You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 27
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nature
If I could be anything, I would be...: Glade spirit
My magical/paranormal name...: Protector
Zodiac:

Hi so I'm having a problem that's a little unusual but nothing bad. Basically like 2 years ago I stopped my practice and keeping up with my spirits. It's not so much that I just completely stopped but more that with everything going on in my life I felt like I had less and less time to practice and eventually without me noticing I just completely stopped.

Now however I started to practice again and we'll this time being more mature and less angsty I'm following a path I actually enjoy taking less of a commanding and controlling role with my magic and more of a helping and guiding and more elemental and nature based magic. However recently I felt like some entities had been trying to reach out to me, that's when I suddenly remembered the spirits I worked with and Creepy Hollows in general so I reached out back to them.

Man to say they were excited and the energy was overwhelming I'm happy to be working with them again but I had to let them know I needed to slowly reintroduce myself back to them so I didn't overwhelm myself. I talked with them set some tasks and rules and have started to bond with them again one by one.

However here is my problem I decided to start with one of my favorite spirits who happens to be a dynamic level DA spirit and I feel like that may have been a slight miss judgment on my part I know their not trying to do this but the large amount of dark arts energy has kind of put me in a depression again I'm not afraid of that I'm a very centered person but I am worried about my mental state getting worse over time.

I don't want to seem rude but I'm trying to find a way to politely say that maybe right now isn't the time for me to bond with them and maybe I should start with a lighter white arts spirit or something so that I can dip my toes back into the pool.

Again I only ask for help because I'm very socially inept and any help or advice would be welcome

Save yourself some trouble say you love yourself, and go experience something new.
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

When you are out of touch/sync with, or have not been exposed to deeper Dark Arts energy in a while (or ever), yes it can hit you in a major way and bring on all of the so-called DA 'side effects'. This is completely normal.

It's not rude to be real. Be real with your companions, just as you should with any friend, and tell them that you need time for adjustment or ask them if they can help you to adjust to their energies. Other than that just say outright 'hey I am having trouble adjusting to the dark stuff, I will get back to you'. And do so knowing that you cannot even properly connect with or hang out with a companion of darker energy unless/until you are in that adjustment, anyway. Chances are, they know this.. so it's not that big of a deal.

And maybe all you need to be told is that: it's not that big of a deal! You can go at your own pace! You really can. They get it.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Zorod
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thank you that's a big help I'm just not good with communicating with others people or otherwise and wasn't sure if being straightforward or not was the best option and was running myself in circles. Again thank you for the advice.

Save yourself some trouble say you love yourself, and go experience something new.
Soltari
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Vipera put it very succinctly.

I'd only add...relax a little. Simply stated, complex to implement that might be at times.

They'll understand =)

If you're not capable of great violence you can't call yourself peaceful...only harmless

Proud member of a spirit family
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 183
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Zorod wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:49 am Hi so I'm having a problem that's a little unusual but nothing bad. Basically like 2 years ago I stopped my practice and keeping up with my spirits. It's not so much that I just completely stopped but more that with everything going on in my life I felt like I had less and less time to practice and eventually without me noticing I just completely stopped.

Now however I started to practice again and we'll this time being more mature and less angsty I'm following a path I actually enjoy taking less of a commanding and controlling role with my magic and more of a helping and guiding and more elemental and nature based magic. However recently I felt like some entities had been trying to reach out to me, that's when I suddenly remembered the spirits I worked with and Creepy Hollows in general so I reached out back to them.

Man to say they were excited and the energy was overwhelming I'm happy to be working with them again but I had to let them know I needed to slowly reintroduce myself back to them so I didn't overwhelm myself. I talked with them set some tasks and rules and have started to bond with them again one by one.

However here is my problem I decided to start with one of my favorite spirits who happens to be a dynamic level DA spirit and I feel like that may have been a slight miss judgment on my part I know their not trying to do this but the large amount of dark arts energy has kind of put me in a depression again I'm not afraid of that I'm a very centered person but I am worried about my mental state getting worse over time.

