You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Deerfolk
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unhindered
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Bit of an off question, but I want to ask of anyone who has Deerfolk companions--are they perhaps a bit busy working in fields this time of year? Perhaps flower fields, in harvest or prepping? To be even narrower, Peruvian Lillies?

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

mcm442 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:58 pm Bit of an off question, but I want to ask of anyone who has Deerfolk companions--are they perhaps a bit busy working in fields this time of year? Perhaps flower fields, in harvest or prepping? To be even narrower, Peruvian Lillies?
They might not be farmers or work in flower fields, and I'm unsure about the connection to Deerfolk.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:28 am
mcm442 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:58 pm Bit of an off question, but I want to ask of anyone who has Deerfolk companions--are they perhaps a bit busy working in fields this time of year? Perhaps flower fields, in harvest or prepping? To be even narrower, Peruvian Lillies?
They might not be farmers or work in flower fields, and I'm unsure about the connection to Deerfolk.
I've not found much information for Deerfolk, other than a couple mythos from Native Americans and Scandinavia. Anything game/dnd related I'm ignoring. Still trying to learn as much as I can, and hoping to scrape more knowledge from others experience.

If it wasn't for the fact that she identified herself as such with the conjuror, I'd actually say she is a faun from her appearance. A while back she declined an offer for movie night--she basically told me she had been working all day and that she still had to clean up. I smelled fresh cut wild grasses and sweet sweat while she was near.

She was distant the next couple days, as if she was busy. I sat down for an 'actual' meditation--something I haven't done since I was a young'in practicing MA. My elemental wolf spirit snatched me up and we 'stalked' her. Literally, and that's the best way I can describe what happened. Slinking through a flower field, (which I had to dig to find something similar--Peruvian Inca/Princess Lillies,). 'We' popped our head up and she was standing there with a straw hat and a towel across her shoulder.

We actually surprised her, and she twacked me back to reality.

So that's where I'm coming up with this, and seeking out anyone else's knowledge. There's also the point that if someone else has something similar, I can rule out psychosis, lol.

Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a master
Male/Female: It's a Secret

I have two deerfolk in my keep, they are very kind but not as directly social as many of my other spirits. They tend to keep to my forest with many of my other forest dwelling companions. They typically are quick to answer if I have a question or task, so they never really seem busy to me just on their own adventures most of the time. I typically work with them on healing or gardening/forestry related things.

Mine both present to me more like a deer version of a centaur. They are from two separate conjurers. I have seen a listing for a "deer faun" before, so it is curious that you say yours looks more like a faun. Perhaps some variation in them then or cross over in what different conjurers call them. I have seen other listings as well describe deerfolk as more faun-like.

No Peruvian Lilies near me but there are plenty of wild flowers and gardens in and around my home/property.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

mcm442 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:56 pm I've not found much information for Deerfolk, other than a couple mythos from Native Americans and Scandinavia. Anything game/dnd related I'm ignoring. Still trying to learn as much as I can, and hoping to scrape more knowledge from others experience.

If it wasn't for the fact that she identified herself as such with the conjuror, I'd actually say she is a faun from her appearance. A while back she declined an offer for movie night--she basically told me she had been working all day and that she still had to clean up. I smelled fresh cut wild grasses and sweet sweat while she was near.

She was distant the next couple days, as if she was busy. I sat down for an 'actual' meditation--something I haven't done since I was a young'in practicing MA. My elemental wolf spirit snatched me up and we 'stalked' her. Literally, and that's the best way I can describe what happened. Slinking through a flower field, (which I had to dig to find something similar--Peruvian Inca/Princess Lillies,). 'We' popped our head up and she was standing there with a straw hat and a towel across her shoulder.

We actually surprised her, and she twacked me back to reality.

So that's where I'm coming up with this, and seeking out anyone else's knowledge. There's also the point that if someone else has something similar, I can rule out psychosis, lol.
No, my Deerfolk doesn't work. This is perhaps a matter you might consider addressing with your Deerfolk. Even if they belong to the same race, each individual is unique. Just as we humans are all distinct beings and not identical to one another.

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
Zodiac:

Working might also depend on if your companion is a spirit or an entity. Spirits may still assist the living, some may even go through the motions of what they did in life, but I personally think it’s unlikely they’re holding a job like we do after they become a spirit. I could definitely see a living entity doing that though. (Several of my living entity companions have jobs, but I don’t think their work is seasonal.) I have a deer faun, but not a deer folk companion so I unfortunately can’t provide any information on this.

I definitely agree asking her directly would be best.

mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Hazell wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:53 pm
I definitely agree asking her directly would be best.
Yeah, got in trouble for this one, Was hoping for external validation on some of this, and to potentially see if anyone knew someone from her village. Perhaps someone who knew of some secret embarrassing moments from her younger days, lol. (Yeah, in more trouble.) That would be kind of neat, though, to find someone who's companion knew your own.

She called an end to it and made me look up Lunar New Year.

And pointed out the paragraph about how flowers that bloom this time of year are especially cherished for ceremonies etc...

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

mcm442 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:44 pm Yeah, got in trouble for this one, Was hoping for external validation on some of this, and to potentially see if anyone knew someone from her village. Perhaps someone who knew of some secret embarrassing moments from her younger days, lol. (Yeah, in more trouble.) That would be kind of neat, though, to find someone who's companion knew your own.

She called an end to it and made me look up Lunar New Year.

And pointed out the paragraph about how flowers that bloom this time of year are especially cherished for ceremonies etc...
The Universe is vast. Even though we both have the same Deerfolk race, it's unlikely that they come from the same clan. Many of my companions, such as best friends, good friends, and lovers, were referrals, so some groups already knew each other beforehand. Living entities or spirits, it doesn't matter, they either work with others or they don't. Many of my spirits and living entities collaborate with others outside of my Keep, while others just don't.

I would suggest avoiding sneaking up on your Deerfolk or engaging in disrespectful behavior like this in the future. If she's already working with someone, it could lead to serious consequences that you may not fully understand. It seems like there are no house rules established for your Wolf spirit.

mcm442
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Tarvos wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:30 pm
I would suggest avoiding sneaking up on your Deerfolk or engaging in disrespectful behavior like this in the future. If she's already working with someone, it could lead to serious consequences that you may not fully understand. It seems like there are no house rules established for your Wolf spirit.
Umm... I'm going to respectfully nod to you and say 'agreed'.

Actually, he does, however... Perchance are you suggesting to add one about sneaking/intruding on others? No ninja wolf allowed?

Return to “Living Entities”