Tips to overcome blockages would be appreciated

Gwinevere
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 200
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I worked on astral travel for 12 years straight. A few times I've had fleeting experiences, but for the most part nothing happened. I no longer dedicate myself to nightly attempts. The "fleeting experiences" were astral projections into the earthly realm (apparitions), and two very brief (seconds-long) astral experiences. Apart from them, I have had two friends tell me that they met me in the astral realm.

This morning my husband came into my room with his voice raised, excited because he couldn't find the coffee container. He woke me up from what apparently was an OBE (I felt a dimensional change). Yet, I have no memory of anything except shopping for brightly colored hairnets. I only remember it because it was what I was doing whe awoken. This experience is why this topic is prominent on my mind today.

My question is, if anyone has tips on how to overcome astral projection blockages, please share.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

My own recommendation is usually to find a good book, by an author with a good reputation. Learn the method & stick to it, until you're doing well with it. Don't mix and match different systems.

This won't suit everyone. Some do better with a semi-diy approach.

But...as you asked... here are 2 books by authors with a good rep/track record.

Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. (Recommended by other Forum members several times here.)

A Witch's Travel Guide to Astral Realms Paperback – 1 May 2009
by D J Conway

They're not identical systems.

For me a good astral travel system includes a way to prepare yourself before starting the session; a way to initiate the process of getting out of your body & ways to do it; a map or guide to the Astral (it's a big place) where to go and what to expect; plus advice about the need to be able to protect yourself during the journey & techniques for doing that.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Gwinevere
new here
new here

Thank you for your response. Yes, I have tried those books and systems to no avail. I was hoping for tips to specifically deal with blockages. I felt that stating I had tried for 12 years implied that I had tried various systems and had stuck to it. Thanks... maybe someone who overcame significant blockages will have something to say. I have been working with binaural beats for a while and regularly get to the point where I shake. Nothing more though. It's odd, as I have no fear or reservations whatsoever.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Your perspective is all wrong and you're trying too hard. So many people think practicing formally with different systems is going to be a sure thing, but these are not universal techniques and absolutely will not make a difference for everyone - even most people - no matter how accepted they are.

Everyone astral projects unconsciously.

Some are naturally more aligned with the astral body, meaning they have excellent recall.

People who succeed do not go in with expectations.

People who succeed are lucid dreamers.

People who succeed are connected with the inner child or are undergoing healing of the inner child and capable of channeling the origin point of self.

Stop relying on conceptualizations of the skill, loosen your grasp over the issue and recognize the above points. Nobody here is going to be able to tell you something that will shift your circumstances if you don't literally 'lighten up'. Placing too much pressure and weight on the act of success in projection of all things, means of course you are therefore 'heavy' and will not align with the astral body. If there are blockages beyond this you will only understand them once you heed this anyway.

You say you're a master in your profile there, I'm not sure if you mean that or what you are a master of, but if you were serious when selecting that designation then whatever it is you have mastered you need to use to help you. Mastery in one area can and should translate to other areas. If you have spirit companions and are masterful at communicating with them for example, you request their support or direct intervention.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Gwinevere wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:58 pm Thank you for your response. Yes, I have tried those books and systems to no avail. I was hoping for tips to specifically deal with blockages. I felt that stating I had tried for 12 years implied that I had tried various systems and had stuck to it. Thanks... [...]
No problem...it was hard to tell.

To me @Vipera aspis atra 's advice is spot on. I won't try and paraphrase what she said, as that would blunt its clarity.

However I've often said myself that I think astral travel is not as hard as people think it is, or as articles might seem to make it out to be. The generally accepted theory is that we do all astral travel during sleep, without even trying to. And, if we doze off in a chair, thinking about somewhere or someone, we may well be psychically there, ie not present with our body. Any relaxed state is kind of a light trance, which is all that's needed, in my experience.

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be a 'perfect' astral traveller, whatever that is, nor a master of it.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Gwinevere
new here
new here

Since the time of focusing nightly for over 12 years straight, I haven't done so for give or take 3 years. I occasionally but infrequently give it another go, and I meditate nightly. I would have called upon my spirits to help if I'd have thougth of it. But since I nearly died 3 years ago, I no longer have near the same degree of awareness and only get brief visions. It's too taxing to take that approach now. What kills me, is the level of silliness... all through those 12 years it didn't occur to me to ask them to help.

It may seem odd that someone with awareness didn't ask them, but I was meditating the topic of a book, was writing a blog, running an online community, and was quite ill. Even so, it seems weird, but that's how it went. :|

What V said about healing the inner child rang a bell.

Heck, I forgot. There were times when I asked various entities to possess me to have the experience. No, and with no explanation. That was when I was quite ill though, so my awareness was diminishing.

<<Edited by Moderator>>

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/sin-eate ... escription
I can’t recommend enough to everyone to have these amazing companions on the strongest level. They do come with me every where and so far almost every day I have had a session with them. They go into my charging box once a week.

Also, I am not an expert astral projector. Mine is naturally occurs during sleep. I seem to have a different life and also busy with assignments. I can’t really explain how I do it but I know this much…right before I am falling asleep…and that is really fast actually for me. Anyway, I ask my astral servitors to take me to my paradise to fully rest up. Then I have a quick moment of saying the code word and that’s it. I am gone.

Gwinevere
new here
new here

I have tried using astral servitors. It didn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion. I created my own and tried those of the top creator in the field in earlier days.
Last edited by Gwinevere on Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Gwinevere wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:23 pm I worked on astral travel for 12 years straight. A few times I've had fleeting experiences, but for the most part nothing happened. I no longer dedicate myself to nightly attempts. The "fleeting experiences" were astral projections into the earthly realm (apparitions), and two very brief (seconds-long) astral experiences. Apart from them, I have had two friends tell me that they met me in the astral realm.

This morning my husband came into my room with his voice raised, excited because he couldn't find the coffee container. He woke me up from what apparently was an OBE (I felt a dimensional change). Yet, I have no memory of anything except shopping for brightly colored hairnets. I only remember it because it was what I was doing whe awoken. This experience is why this topic is prominent on my mind today.

My question is, if anyone has tips on how to overcome astral projection blockages, please share.
I strongly believe that it would be wise for you to pay attention to Vipera's words. It seems like you've spent a significant amount of time trying different approaches, but you're too fixated on the end results and trying to control every aspect of the experience, which is ultimately hindering your progress.

Furthermore, whenever others offer you advice, your initial response is to come up with excuses as to why you didn't consider their idea before. This mindset is creating yet another obstacle for you.

I'm siding with Vipera here because even if there are 100 tips and tricks listed in this discussion, you may dismiss them as unsuccessful right from the start. Instead of approaching it with an authoritative mindset of "been there, done that," try to question why those methods work for others and not for you.

Other people have already provided valuable advice, and I want to reiterate Vipera's point that you should embrace a more relaxed and open mindset. The obstacles you're facing are self-imposed, so you need to find ways to shift your perspective. Alternatively, you can also consider using CH enchanted soap and CH aromatherapy oil designed to help overcome blockages and create a more positive atmosphere for yourself.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Gwinevere
new here
new here

You are too sensitive, standing in defense of your kindred. However, my stating that the suggestions are within what I have already tried, is my way of filtering out what is irrelevant to me. Lighten up, dude! No insult is intended, only separating wheat from chaff. Your suggestion proposes that I try these things or pretend that I will. That's not going to work. :L

One more thing, that's 3 posts in a row that are mildy baiting and I will not respond in the desired vein.
Last edited by Gwinevere on Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Astral Projection/OBE”