembering maybe a couple times in meditation when I was really concentrating on the crown. But again, it hasn't been a major theme so far.
Ultimately, I don't know if i can say for sure yet what the source is but I really enjoyed your take!
You're welcome.

I'm still not saying I know what you experienced or that it's not a spirit visitation. Out of interest, did you know that yellow and purple are what's called complementary colours of each other?

See https://artprof.org/learn/fundamentals/ ... le-yellow/

The Golden Dawn assigned 4 sets of complementary colours to the 4 elements, which may be familiar to those who have done the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. Yellow & purple were assigned to the air element and as the colours of the Archangel Raphael's robes in the LBRP.

(Fire is red/green; water is blue/orange; & earth is a complex 4 colours...black + 3 kind of luminous colours: citrine, russet & olive green.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchtower_(magic)

Purple is also the colour of the fifth element of akasha, in Franz Bardon's hermetics system. I think it's coincidental that Terry Pratchett made purple the Colour of Magic. (I feel sure I read in a book by one of the big names in chaos magic that they followed Terry Pratchett's lead and adopted purple as the colour of magic too. If requested, I could try and dig out a reference.)

That's me all purpled out now.

find it again.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I'd like to correct one of my last statements. In fact, although Peter J Carroll did borrow heavily from Terry Pratchett, see especially his book The Octavo, the colour of magic for both Pratchett & Caroll was Octarine, not purple. (Oops.)

find it again.
mushaboom
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Lewk wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:13 am
You're welcome.

I'm still not saying I know what you experienced or that it's not a spirit visitation. Out of interest, did you know that yellow and purple are what's called complementary colours of each other?

See https://artprof.org/learn/fundamentals/ ... le-yellow/

The Golden Dawn assigned 4 sets of complementary colours to the 4 elements, which may be familiar to those who have done the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. Yellow & purple were assigned to the air element and as the colours of the Archangel Raphael's robes in the LBRP.

(Fire is red/green; water is blue/orange; & earth is a complex 4 colours...black + 3 kind of luminous colours: citrine, russet & olive green.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchtower_(magic)

Purple is also the colour of the fifth element of akasha, in Franz Bardon's hermetics system. I think it's coincidental that Terry Pratchett made purple the Colour of Magic. (I feel sure I read in a book by one of the big names in chaos magic that they followed Terry Pratchett's lead and adopted purple as the colour of magic too. If requested, I could try and dig out a reference.)

That's me all purpled out now.
i actually forgot that purple and yellow were complementary! That's so interesting, so is what you say about the Golden Dawn and colors relating to the elements. This validates an experience I had during a reiki session where I kept seeing black when concentrating on the trees around me and blue and orange when concentrating on a nearby pond. I guess i've had more experiences with color visuals than i recalled before posting this. Thanks for stimulating my memory and mind with all this purple talk!

Since i've been more proactively analyzing it the purple light has felt more internally connected, like it really feels controlled by my own focus so I think it very well could be my own manifestation. My astrological transits point to a strong increase in psychic development and spirituality in general so it makes a lot of sense to me that these visuals have grown so intense recently.

Thanks again for your insight.

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”