Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Following on from the recent LBRP thread discussion, I thought I'd mention this other Golden Dawn protection rite - which I like very much.

The original version is in Israel Regardie's The Golden Dawn. I have the one published by Llewellyn Books, 2005. The text and diagrams from that are reproduced faithfully here... https://hermetics.org/Rose-Cross.html

The benefits are described as:

"1. It encloses the aura with a protection against outside influences. It is like a veil. The Pentagrams protect, but they also light up the astral and make entities aware of you. They are more positive for magical working. When much distracted, use the Pentagrams to banish and the Rose-cross to maintain peace. "

and

"5. It is a protection against psychic invasion from the thoughts of others or from disturbed psychic conditions, such as there might be in a place charged with fear, where terrible things had happened. "

I'm going to recommend a very slightly improved version produced by the long experienced, leading British occultist Frater Marabas, alias Chris Bray, of the Sorcerer's Apprentice. That physical and mail order shop started in 1975. Its website still offers digitised occult exercises for sale quite cheaply.

The OEXP34 Ritual of the Rose Cross that I'm referencing can be found here...
http://www.sorcerers-apprentice.co.uk/ ... htm#index2

To avoid plagiarism, as it's still available for sale, I won't post the full thing here.

Main points are:
- it's in a form any beginner can use; (you won't have to reach the relevant GD grade first)
- a candle is first placed somewhere in the East;
- a rose incense stick is used;
- how to draw the crosses is explained in more detail;
- Step 11, 'the four Tablet of Union Names' are substituted with other names contained within the rite; (I think this is maybe as learning how to work with those 4 names comes well after the novitiate step).

tl/dr: despite my being unable to post in full my favourite version of The Ritual of The Rose Cross, I hope this post will be of interest to some Forum members.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

I forgot to mention that the SA version of the Ritual of The Rose Cross also details how to visualise & work with the descending light in the final step. I assume that most Golden Dawn initiates were not trained up on such details until well after the beginner stage. That may explain why it's not so widely known and practiced as the novitiate rites like LBRP & LIRP.

By the way, I did read a persuasively argued article whose author discovered via research that in the early days of the Golden Dawn they may well have taught the Lesser Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram (not the LBRP) to absolute beginners in order to help them from the get-go.

In any case, the LBRP has been the main Golden Dawn-origin go-to protection tool for a very long time now - and it can be used by anyone. One (minor?) drawback is it lights up on the astral planes, which the ROTRC does not, apparently.

Plus - the only beginner-friendly version of the ROTRC that I know isn't copyright free. It's available from one place at a small fee. I've been a customer of that occult store since the early 1980s (but I don't benefit in any way from sales there).

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Thanks for posting this Lewk, great to keep in our protection arsenal. O^

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Return to “PROTECTION”