darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Giving this a BIG ::bump::

The grapevine has been alive with some disturbing myths about people claiming the powers to steal other people's spirits, open portals in other people's homes, and other violations... PLEASE read the original post in this thread!!!

And, PLEASE, PLEASE consult a PROFESSIONAL in this community if you have questions. There are way too many people who are self-proclaiming statuses they do not possess and luring people who don't know better into believing things that are not possible. Ash & I have a vast wealth of knowledge we've shared with the online world for years now, and there are many other practitioners & authorities who have standing for years in the community and can offer you insight.

As the online Spirit Keeper community grows so does the possibility of misinformation, myths, lies, etc to spread. Look to trusted sources of information or consult a trusted professional for answers before you believe something you suspect doesn't sound right.
I would also like to see some updates of information in the first page, such as with summary of other myths that have been discussed in other threads:)

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
jellybean
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 75
Spelled Number: 150
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rainbow Walker
Zodiac:

::bump::

~ Jane

:pirate2: :pirate2: PROUD TO BE A PIRATE :pirate2: :pirate2:
LostAngels
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella
Zodiac:

Does keeping and wanting djinns mean you have to trade my soul? That's the only thing that worries me

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

SteveSusan wrote:Does keeping and wanting djinns mean you have to trade my soul? That's the only thing that worries me
That is a big no on that. Djinn do not deal in souls, they have no use for them. Think of them as brokers (not a perfect analogy), some don't ask for much; recognition for good deeds, maybe a particular offering or energy. Darker leaning djinn might have steeper prices for their work, but not your soul.

draco_star898
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

SteveSusan wrote:Does keeping and wanting djinns mean you have to trade my soul? That's the only thing that worries me
That is a big no on that. Djinn do not deal in souls, they have no use for them. Think of them as brokers (not a perfect analogy), some don't ask for much; recognition for good deeds, maybe a particular offering or energy. Darker leaning djinn might require a more expensive form of offering for their work, but not your soul.

Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac:

doom_star898 wrote:
That is a big no on that. Djinn do not deal in souls, they have no use for them. Think of them as brokers (not a perfect analogy), some don't ask for much; recognition for good deeds, maybe a particular offering or energy. Darker leaning djinn might have steeper prices for their work, but not your soul.
Altogether true. Additionally, if there were a djinn who just liked to set souls on fire and watch them burn, they would be BA and not sold by CH. Which is why it's important to have a conjurer you trust.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Agree with what others said : )

And also, differentiate between bind to spirit and bind to soul, just in case : )
http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/top ... ml#p367018

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
LostAngels
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella
Zodiac:

Thank you All!

Minimoon
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: ?
If I could be anything, I would be...: live aslong as i wan
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Katara
Zodiac:

jewelheart wrote:Where does all of the information come from regarding conjuring spirits and spirit keeping. Is it just handed down through family knowledge or are there actual written documents or books with the information in it.

I am just very curious as to how everything came about. This may be a little off target, but also just so curious about how metaphysical knowledge came about period. I know the story goes that in the beginning the "watchers" mingled with the humans and taught them many things as well as fancied wives for themselves....that is the biblical account. Are there other accounts? What should I read? What should I search for.

In order for me to get a basic foundation of the metaphysical, I would really like to learn about the history on the subject from a reputable source. Any information regarding this would be helpful. Any starting place at least to give me something to chew on so I can figure out what more to look for. There are so many "masters" it seems like in this field. I would like to start with some basic history first, then move my way up, that way maybe I can tell where my own path might be winding towards and who and what to follow...I don't know if this make sense, but it may help me on being able to discern some facts from fiction as I go along so I don't get led astray.
Oooooo I'd also like to hear responses to this

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”