new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I've seen a few episodes and thought it was pretty nifty. Real or not idk. I watched it at a friends house, i dont really have cable

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

You might be able to watch it on the internet. I don't know which network it broadcasts on but I do know a lot of networks offer their shows for viewing online.

I'm not sure if this is one of the shows I've seen but if I have it was likely only one episode. I tend to stay away from the ghost-hunting shows on TV because they seem to only promote the negative side of ghosts & spirits. I understand that in order to keep the show on air it has to be entertaining and advertisers have to want to pay for commercial time during the program so they have to keep it thrilling & intriguing but it's an inaccurate portrait of paranormal investigation. We've been to just as many good investigations as bad and you don't hear about the good ones on TV. LOL

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

paranormal state is on the a&e channel on tuesday nights at 10est and just began new shows the other night (i recorded it but haven't watched yet) and it was called "darkness falls". this is the show with ryan buell and i believe the same team that he had while at penn state. this show is different from the other shows in that ryan and the team do work with psychics such as chip coffey and michelle belanger as well as world reknown demonologist lorraine warren. it gives a bit more of a "of course spirits are around us at all times and they are not all friendly" angle. the show has dealt with possessions several times and they do not try to fluff it over but show that it can be a dangerous situation not only for the person but also for any family around. they have dealt with people "dabbling" in magick and the occult and the results of not knowing what one is doing when opening gates or portals to the spirit realm. all in all, i'd have to say i enjoy this show most. :) take care! arsine :wave: :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

I love Paranormal State, and yes, you can watch it on the internet. Here is A&E's home page:

http://www.aetv.com/paranormal-state/

If you subscribe to a cable network video on demand, it's on the A&E channel. I find the show refreshing, honest, they go back and
talk to local historians to get the history on properties and have arranged several blessings for people that are having more serious issues.
A very dedicated group of students from Penn State University.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
onlooker00
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Glad to hear so many positive things about it. I liked the show because they are usually very respectful of the people and spirits they deal with. They usually try to debunk everything before going with a paranormal view. I havent seen many shows but was hooked from the first one i got to watch. lol

mrblonde
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

The first season is on hulu.com. But it's only the first season, and I think on TV they're on their third season (I don't have cable anymore). I really liked that show, they were more concerned with helping people than with catching a "ghost" on film. One of my vampires loves to sit and watch this show (I still catch it on the computer) and scary movies with me.

Kim Junsu
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

This is quite an enjoyable show!=D It is one of my favourites to watch!=P Though I agree that they do tend to show mainly negative experiences, and it was watching these kinds of shows that made me think, since young, that all contact with spirits is frightening...=/ LOL! Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would ever purchase haunted items willingly, and with a sound mind!XP

-Junsu-

Laugh when you need to,
frown cause you're mad.
Scream when you feel shocked,
cry when feeling sad.
Just be yourself people!
No need to pretend!
Just remember, let out a smile,
for a finishing touch at the end!=)

Return to “Paranormal Media Review”