MYTHS, LIES & OTHER FABRICATIONS OF KNOWLEDGE

Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

Thank you LadyRedStar :) you've put my fears to rest. Good job the spirit world is far more evolved and far less fickle than ours lol BB

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Giving this a BIG ::bump::

The grapevine has been alive with some disturbing myths about people claiming the powers to steal other people's spirits, open portals in other people's homes, and other violations... PLEASE read the original post in this thread!!!

And, PLEASE, PLEASE consult a PROFESSIONAL in this community if you have questions. There are way too many people who are self-proclaiming statuses they do not possess and luring people who don't know better into believing things that are not possible. Ash & I have a vast wealth of knowledge we've shared with the online world for years now, and there are many other practitioners & authorities who have standing for years in the community and can offer you insight.

As the online Spirit Keeper community grows so does the possibility of misinformation, myths, lies, etc to spread. Look to trusted sources of information or consult a trusted professional for answers before you believe something you suspect doesn't sound right.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

::bump::

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Yes, the whole thing about checking with a professional like Magnolia or Ash - you actually talk to someone with a certain amount of experience and expertise not known to those outside of the profession. This is the same approach one would adopt when one is sick or looking for financial planning advice or legal advice - consult the professional who knows their shiz. Now, I find it funny when I run into individuals who criticize the idea that some of us will mention something that Ash/Magnolia have said. Yes, we are all perfectly capable of independent thought and this is precisely why we defer to those with vast amounts of experience and do this stuff for a living, rather than any joe schmoe on the internet. Just like you wouldn't go to your neighbor's aunt for legal advice, but would seek out a licensed lawyer to handle your divorce, you wouldn't go to any random individual who sets up shop on ebay.

I really hope the newer members see this, as discerning myth from fact is paramount to keeping you safe and healthy as you grow on your own spiritual path.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Bumping this for the noobs.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

BUMP!

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Bumping ;)

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

This was all very good information. I am glad I have resources to learn so much. Good questions answered. ::noob::

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

lunar-sheriti
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My magical/paranormal name...: sheriti
Zodiac:

wow, this was very informative. very good for reference ::bump::

love my spirits
ImageImageImage
what_lies_beneath
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire

creepyhollows wrote:Whether or not collecting makes you a magnet for other spirits is kind of up in the air as far as that being the only requirement to attract unbounds. I think that there must be multiple factors involved, such as sensitivity to spirits, a person who is open to unbounds and a willing environment. I think that just keeping spirits alone isn't a magnet because not everyone experiences unbounds who are looking for a new home. And I believe some people will attract multiple races of spirits whereas others may only attract one race of spirits.

If you are a candidate to attract unbounds I think you will do so and they will stay whether you sense them immediately or not. Let's say you are someone Fae are attracted to. They may come and attach themselves around your home as a place to stay and communicate with you one way or another and once you realize they are there and have opened dialogue you can ask if they want to stay permanently or temporarily. Contacting through telepathy, pendulum, automatic writing, visions, dreams, or any venue is a good one to make contact & open conversation.

They may be with you an hour, day or week before you sense them depending on their level of energy and your sensitivity. Once you've made contact you can proceed with whatever option is best for you both!
Well this explains what I had been wanting to know before ...whether other spirits come when you have invited spirits in to your home through your choice...

In my case hopefully not :scared: hehe I prefer the choice...much like a stranger knocking on my door ...I prefer advance notice LOL don't come without invitation :lol:

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”