Is there anything wrong with gifting vessels to friends?

jonmen1995
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: None
If I could be anything, I would be...: Seraph?
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: None

I have accumulated some jewelry sold as vessels with my orders. I know a friend wants one of my bracelets and after mentioning it to my family, my sisters mentioned wanting a few vessels as well. I received freebies with both orders so I have too much excess jewelry lying around and would be happy to give them as gifts. Plus that’s all they’ve specified they want for Christmas, and I’m bad at picking gifts.

Is there any harm in gifting them?

I strongly feel the answer is “no”, but some were for dark arts and my sisters asked me to check the forum.

I feel like it should be fine based on what I’ve read about people losing their vessels. I was browsing earlier and someone mentioned that many keepers end up losing the vessels and it doesn’t matter, so I see no harm in gifting them.

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I don’t see it as an issue, as long as they are aware that the vessels are enchanted.

Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

I think if the vessels are only enchanted with spells and those spells are safe then it should be fine. If those vessels have spirit bounded to them then I think you should ask the spirit first before you gifted the vessels.

jonmen1995
new here
new here

This is my third try replying. I keep getting signed out? Short answer: friends/family know their initial purpose (to be a vessel), the spells won’t work without words, and the spirits are fine with it since they never use them.

Also, I’ll show this thread to them since they asked me to make one.

Thanks for the input!
Last edited by jonmen1995 on Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I try to give a meaningful answer here, why not to give any CH vessel away unless they have been bridged to a person getting them.

It will work, if it’s requested to be bridged, to your friend by name and date of birth at the time when you added the freebies into your cart.

I have sent freebies without a vessel to family members this way.
The same goes with spirits too, and avoid disappointment for both.

If you have items numbers handy for those jewellery that you have in mind, and want to give them away , you might like to ask CH to cross bridge them to your friends as well as it will stays active with you too. That way, especially your spirit companions can be shared.

If you check out ‘cross bridging‘ in the CH encyclopaedia , you might like to try it yourself reading after the instruction you have find there.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

jonmen1995 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:07 pm This is my third try replying. I keep getting signed out? Short answer: friends/family know their initial purpose (to be a vessel), the spells won’t work without words, and the spirits are fine with it since they never use them.

Also, I’ll show this thread to them since they asked me to make one.

Thanks for the input!
I may be rehashing what others have said but to me...

- It's not completely clear to me from what you said if any of these are spirit binding vessels. If so, the spirit(s) may have been conjured and bound specifically to be a companion for you. Simply passing the vessel onto someone else would go against that, as they had not agreed to be someone else's companion. (To me that shouldn't be done.) If that's irrelevant, I apologise.

- Even with spells, I think you'd be best asking the seller concerned, as we don't know what you've got, ie what the seller has put on the vessels or how they did the work; whether they have been customised so as to only work for you or are designed to be capable of being passed on etc.

- Clearly, if they're from more than one seller the answers to each of those questions may be very different.

- Even if they're from the same seller, different pieces may be designed in paranormally different ways.

So I recommend asking the seller, rather than us. I hope that makes sense.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

jonmen1995 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:32 pm I have accumulated some jewelry sold as vessels with my orders. I know a friend wants one of my bracelets and after mentioning it to my family, my sisters mentioned wanting a few vessels as well. I received freebies with both orders so I have too much excess jewelry lying around and would be happy to give them as gifts. Plus that’s all they’ve specified they want for Christmas, and I’m bad at picking gifts.

Is there any harm in gifting them?

I strongly feel the answer is “no”, but some were for dark arts and my sisters asked me to check the forum.

I feel like it should be fine based on what I’ve read about people losing their vessels. I was browsing earlier and someone mentioned that many keepers end up losing the vessels and it doesn’t matter, so I see no harm in gifting them.
I don't think there's anything wrong with giving vessels to your friends.
The only thing is that one that has a spirit bound to it, regarding Dark Arts or White Arts. Ask the conjurer or seller if the spirit agrees with the new Keeper, and ask your friend if he or she would be okay with said spirit when receiving the vessel.
As for spells, if they're bound or bridged to you in any way, the spells won't work on your friends, but still be cool accessories.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
jonmen1995
new here
new here

None of the vessels contain spirits. And my friends/sisters just like the jewelry. They have no interest in the spirits.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

jonmen1995 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:01 pm None of the vessels contain spirits. And my friends/sisters just like the jewelry. They have no interest in the spirits.
Your answers conflict, so I'm not sure how to proceed. As long as you don't give the vessels that bound to any spirits, it's fine. Even if your friends aren't interested in any spirits but if you happen to give them those vessels with the spirits, it won't be good to you as it won't be good to the spirits.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Darknorth
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
Zodiac:

To confirm, the vessels only have spells bounded to them, correct? If so, then that is depending on what kind of spells are bounded to the vessels and who did the binding. Many CH spells act intuitively and don't require keywords or invocation which means whoever has the vessels can activate the spells bounded to the vessels without knowing. Lisa from MMT said that her spells are activated as long as someone is holding the vessel, regardless of who was the original owner.

Return to “General Questions”