You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Fairy
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Wings
Zodiac:

Where does all of the information come from regarding conjuring spirits and spirit keeping. Is it just handed down through family knowledge or are there actual written documents or books with the information in it.

I am just very curious as to how everything came about. This may be a little off target, but also just so curious about how metaphysical knowledge came about period. I know the story goes that in the beginning the "watchers" mingled with the humans and taught them many things as well as fancied wives for themselves....that is the biblical account. Are there other accounts? What should I read? What should I search for.

In order for me to get a basic foundation of the metaphysical, I would really like to learn about the history on the subject from a reputable source. Any information regarding this would be helpful. Any starting place at least to give me something to chew on so I can figure out what more to look for. There are so many "masters" it seems like in this field. I would like to start with some basic history first, then move my way up, that way maybe I can tell where my own path might be winding towards and who and what to follow...I don't know if this make sense, but it may help me on being able to discern some facts from fiction as I go along so I don't get led astray.

I LOVE Dragons!!
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

jewelheart wrote:Where does all of the information come from regarding conjuring spirits and spirit keeping. Is it just handed down through family knowledge or are there actual written documents or books with the information in it.
And lots of experimenting and try and error and some people are born with all senses and can learn from spirits and entities and they pass on knowledge.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
jewelheart
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Fairy
My magical/paranormal name...: Soul Wings
Zodiac:

Aprophis wrote:
jewelheart wrote:Where does all of the information come from regarding conjuring spirits and spirit keeping. Is it just handed down through family knowledge or are there actual written documents or books with the information in it.
And lots of experimenting and try and error and some people are born with all senses and can learn from spirits and entities and they pass on knowledge.
Thanks for your reply. I guess I just want to learn more about everything...all at once...lol. I thought maybe it be best that I started with some true history of the metaphysical and how the knowledge came to be, such as the history of the wizards, mages, etc. I guess I may not find out how it all came to be in the beginning, although that would be nice to know as well. Going to try to do some searching around on the net for some infamous wizards and see what I can find. Thank you again :)

I LOVE Dragons!!
Cayden29
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of Them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Merfolk
My magical/paranormal name...: Cayden
Zodiac:

WingedWolfPsion wrote:
I therefore believe that what we believe isn't as important as the results we achieve, and that metaphysical practioners should always keep this mind, and respect other practitioners for their results, rather than arguing their beliefs.

I feel we are all blind men/women who are touching one part of an elephant--whether you have the trunk, the leg, or the tail, you simply don't have the whole elephant, and really never can--so, we're all right, and also all wrong, about what reality really is. That's ok--if we knew it all, there would be nothing left to learn, and it would get dull pretty fast.

One thing is certain--in dealing with the metaphysical, it's never dull. ;)
I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE. Honestly I have never seen someone put it in such a way. n_n Kudos to you.

You live in a world that has no place for someone like me. You see, sometimes I'm good. Oh, I'm very good. But sometimes I'm bad. But only as bad as I wanna be. Untamed and unafraid~
WhoLovesApples
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Shade

Awesome thread :) thank you

Jovana
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Cayden29 wrote:
WingedWolfPsion wrote:
I therefore believe that what we believe isn't as important as the results we achieve, and that metaphysical practioners should always keep this mind, and respect other practitioners for their results, rather than arguing their beliefs.

I feel we are all blind men/women who are touching one part of an elephant--whether you have the trunk, the leg, or the tail, you simply don't have the whole elephant, and really never can--so, we're all right, and also all wrong, about what reality really is. That's ok--if we knew it all, there would be nothing left to learn, and it would get dull pretty fast.

One thing is certain--in dealing with the metaphysical, it's never dull. ;)
I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE. Honestly I have never seen someone put it in such a way. n_n Kudos to you.
This is brilliantly worded, well said!

Namaste,
Jovana

<3 5 courtwind angels, 1 psy vampire, 1 senmurv <3
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400
If I could be anything, I would be...: My True Self
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hi Mags,

Thanks for this thread.
Can you clear up something that seems to re-occur on quite a regular basis please?

Can Throne Angels be bound or not?
Or can only portals be used to access them?

Many thanks in advance Mags,
Blessings to you and Ash

I used to know things
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

Immortals can be bound in the sense a direct link/direct portal is created to them. As Immortals they are not physically bound to just one vessel.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Anteros
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 400