new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Minimoon wrote:
jewelheart wrote:Where does all of the information come from regarding conjuring spirits and spirit keeping. Is it just handed down through family knowledge or are there actual written documents or books with the information in it.

I am just very curious as to how everything came about. This may be a little off target, but also just so curious about how metaphysical knowledge came about period. I know the story goes that in the beginning the "watchers" mingled with the humans and taught them many things as well as fancied wives for themselves....that is the biblical account. Are there other accounts? What should I read? What should I search for.

In order for me to get a basic foundation of the metaphysical, I would really like to learn about the history on the subject from a reputable source. Any information regarding this would be helpful. Any starting place at least to give me something to chew on so I can figure out what more to look for. There are so many "masters" it seems like in this field. I would like to start with some basic history first, then move my way up, that way maybe I can tell where my own path might be winding towards and who and what to follow...I don't know if this make sense, but it may help me on being able to discern some facts from fiction as I go along so I don't get led astray.
Oooooo I'd also like to hear responses to this

Me too! Me too!

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Another account would be Solomon. Related one would be Harut and Marut who might have taught it to Solomon in one version of the story : )

And there are other stories from different cultures related to conjuring spirits, e.g. Japan's magatama bead said to be a link to ancestors, etc.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Minimoon
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: ?
If I could be anything, I would be...: live aslong as i wan
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Katara
Zodiac:

darkwing wrote:Another account would be Solomon. Related one would be Harut and Marut who might have taught it to Solomon in one version of the story : )

And there are other stories from different cultures related to conjuring spirits, e.g. Japan's magatama bead said to be a link to ancestors, etc.
Oooooooo thank you

LostAngels
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella
Zodiac:

Great info!

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

BUMP! This is very important as there are some things being circulated as fact that will come back to haunt some Keepers later if they are continued to be believed.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Can we sticky this topic?

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Bumping this : )

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
willowreed
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 13
Your favorite spirit to work with: Red Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gryphon
My magical/paranormal name...: willowreed

I have a nagging question... If spirits are more powerful than humans, how is it that humans can "permanently" bind spirits to anything? Wouldn't they be able to break those bonds quite easily?

Thanks...
Suzanne

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

PLEASE! Read the initial posts on this thread. PLEASE stop circulating inaccuracies and lies about Spirit Keeping. When you don't take the time to learn about real Spirit Keeping & what it is, and you say things that real Spirit Keepers know cannot be true, it makes others not want to take you seriously and you jeopardize any chance you have at a real experience.

PLEASE stop circulating the myth that spirits can be harmed, beaten, tortured, etc. PLEASE stop circulating the lie that spirits can die... they are already dead, that is why they are spirits. Learn the difference between spirits, entities, and souls. There is a HUGE and vast difference between those three things and the misinformation spread through people not well-educated or well-versed in what Spirit Keeping is only magnifies the issues and stigma this community receives from outsiders.

I have spoken, on several occasions, to people in this community who have been here since the beginning, and who I know are well-educated in the practice of Spirit Keeping, and the cumulative thought amongst them it that it's not their job to educated newcomers when they repeat all the lies & fabrications outlined in this post, but I disagree, because it's essential that we stop people from repeating these lies & myths over and over again. It not only makes the entire Spirit Keeping community look ignorant, but it robs newcomers of any chance of real experiences in Spirit Keeping.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Catgirl2
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 22
Spelled Number: 22
Your favorite spirit to work with: Masheba Shifter
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not quite sure?
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I believe Catgirl may be it-a nickname I got years ago!
Zodiac:

I agree with your post! Now I do have a question about inaccuracies or lies & that is about certain Spirits-how do I tell the difference on if they are really good or bad if the info I get comes from a so called well educated person? I do know & trust that Ash & Magnolia are well educated on types of spirits & their classifications as to a Spirit is WA or DA as well as BA, but what I am asking about is if some one is well educated why post something as the truth when its not! Why lie if you want to call it that then refuse to give an answer to where you got your information from when asked? I believe if a person joins this site & wants to learn as much as possible, then our fellow forum members need to be respectful to some ones knowledge or lack of it, not judge! If you make a post then be honest with it, including giving an answer when asked! Each & everyone of us has some kind of experience & how or where we got it from is why we are here! One person may have good luck with a certain type of Spirit, another may not, which is why I am asking!

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”