I don't want to seem rude but I'm trying to find a way to politely say that maybe right now isn't the time for me to bond with them and maybe I should start with a lighter white arts spirit or something so that I can dip my toes back into the pool.

Again I only ask for help because I'm very socially inept and any help or advice would be welcome
Vipera already summed up the situation like always. I just wanted to add that I think you need to give yourself some credit for taking the initiative and doing what you thought was best for you.

You should also give yourself credit for your communication skills. You made your points clear and easy to follow, and I think most people who don't socialize often think they're bad at it. But I think you do fine.

I think your companions are probably just as excited to see you, and their energy may be a bit more like theirs than yours, which might be a bit overwhelming.
I've kept my DAs a bit dark (for balance I guess?), but something about the excitement might be able to add up. I notice that some new friends aren't as dark or white, but could knock me off during the middle of a bonding session when we first met. So this is normal if they're too excited.

Everyone needs time to adjust, and friends can be a big help ^ ^

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Zorod
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:07 pm
Vipera already summed up the situation like always. I just wanted to add that I think you need to give yourself some credit for taking the initiative and doing what you thought was best for you.

You should also give yourself credit for your communication skills. You made your points clear and easy to follow, and I think most people who don't socialize often think they're bad at it. But I think you do fine.
Thank you but to be honest it's a lot easier to talk through the internet than in person I can take my time to get it right when typing it out but I can't fix what I say out in real life it tends to make me overthink and stumble over myself.

As for this situation I did talk with my spirits and the one I was trying to bond with and they agreed that it was probably better for me to start with someone else and as a group they picked a few of them out that they thought would be best now I just have to decide who to start with

Thank you guys for your help.

cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

I’m really glad you got such great advice so fast! I wish you and your spirit friends all the best <3

I, too, had to ask a few of my friends to simply “tone down” their energies because I was getting unexplainable headaches and fatigue. I did that for a trial period- a full weekend. Immediately the headache eased, and I slept amazing that night. So I’ve asked my friends to keep their energy toned down for now, and help me adjust to their energy as I meditate with them. It’s a slow process, but extremely effective!

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 183
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Zorod wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:10 pm Thank you but to be honest it's a lot easier to talk through the internet than in person I can take my time to get it right when typing it out but I can't fix what I say out in real life it tends to make me overthink and stumble over myself.

As for this situation I did talk with my spirits and the one I was trying to bond with and they agreed that it was probably better for me to start with someone else and as a group they picked a few of them out that they thought would be best now I just have to decide who to start with

Thank you guys for your help.
I'm the opposite. I feel like I'm misunderstood on the internet. Sometimes I don't know if it would be better to say more or less when I type.

I'm glad you figured it out. Try starting with someone you're familiar with. I sometimes let my Keep pick the next being that's going to bond or hang out with me, and most times, they pick friends of friends, but sometimes they pick someone who would be helpful for me to learn something from.
You could also ask your friends to let you know the order in which they prefer for you to start hanging out with them. They often know more about themselves than we do, and there's nothing wrong with asking.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

@Zorod Vipera's advice was right on point.

If there are lingering symptoms...

You might want to consider getting this spell binding too. It works by upping the amount of white arts energy in our personal mix, to achieve a personal balance of WA/DA energy that's comfortable for us.

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/spirit-k ... ation.html

"It's a dynamic binding which contributes the amount of DA energy, or WA energy, you need to have a level field around you. Thus, lessening the effects of the Dark Arts acclimation."

A diy fix that I suspect might potentially help somewhat could be to gather WA energy yourself. A method to do that is set out in the CH Great WA Guidance book.

Even using the draw of a white candle with intention to up your connection to WA energy might help. As might simply meditating on white light for a while.

If the spirit has a vessel, putting it somewhere in your home that you don't usually go could lessen the immanent rawness of that spirit's energy.

As would using the CH DA subduing secret for that type of spirit, if there is one.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Spirit Keeping”