TheAncientCovenant etsy shop

Talk about your fav or not so fav auctions and listings
cleo-young-forever
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process

Has anyone got any spirit companion from this shop?

AureliaSanguine
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Siren
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aurelia Sanguine
Zodiac:

Boosting as I have questions too. I did reach out to them directly to ask about their vetting and they refused to disclose anything to anyone outside of their coven.

She/Her

1 Dragon Shifter
1 Lycan
1 Naga
1 Ifrit Djinn
1 Minotaur
1 Drow
1 Merman
1 Shadow Demon
1 Hellhound
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

AureliaSanguine wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:28 pm Boosting as I have questions too. I did reach out to them directly to ask about their vetting and they refused to disclose anything to anyone outside of their coven.
Refusing to answer questions is usually seen as a red flag here.

This a good thread that suggests good questions to ask any conjurer/seller. They're reasonable questions & a reasonable, genuine conjurer ought to be able and willing to answer them.

topic49544.html

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Agreed red flag. if they dont want to inform me on their practices that I am interested in buying. I no longer have an interest in their practices. super shady. your not asking for their trade secrets.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
AureliaSanguine
new here
new here
Zodiac:

madgar29 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:52 pm Agreed red flag. if they dont want to inform me on their practices that I am interested in buying. I no longer have an interest in their practices. super shady. your not asking for their trade secrets.
This is what I was thinking. I am quite new in the grand scheme of things and have only bought my companions from one seller so far, so I'm not up to scratch on how sellers usually navigate things; but I just wanted to know the vetting times, really. I couldn't find anything about how long an order takes anywhere on their Etsy.

She/Her

1 Dragon Shifter
1 Lycan
1 Naga
1 Ifrit Djinn
1 Minotaur
1 Drow
1 Merman
1 Shadow Demon
1 Hellhound
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

AureliaSanguine wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:31 pm This is what I was thinking. I am quite new in the grand scheme of things and have only bought my companions from one seller so far, so I'm not up to scratch on how sellers usually navigate things; but I just wanted to know the vetting times, really. I couldn't find anything about how long an order takes anywhere on their Etsy.
In my opinion, the process of vetting is a deeply personal one for each and every conjurer out there. Even if they are summoning the same being - let's say a Unicorn for example - each conjurer will bring forth a completely unique Unicorn with their own distinct personality and their connection with you. It's not as if all Unicorns will have the same personality traits. Most conjurers tend to keep this information under wraps, which can make it difficult for potential buyers to assess their vetting process accurately.

Just because a conjurer gives you a thorough rundown of their vetting process, it doesn't necessarily mean they are legitimate. It could simply mean that they are good at customer service. Unfortunately, there have been instances where people have been scammed in this way. The conjurer may answer all your questions during the initial phase, but as soon as the honeymoon period is over, they disappear without a trace. This is why it's vital to exercise caution and not fall prey to such schemes.

That being said, if you ask a question such as "how long will the vetting process take?" Any good seller will be able to provide you with an estimated timeline. This way, you can decide if the waiting time works for you or not.

In my experience, the seller in question has been unresponsive to my queries. I didn't ask anything too probing about their vetting process or anything like that. All I wanted to know was where the being comes from and about the bonding, as the listing seemed more like a servitor.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
AureliaSanguine
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Oh yes, I've fallen victim to it. I should've clarified I only buy from one seller who in my eyes is legit, I have bought from scam artists before.

It's just stupid though, in my opinion. I'm not asking for you to teach me your vetting process or to teach me how to conjure, I just want to know the timeframe, preferably but not mandatory the protections they use for themselves, the spirit and the buyer, and also how they match spirits up with customers. I feel like they're completely fair things to ask as a buyer; especially in such a niche community.

She/Her

1 Dragon Shifter
1 Lycan
1 Naga
1 Ifrit Djinn
1 Minotaur
1 Drow
1 Merman
1 Shadow Demon
1 Hellhound
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

AureliaSanguine wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:31 pm
madgar29 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:52 pm Agreed red flag. if they dont want to inform me on their practices that I am interested in buying. I no longer have an interest in their practices. super shady. your not asking for their trade secrets.
This is what I was thinking. I am quite new in the grand scheme of things and have only bought my companions from one seller so far, so I'm not up to scratch on how sellers usually navigate things; but I just wanted to know the vetting times, really. I couldn't find anything about how long an order takes anywhere on their Etsy.
Timescales vary from one seller to another, as their practices & methods differ and they're often not doing it full time. Btw it's important to double check whether a seller is reliable. (See 9 Things You're Doing Wrong as a Spirit Keeper in the Encyclopedia.)

It may help to summarise how I think CH do things, in terms of timescales, including vetting.

CH have said previously ( I think it was Magnolia, in an older thread) they sort of save up conjurations in batches: so they'll typically conjure all orders for the same type of being in the same session. So orders aren't all done in strict date order. They have a very high volume of purchases, so it makes sense. Most other sellers probably wouldn't need to.

In a different thread, which has been active in the last couple of days, Magnolia explained that CH 'vetting' is done via the way they conjure, at least to some extent. Firstly, the conjuration will not be a wide open one. By using an expert, targeted conjuration, only suitable companions will come through - not malicious or unsuitable spirits. Secondly, by customising the conjuration to the specific person and their needs, this also ensures the right ones for that person come through.

I'm not sure but I suspect CH conjuration methods may have evolved during the 15 years since that radio interview. I'm also guessing Magnolia & ASH's expertise and power levels have grown substantially too. Whether or not they previously kept spirits hanging around for a week or two to check whether they were safe and suitable for a keeper, I don't think this is part of how CH operates at the moment.

There's at least one other seller that I think also doesn't do this. I go by the timescales between placing an order and getting a binding done by the conjurer.

There are some protected diy invocations & conjurations both in the Forum and some of the CH books that bring forth spirit companions that are as suitable for the prospective keeper as the ones CH conjure. (We will be conjuring with a lower class of personal power, though. In any case, there are CH items we can use to upgrade a binding we've done ourselves, via CH materials or items.)

I've done dozens of diy conjuration and bindings now, with CH items & books. They're all virtually instantaneous - ie it happens in seconds at the most. And the being that comes through is both safe and suitable as a companion. They've been pre-vetted by the conjuration method, you could say.

So I guess that CH (Magnolia & ASH) may do conjurations similarly. If that's so, they aren't bringing through loads of spirits, then taking a week or two to decide whether they pass muster. With the massive number of orders they must get, that'd be impractical.

If I remember correctly, at least one very longstanding Forum member has said the same thing.

I'm not sure which reputable, competent, experienced sellers actually use that extended individual vetting of conjured beings. But I only buy from 2 now (CH and MMT), who I believe don't.

I guess we need to ask each seller about their timescales and vetting.
Last edited by Lewk on Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

find it again.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

double post

find it again.
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

AureliaSanguine wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:49 pm Oh yes, I've fallen victim to it. I should've clarified I only buy from one seller who in my eyes is legit, I have bought from scam artists before.

It's just stupid though, in my opinion. I'm not asking for you to teach me your vetting process or to teach me how to conjure, I just want to know the timeframe, preferably but not mandatory the protections they use for themselves, the spirit and the buyer, and also how they match spirits up with customers. I feel like they're completely fair things to ask as a buyer; especially in such a niche community.
When it comes to the trade secrets of sellers, it's best to let them keep their cards close to their chests. While a good seller should be transparent about how long it takes for the vetting process, anything else is up to their discretion. They may choose to share more information with you (very unlikely, and if it is, it'll be very short), but it's ultimately up to them.

As for how conjurers match spirits to their customers, that's also up to their individual approach. It's a process that requires trust from the buyer, much like purchasing steak from the supermarket. Sure, you could ask which cow was butchered and where it came from, but ultimately it's about finding a reputable seller and trusting their process.

If you've had bad experiences in the past, it's understandable to have a lot of questions. Just keep in mind that asking too many in-depth questions about their business practices may not get you the answers you're looking for. Instead, consider buying from reputable sellers like CH to ensure you're getting a quality binding.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “eBay/Etsy/Bonanaza/Website Auctions & Listings”